Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 4: Filler Chapter

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

(Jackie's P.O.V)

Jackie woke up to find the house empty...again. It's not like she saw her dad that often in the mornings anyway so she was used to it.

She did her morning routine and went downstairs to make herself breakfast. There wasn't much to eat this morning but she knew her dad would never let her starve.

Jackie wished that she could be close enough to him to completely explain her powers to him. Ever since she was little she had the power to make people envious of one another. It would start off small like two best friends being envious that one was prettier than the other or something else small and petty like that.

The real reason they had to leave their old town wasn't because of her dad's job but because of her. She didn't know how to completly control her powers of envy and well, her dad's ex girlfriend got envious of how close Jackie was to her father and let's just say it didn't end well because she is now...in an asylum, for trying to explain that Jackie's powers were what made her envious.

In her old town superpowers were thought to fiction, but as we all know with Word Girl it's anything but.

As soon as her father found out about her powers, he didn't know how to take it...his only daughter could make people envious ...Jackie's mom had the power to make people jealous he assumed that the apple hadn't fallen far from the tree. So for that reason, her father left her home alone most of the time, truth be told he was actually scared of his own daughter, not of her powers but what they were capable of.

Jackie didn't know this, she just assumed that her dad was hiding something from her but she saw him so rarely that she hardly rememberd to bring it up. It was in their last town where Jackie had gotten the idea to create an alter ego, Envy. She wasn't very popular in her last school and was always bullied, so using her Envy persona she made her bullies become envious of one another, it had worked, until her powers had gone too far and she made the whole school envious of one another.

It got bad to the point where every sports team strived their hardest to beat every other school and as a result her old school was number one in every sport but the cost was great, they were number one alright but many of the athletes had severe injuries from pushing themselves too much and well yeah it was pretty bad.

Her old school was also where she learned to sew and using her new skills she created her costume; it was a completely black jumpsuit with green stripes down the sides because the green represented being green with envy and black is the darkest shade of envy anyone could feel. She topped off her outfit with a black mask that covered her eyes, she didn't need her glasses to see all the time just to read.

In the time I wrote that whole backstory, Jackie had finished breakfast, brushed her teeth, gotten her backpack and headed out the door and began walking to school after locking the door behind her of course; knowing damn well that there are thieves in this town.

She knew how she had to act today and she wasn't all that thrilled but she was doing it in the hopes of gaining a friend.

Text from Tobey to Jackie: Are you ready for today?

Reply from Jackie to Tobey: Eeyup.

Even though Tobey had told her that one secret she knew she should wait a bit before telling him of her powers.

(Becky's P.O.V)

Bob wasn't feeling too good, he must have caught the flu from Violet or something. Becky was just about to reach her locker to put her bag away and grab a few books when she noticed that Tobey was at his locker, which was next to hers.

"Hey, Tobey." She greeted casually.

Tobey glanced at her should before saying. "Where's Bob?"

"Oh, he wasn't feeling too good, I think he might be sick." Said Becky as she opened up her locker and stuck her head in.

"That's a shame, because without him here who am I going to compare your beauty to?"

Becky was glad that her head was in the locker because she was blushing.

"Oh haha very funny." She muttered but loud enough for him to hear.

When she closed her locker she was surprised to find Jackie there.

"Oh hey Jackie, everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. Just wanted to talk to Tobey about something." With that they both walked away down the other end of the hallway and away from Becky.

"Am I missing something here?" Becky asked to herself as she walked in the other direction.

The day was pretty uneventful as was the rest of the week not that many crimes were commited. Violet came back to school the next week and things for Becky got pretty lively again. Becky heard it from her during a phone call. Needless to say, at first Becky was a bit jealous at first until she realized that he was never into her to begin with and they do make a cute couple.

(Third person Point Of View)

It was suddenly Saturday and TJ Botsford couldn't wait to start the meeting of his Word Girl fan club. Ever since finding out that Becky was Word Girl he could have easily blackmailed her into coming to all the club meetings but he knew that he would want her to something for him in return in the future so at times Tobey would help Becky come up with excuses for why she was late for something.

"Becky I'm about to leave for the first Word Girl fanclub meeting of the school year. Do you think Word Girl is going to show up?" He asked, winking. This was their signal to let the other know stuff about each other without their parents guessing what was up.

