Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 6: Busted

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

(Third person P.O.V.)

As Becky and Tobey were walking to dinner Becky couln't help but wonder...*Why do I keep having dreams of Tobey? I don't even like him like that.* Maybe you do like him...deep down. *Shut up narrator.*

"Ah Becky, Tobey, can you help set the table before we begin eating?" Asked Mr. Botsford as he stirred something on the stove.

"Sure dad, come on Tobey you can do the plates."

*just gonna time skip to after dinner because nothing really interesting happens*

"That was good dad." Said Becky as she got up to place her plate in the sink.

"No problem Becky, just remember that you have to do the dishes tonight. Oh Tobey, can you help Becky with the dishes?"

"Yes, Mr. Botsford." Said Tobey, gathering the other dirty dishes.

(I'll be reading my fanfictions on your phone) Chirped Bob.

"Becky, if it's alright with you can I just wash? I'm still not completely sure where you store your dishes."

"Yeah sure." Becky said. Suddenly she realized something, he wasn't quick to whip out his remote and destroy things just to get her, er Word Girl's attention. *Wow, he really has changed* Thought Becky. *Can't say I miss having him do that (destroying things to get Word Girl's attention) every other day* She decided that she was liking this Tobey better. In school, Becky was the smartest one in her grade of course followed by Tobey and then Victoria Best.

*Why am I feeling so weird standing next to her?* Thought Tobey. *Must be teenage hormones or something.* "Damn teenagers." Muttered Tobey.

"Hm? You say something?" Asked Becky, feeling confused at his sudden outburst.

"Nothing." He murmured.

"So, before I came in I heard some of what you guys were talking about." Becky smirked.

"Oh?" Said Tobey, focusing on the plate he was washing.

"Who's your new crush Tobey?" Becky, grinned, knowing that her teasing was getting to him.

"Ummm a girl, who's a friend." Said Tobey, blushing.

"It must be nice to be crushed on." Said Becky, looking off into the distance.

"Why is that?" Asked Tobey.

"Because a boy or whoever it may be, just wants to be with you but most of the time they never tell you because they fear they'll get rejected and you never end up together." Sighed Becky.

"I know how it feels to be the person who has a crush and to be rejected." Said Tobey, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh? You mean when you had that obvious crush on Word Girl?" Asked Becky with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes. Remember? I would always try to randomly destroy something to get her attention and try to get her to spend time with me or go out to ice cream and she never really returned my feelings. So I vowed to never waste my time on a silly school boy crush again."

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you like this girl? I won't tell."

"Well, she's kind and smart and adorable." Said Tobey. Becky blushed. For some reason she wished he was talking about her.

"Anything else?" She asked, hoping to get more answers out of him.

"I barely became friends with her just the other day but she sure is something." Sighed Tobey as he looked off into space but continued to wash what was left of the dishes.

Becky didn't know why but felt just a tiny bit envious because she knew he wasn't talking about her but of someone else. *Is this what it felt like to be Tobey during all those years?* Thought Becky. She shook the thought from her head, thinking that there was no way she could like Tobey.

"Well we're finally done. Do you need help with your homework if you have any?" Asked Becky.

"No thank you but thank you for the offer Becky. I'm off to Jackie's house to finish my homework. See you later. Don't worry, I asked your dad earlier if I could go. I'm also helping her unpack more."

With that, Tobey, got his backpack and walked out the door.

"What just happened?" Asked Becky to herself.

"I'll tell you what just happened, You just earned yourself another dish to wash!" Said TJ as he placed his Word Girl cup into the sink and walking back to his room.

Becky rolled her eyes but washed it anyways, then she went to her room to do her homework like she should have done at the start of the weekend. "Hey, you try being a superhero for once!" Snapped Becky.

Meow! I can say what I want. "Whatever." Murmured Becky as she got to doing her homework.

(At Jackie's house)

"So did you do it like we planned?" Asked Jackie as she opened up a box and set it on her kitchen table. The box was full of plates and bowls and she carefully put them in their rightful cupboards.

"Yes, as far as everyone else knows I have a new crush and it's you."

"How long are we going to keep this up for?" Asked Jackie.

"Just until she comes to her senses and realizes that she likes me back." Said Tobey. "If you're up for it."

"Of course it's just...well...there's something I've got to tell you about me first." Jackie said, scratching her neck, not really knowing how to say this to him.

"What is it?" Asked Tobey.

"Well you see..." Jackie went into a long and detailed explanation about her powers.

"So technically all you do is mess with people's emotions and make them envious of one another?" Asked Tobey after Jackie explained how her powers worked.

"Yes, and it's not technically illegal so how can I go to jail for making people feel a certain way?" Said Jackie.

"Ah. Well thank you for helping me out. If Becky found out about this plan...I, I doubt she would ever want to be my friend still let alone talk to me. I know what we're doing isn't right but I need to know if she feels the way I feel. I hate not being liked back especially after feeling this way for her since forever."

"You know, this wouldn't be the first time I helped someone get their crush to feel envious of them, but it ended kind of badly." Said Jackie.

"If you don't mind me asking, what went down?" Said Tobey, trying to be 'hip'.

Jackie rolled her eyes at Tobey's attempt at trying to be 'hip'. "Well, he ended up falling for me instead and he told his crush what we were up to. He was not happy."

"So he had a crush on another boy?" Asked Tobey. It's not that he was against the LGBT community but he was still getting used to it being all around him. No offense.

"Yeah, I try to help out anyone I can reguardless of sexual orientation." Said Jackie.

"That's so noble of you." Said Tobey.

"Yeah...anyways, what do you know of Becky who is actually Word Girl?"

