Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 5: An Interesting Dream

(Third Person P.O.V.)

"Hmmmm." Thought Tobey out loud as he packed his suitcase for his stay with the Botsfords. "What camera would be best for capturing quick and easily sharable photographs?" Tobey decided that he would ask Scoops for his opinion.

"Hello?" Said Scoops as he picked up the phone. "Hello Scoops, it's me Tobey, I need to ask your opinion on a camera."

"Sure, I'm all about cameras." Said Scoops.

"Which camera out of these 2 would be best for capturing quick and easily sharable photographs, the KRY-outdoors or the INE-stealth?" (I don't really use any cameras and Idk any brand names)

"Well I would have to say the INE-stealth because it's in the name, that it would be quick so that would be your best option."

"Ok, thanks so much." Said Tobey.

"Oh Tobey, before you go, I just have to ask, Violet and I are going to homecoming next month, maybe you and Becky could double date with us?"

Tobey hadn't really thought about even going to homecoming, either way, he wasn't about to pass up a chance to make Becky, envious..

"What ever makes you assume that I would be going with Becky?" Asked Tobey, nervously.

"Well you guys are really close and oohhh wait, are you going with Jackie?" Said Scoops, teasing him a bit.

"I'll let you know about that later, I hadn't really thought about going but now that you mention it, double dating does sound like a good idea, perhaps we should discuss this as a group at lunch time next week."

"Cool, well see you then I have to go."

"Bye." Said Tobey.

"Bye." Said Scoops.

"That was weird." Said Scoops as he finished packing. "I guess, I will ask Jackie since we've been hanging out a lot more lately, I hope Becky doesn't become too envious, I wouldn't want to lose her....as a friend."

As a friend, yeah right.

"Oh what do you know about my relationship with Becky, narrator?" Said Tobey, annoyed. I know damn well that you like her.

"Yes, it's true. I have feelings for Becky. I'm going to sleep it off." With that, Tobey put on his jammies and drifted off to sleep.

(At Becky's home)

Becky Botsford was busy brushing her teeth with the door open when her mom knocked on the door, startling her a bit.

"Knock, knock." Said Sally Botsford as she opened the door a bit wider.

"What is it mom?" Asked Becky with her mouth full of minty rabies.

"Becky, can you tell TJ to clean his room? We have a guest staying with us for the month."

"Who?" Asked Becky.

"Your friend Tobey McCallister."

Becky spit out her toothpaste onto the bathroom mirror. "Wait what?!"

"His mom is going on a business trip in Europe and asked us to let him stay here for the month. And can you clean up the mirror? I don't want him thinking we're a bunch of slobs."

After she cleaned up her little mess, Becky went into her room. By this time Bob was starting to get better, but he was still a bit....sniffly.

"How are you feeling Bob?" Asked Becky.

(I'm feeling better than I was yesterday) Chirped Bob happily. (Just a bit more and I will be alright)

"That's good to know." Said Becky as she climbed into bed. She yawned and stretched her arms. "Goodnight Bob." Said Becky as she turned off the light. (Goodnight Becky) Chirped Bob.

(In Becky's dream)

Becky was helping Princess Triana save the day, when suddenly Tobey appeared out of nowhere.

"Hello Becky, you're looking as lovely as ever I see."

Becky blushed, for he had never straight up called her lovely to her face before.

"I want to ask you something."

"What did you want to ask me, Tobey?" Asked Becky as she put one hand on her hip.

"Dance with me?" Asked Tobey holding out his hand.

Becky was hesitant at first but she then took his hand and they found themselves alone in a ballroom. Becky was wearing a light pink ballroom gown and Tobey was wearing a white tux with black dress pants.

She hadn't noticed that there was already music playing and Tobey led her gracefully across the dance floor. He danced so smoothly with her it felt like they were almost flying.

"Tobey, when did you learn how to dance so smoothly?"

"This is a dream precious, the real me wouldn't be this caring. I'm only acting the way you want me to act in your mind. The real me wouldn't hold you this close."

This made Becky feel a bit sad for real because she knew that he was right.

"Even though this is only a dream, can we just enjoy it?" Said Becky.