"She will be as soon as she takes out the trash." Said Becky as she folded up the newspaper she was reading.

"Ok, well see you later." Said TJ as he walked out the door.

Their parents were out in the yard, gardening.

"Heeelp, a sweet old lady just robbed the new vegan food store!"

"I must go my people need me." Becky ran into her room to wake up a sleeping captain huggy face who was trying to sleep the fever off.

"Let's go captain huggy face, we must stop granny may."

(Go on without me I'm still sick) muttered captain huggy face as he rolled over so that his back was to her.

"Fine I'll just take TJ along so something can happen to him and I'll have another hard time trying to explain how that happened." Becky sassed at him.

(Ugh fine!) Captain Huggy Face said, feeling mad that he was still sick and he just wanted to sleep, but he knew that she would maybe possibly blame him if anything happened to TJ.

He quickly got on his suit and off they went.

At The Vegan Food Store....

"Hahaha! I, Granny May, have just robbed from this store. Ugh it wasn't easy but I managed, it sure has gotten harder to commit crimes with me getting into my old age. I should start looking into retirement."

"Stop right there Granny May!" Said Word Girl as she floated in front of Granny May.

"Oh, it's you Word Girl." Said Granny May as she reached for her purse.

"Not so fast!" Said Word Girl as she quickly snatched the purse from Granny May.

"Oh, fudgedoodles!" Said Granny May, as she stopped caring. "You got me Word Girl, just take me to jail already, I'm tired of this life of crime."

"So then why did you rob the vegan food store in the first place?"

"For the money, I sure didn't do it for the food." She said, cringing slightly at the thought of eating vegan food, like vegan hotdogs eww. (Sorry if I offended any vegans or people who don't eat meat I just don't like meatless things)

"Oh, well, where you're going isn't jail I'm afraid."

"What? What do you mean? You're not going to get paid?" Said Granny May taking slight offense.

"Sorry, but you're getting up there in age, I'm afraid we're going to have to send you to......old people jail."

"What? Old geezers fail?"

Word Girl facepalmed. As soon as she did that a police officer showed up to take her away. "We'll take it from here Word Girl, and thanks for the help."

"No problem." Said Word Girl as she flew off with Captain Huggy Fave.

(Well, that was fast I don't see why you even needed me) Said Captain Huggy Face, in annoyance. Annoyed that he wasn't at home to take a nice long nap.

"Well sorry, I thought that this would be more dangerous and..." She had heard something else with her super hearing. "Word Girl help! My cleaning robot is on the fritz and I can't get close enough to it to shut it down."

"That sounded like...Tobey?" (Well if you're only going to disarm his robot can you drop me off at home on your way there?) Asked Captain Huggy Face.

"Alright, I actually want you to get better." Word Girl dropped him off at home before remembering that she didn't have much time left before she had to make her appearance at TJ's club.

She zoomed over to Tobey's house to see what the problem was.

When she got there it was pretty bad....Tobey's cleaning robot had broken several dishes, smashed his mother's fine china, broke a few picture frames, and was now throwing pasta at Tobey.

"Help me Word Girl, you're my last hope!" Tobey yelled as he took cover behind a couch.

Word Girl managed to not only shut down the robot but she helped him clean up the house and glue what she could back together. It took them a bit but together, Word Girl and Tobey managed to fix it before his mom got home.

"How can I ever repay you?" Tobey asked.

"By fixing your robot so this doesn't happen again." Said Word Girl as she put one hand on her hip and the other on her chin in thought. "I thought you were done using your robots to try and get my attention, Tobey."

Tobey blushed a deep red. "Who told you that? I only told that to one person, your friend Becky Botsford. I wonder..." Said Tobey as he whipped out his cellphone.

Word Girl's eyes widened....she knew what he was about to do and she knew that if she tried to stop him it would only look suspicious.

"W-what are you going to do with your phone?" Asked Word Girl, suddenly remembering that she had her phone on her.

"Oh nothing, just going to make a quick call." With that Tobey made the call and Word Girl's phone began playing the pretty princess theme.

"Funny, your phone has the same ringtone as Becky. But I wonder who is calling you." Said Tobey. Word Girl quickly whipped out the phone to set it to vibrate.

"Oh wow, you even have the same kind of phone as Becky." Said Tobey. "Um, can we discuss our friends' phones some other time? I really have to get going..." Said Word Girl as she looked at the time on her phone.

"Yes, yes of course. I just want to tell you something.." Said Tobey.

"Ok?" Said Word Girl.

"Come closer."

"Ok." Said Word Girl as she flew an inch closer to him.

"Closer."

She flew another inch.

"Closer."

She flew another inch.

"Oh, to save the author from having to write a long and tedious part just fly over here so I can whisper it in your ear."

"Ugh! Fine!" Word Girl complained as she flew close enough for him to whisper in her ear.

"I'm done trying to get your attention." Tobey whispered into her ear as he hugged her, taking her by surprise.

"Oh...kay? Why?" Said Word Girl, confused. Tobey quickly broke the hug and looked her in the eyes.

"Oh, I am going to miss those eyes. But as you already know, you don't even like me so it would never work out. I can't force you to love me."

Word Girl felt bad for making him feel like this. "Tobey I,"

"Shh, the time for talking is over." Said Tobey as he put a finger to her lips.

Word Girl raised an eyebrow and as soon as he removed his finger from her lips and before she could say anything else, he kissed her.

It wasn't like a deep kiss like making out but it was deep enough to make her blush. She couldn't admit it to herself then but Becky Word Girl Botsford was enjoying kissing Tobey and it was her first kiss.

She flew away from his house as fast as possible because she didn't know how to react. Word Girl decided to think about it on her way to TJ's club meeting.

"Oh my gosh! He kissed me! I'm really perturbed." Said Word Girl. Um, hey Word Girl remind me what perturbed means.

"Oh sure. Perurbed means to throw into great disorder or to derange. Like how Tobey really perturbed me when he kissed me out of the blue."

Just as soon as she finished defining perturbed, Word Girl made it to TJ's club house. and she flew inside.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" She greeted her fans.

"Oh my gosh! Word Girl did show up to today's meeting!" Said one fan.

"Sorry I couldn't be here sooner, I had to fight crime and keep the city safe, you know?"

"That's ok Word Girl, let's continue this meeting. Today's topic for debate, should we ship you with Tobey?"

"What's shipping?" Asked Word Girl confused. "I know what it means but not in the way that you're using it."

"To ship two people means that you would like to see them in a relationship, like for example I totally ship you with Tobey because you're around the same age but Brian over here ships you with Two Brains and I said it wouldn't work because he's too old and that'd be creepy." Said TJ.

"I'm not sure I like being shipped with another person. Can't I just ship myself with whom I choose?" Said Word Girl.

"Not really. It doesn't work like that." Said another fangirl.

"Then teach me the ways of shipping." Said Word Girl.

They spent the rest of the afternoon discussing how shipping works.

"Ohhh now I understand it completely. Thanks guys, but I really have to get going." Word Girl said, winking to TJ.

TJ understood that as a sign of, he had to get going. "Right, same here. Meeting adjourned, see you all next week."

With that everyone left for home.

Tobey's house....

Tobey looked through his phone at pictures he had taken both with Word Girl and with Becky.

"I wonder why she keeps trying to hide her identity from me when even I know it's that obvious." Tobey muttered to himself as he kept on flipping.

Tobey's mom knocked on his door.

"Tobey, I need to talk to you about something."

"Come in mother, my room is all clean just how you like it to be."

"Have you been using your cleaning robot to clean it this time?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"No, mother. I have been cleaning it myself ever since it went on the fritz and I had to repair it. Anyhoo, is something the matter?"

"It's just that I have a business meeting in Europe and I am sending you to stay with the Botsfords for a month."

"What?!" Tobey asked, bewildered.

"Anyways, I'm going to need you to start packing. I leave in a couple of days."

"Alright. I will fetch my suitcase from the garage."

As soon as she left, Tobey rubbed his hands together evilly.

"Perfect, now I will have to catch her mid transformation sooner or later and when I do, well I don't know what I'm going to do but it will be something bad."

TO BE CONTINUED

thank you for even reading this crappy fanfic, see you in the next chapter.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for even reading this crappy fanfic, see you in the next chapter.