"Yes, darling. I want to enjoy every living, breathing moment with you."

"Oh Tobey, I wish you were this romantic for real." Becky sighed as he dipped her.

"Oh Becky. Sweet, innocent Becky. I wish this could be real too." Before he brought her back up he leaned forward and kissed her. It was a gentle kiss and even though it was a dream they were both blushing.

(Now let's go to Tobey's room)

At the exact same time, Tobey was having the same dream as Becky.

He was just about to kiss her for longer when his alarm woke him up.

"Oh darn, it was really getting good," He muttered as he got up to do his morning routine. He looked at his calendar and saw that it was Sunday.

"Oh goodie, today I will be going to stay with the Botsfords. Him and his mom got ready to leave. "Do you have everything?" Asked Claire McCallister to her son.

"Yes mother, I have everything I need." Said Tobey, patting his suitcase. "Good, now I will give you a copy of the house key but only to water the plants every few days and only if your friend Becky goes with you."

"Alright." Said Tobey, not exactly thrilled that he was only allowed in the house while his mother was gone to water her plants.

Becky was in her Word Girl clothes since she had gotten up and told her dad she was going to the store to pick up some bread for lunch later that day, as she was partrolling the city with Captain Huggy Face on her shoulder. Suddenly, she heard yelling.." Heeelp the people that work in city hall are fighting and I don't know why."

"Wooord up!" Said Word Girl as she flew towards city hall.

(At city hall)

The mayor was fighting with District Attorney Botsofrd over something.

"Oh you think you're so great, helping people out and sending the bad guys to jail." Sneered the mayor, as he crossed his arms and gave her a dirty look.

"At least I'm not in charge of running the city, you can't even stop a few criminals from comitting crimes 24/7." Mrs, Botsford spat back. "And for your information I happen to be good at me job. What's your excuse?"

Word Girl flew in before it could get any uglier.

"What's going on here?"

"Well you can tell District Attorney Botsford that I envy the way she does her job so well." Said the mayor.

"Wait, you're envious of me? I'm envious that you get to be mayor even though you're not very good at it."

"Why are you feeling envious?" Asked Word Girl.

"I think I can answer that." Said an unknown voice.

Word Girl gasped as she took in her appearance. It was that strange girl from her dream.

"The name's En.V. Us." Said the girl. "But I go by Envy." Said Envy as she tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"What did you do to them?" Asked Word Girl not truly knowing how to solve the problem.

"Oh I simply made them envious of one another, that's all. Have fun trying to stop it, envy is a powerful feeling."

"So your power is playing with people's emotions?" Asked Word Girl, confused at how Envy's powers worked.

"Something like that but I can only make people envious of one another." With that she ran off in a random direction.

"What are we going to do Captain Huggy Face? I don't know how to make someone stop feeling envious and even if I did I don't possess those kinds of powers."

(What does possess mean again?) Chirped Captain Huggy Face. "Oh, possess means to have as belonging to one or to own or in some cases to have aa demon that has complete control over someone."

(Thank goodness that demons are purely fiction) Chirped Captain Huggy Face. "Haha, yeah. But now onto this. How are we going to get them to stop being envious of one another? They're not under mind control so it's not easily breakable but this is an actual feeling."

"Perhaps I can be of some assistance." Said Violet as she walked into the room. "Violet? What are you doing here?"Asked Word Girl with an eyebrow raised.

"I recently won a contest in my school and the mayor wanted to use my painting as a decoration in his office."

'Oh right' thought Word Girl. 'I forgot all about that contest.'

"District Attorney Botsford, you're not really envious of the mayor, he's just a bit ditzy sometimes."

"Hey!" Said the mayor, clearly offended by what Violet had said.

"But that's a good thing because if he wasn't then there wouldn't be a need for him to have an assistant. And your job is very important to. Most of the villains that commit crimes on the daily wouldn't be in jail if it weren't for you. Now can we forget all this silly fighting and just make up?"

"You're right Violet. Sorry mayor, I don't know what came over me." Said Sally Botsford, as she held out her hand for him to shake.

"I'm sorry too." They shook hands and the mayor accepted Violet's lovely painting and hung it up on his wall.

"How did you do that Violet?" Asked Word Girl.

"Do what?" Asked Violet, confused.

"How did you get them to stop feeling envious towards one another?"

"I just pointed out the positives of their jobs and I guess it made them see what was really important."

"Hm, I'll keep that in mind for next time. Hey that rhymes, er alliterates. Thanks Violet, I've got to go."

"You're welcome Word Girl, I'll see you later."

"Woooord up!" Word Girl changed back into Becky and she quickly went to the store to buy the bread and make it home before lunch time.

(At the Botsford residence)

*ding dong* went the doorbell.

"I'll get it." Said TJ. It was just him and his dad at home since his mom was at work and Becky and Bob had gone out to get bread.

TJ opened the door to see Tobey and his mother at the door.

"Oh hello Mrs. McCallister and Tobey." Said TJ being a good host like his mother taught him. "Come in."

Mr. Botsford joined TJ at the door. "Thank you for letting Tobey stay at your house." Said Mrs. McCallister. "You already have my emergency number. Oh and Tobey I want you to call me every day so I know how my little baby is doing." She said, pinching his cheek.

"Mom, please stop babying me. You're embarassing me." Said Tobey, refusing to make eye contact and blushing.

"Sorry, I just can't believe my little boy has his first real crush since Word Girl."

At that moment Becky walked in with the bread.

"Hello Mrs. McCallister, Tobey." Said Becky as she walked past them and into the kitchen. When she got back she said. "I hope you have a lovely time in Europe even with business going on."

"Why thank you Becky. You're always such a thoughtful young girl. Tobey, you should be more like her."

"We'll see." Tobey muttered but his mom didn't seem to care.

"Goodbye for now. I'll see you in a month. Tobey, behave."

"Yes mother." With that Tobey gave his mom one last goodbye hug and she walked out the door.

"TJ can you show Tobey to your room? You're going to be room mates for the month."

"Yes dad, mom already discussed it with me." Said TJ. "Come on Tobey." TJ led Tobey into his room. When they entered, Tobey was surprised at all of the Word Girl merch he had in his room. TJ had a bunk bed.

"I'm kind of picky when it comes to this but will you be ok sleeping on the bottom bunk?" Asked TJ.

"Um, sure. I'm not really much of a top bunk kind of guy." Said Tobey, not really caring what bunk he was on.

"You're not going to fight me about it?" Asked TJ.

"No? Why would I?" Tobey asked, confused.

"Huh, I guess you really have changed. Oh, I'm going to the park with my dad just ask Becky to give you a tour of the house."

"Ok?" With that Tobey walked out of the room and into the living room, to see Becky reading a book.

"Hey." Said Tobey, not really knowing what to say. Jackie was busy and so were Scoops and Violet so it was just him and Becky today.

"Hey." Becky said back, not lifting her eyes from the book. She was reading Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone.

"You read Harry Potter too?" Asked Tobey.

"Well I've never really read them but I just started. I know the last one came out a while ago but I keep hearing people talk about it so I really wanted to see what all the fiss was about." Said Becky as she bookmarked the page.

"Well TJ, said that you could give me a tour of your home."

"Oh sure." Said Becky, getting up from the couch.

She gave him a quick tour of her home and then after lunch they spent the rest of the afternoon reading from the same Harry Potter book while lying across Becky's bed. Becky had to admit, she missed reading with him but then she remembered he had never done it with Becky Botsford just Word Girl.

"Dinner time!" Yelled Mr, Botsford.

"Already?" Said Becky. "Wow, that was fun actually. We should do this again sometime." Said Becky.

"Yes, we should." Said Tobey suddenly blushing from their close proximity.

TO BE CONTINUED.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for actually taking the time to read this fanfic. If you have an idea on what should happen in the next chapter let me know. Should Tobey and Becky end up together? Or should Tobey end up with Jackie?

I do not own the characters from Word Girl just the character Jackie Winkchester/ Envy. Thank you to anyone who has actually read this, it means a lot that out of all the fanfics you could have read, you chose to read this fanifc. Thank you and enjoy.