They shared their theories on how Becky is in fact Word Girl after putting away all of the dishes and silverware in the kitchen. Now they were in the livingroom just moving around the furniture.

"Oh, so after I caught you in the bushes that one time you stopped spying on Becky/ Word Girl?" Asked Tobey.

"Eh, not exactly. I just haven't been doing it as much. Wait, why do you want to know if your crush Becky is Word Girl, who you had a crush on for like forever? It just seems weird how you like Becky who is really Word Girl. Doesn't that just mean that you liked Becky all along if she is Word Girl?" Asked Jackie.

"Well, I've had my theories but I wanted to find out for myself and I doubt she'd tell me if I just asked her. And you might be right on that, I mean, I never stopped liking Word Girl and I like Becky now but if they're the same person then that would mean I wouldn't have to choose."

"Whoa, look at the time. It's starting to get darker. You should probably head back."

"Yeah, I've got to call my mom and let her know I haven't caused any destruction today." Said Tobey.

"See you in school tomorrow, Winchester."

"See you then, McCallister." Tobey got his backpack and walked back to the Botsofrd residence.

Tobey was walking back to the Botsford residence when he saw Chuck the evil sandwich making guy.

"Oh hey Chuck." Said Tobey casually as he waited for the street to be safe to cross.

"Hey Tobey." Said Chuck. "Haven't seen you around much since you went to the good side. Any reason why?"

"Well, still being in school, I really need to focus on my grades and all that robot building wasn't helping me out at all. I need to focus if I want to get into a good college."

"Got any colleges picked out yet?" Asked Chuck.

"Not yet, oh the street is safe to cross. See you later Chuck. If I may ask, where are you going with that condiment spray gun?"

"I'm going to rob the bank."

"Again?"

"Yeah, crime doesn't stop itself you know."

They went their separate ways.

(At Becky's house)

"Well Bob, it's time to go to bed. I don't know why you waste your time reading those silly fanfics. They are so cliche, always talking about shipping and romance. Why can't they be more realistic?"

(Not all fanfics are about romance, Becky. You're just jealous because no one will write Word Girl fanfictions.) Hey! Bob, you should be greatful I even wrote you into this story.

(Fine, sorry I said that. But it's true we're not as popular as my little pony fanfiction or one direction fanfiction or any other fandoms fanfics. It's not fair) Don't worry about it. This is why there are writers like me who care about the cartoons and stuff that people watch. It may not be as popular but I really like the show.

"We're on a show?" Asked Becky. Yeah, but can we stop the fourth wall breaks for now at least for the rest of this chapter, I think someone is in trouble.

"What do you mean?" Asked Becky. Suddenly, she heard someone outside her window. "Help! Chuck the evil sandwich making guy is robboing the bank.

"Ugh! I really should be asleep right now but I guess crime never rests, come on Bob...Woooord Up!" She scooped up Bob and flew out the window.

"Hey Becky, can you..? Oh fudge, she went off to fight crime and dad already said goodnight to me....oh what to do..." TJ turned off Becky's light and jumped under her sheets, pretending to be her sleeping.

Mr. Botsford entered Becky's room. "Goodnight Becky. He didn't wait for a reply so he just shut the door.

"Ooh, this is comfortable for being a girl's bed. I wonder what kind of mattress Becky uses?" Before he had a chance to drift off to sleep he decided to get up and go back to his own room. 1. because Tobey had gotten back a while ago, was in the bathroom taking a shower and would be out soon. and 2. so when Becky got back he wouldn't get in trouble.

Before TJ could get up however, the door opened once again and he felt someone sitting on the bed next to him.

It was Tobey and he stroked TJ's head, probably thinking it was Becky.

Then he walked out of the room and shut the door behind him.

"What just happened?" TJ wondered aloud. He dismissed whatever that was about and walked back into his room, knowing that he was going to have some explaining to do.

(At the bank)

Chuck was just about to spray everyone with his condiment gun when...

"Stop right there Chuck!" Said Word Girl flying in just in time.

"Ah Word Girl here to stop me, again."

"Chuck why do you like to commit these heinous acts?" Said Word Girl, landing on the floor with Huggy on her shoulders.

"I would tell you but I kinda forgot what heinous means." Said Chuck, scratching his head.

"Oh, heinous means utterly odious or wicked."

"Oh ok. Let's see how heinous I am when you get a taste of thousand island dressing!" He sprayed Word Girl and Captain huggy face with it. Before it could hit them, Word Girl threw Captain Huggy face at Chuck and Huggy began to cling onto Chuck's shoulders. As soon as she got sprayed, Word Girl slipped and fell, landing on her arm.

Hm, when did Chuck start using salad dressings in his condiment gun?

"Who said that?" Asked Chuck looking around, thinking that there was someone behind him.

"When did we get a new narrator?" Asked Chuck, feeling really confused." You're in a fanfic Chuck.

"Ooh, ok, I'm guessing it's a Word Gir fanfic?" Yeah, but can you move along with the heinous act? I need to wrap up this chapter soon.

"Oh, ok. Got it."

"Um guys, I think I broke something." Said Word Girl, getting up from the floor. She had indeed broken something. She broke her arm when she slipped and fell on it. Being from Lexicon she was a fast healer but something like an arm would take her at least a night to heal.

"Aww man, I like to sleep on that side, oh well. Time to take you down Chuck." Word Girl flew up to him while he was trying to get Huggy off his back and snatched the condiment gun with her good arm.

"Hey, that's not fair! I was distracted!" Pouted Chuck.

"Thank you Word Girl we'll take it from here." Said a police officer suddenly coming in to take Chuck away in handcuffs.

"I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you Word Girl and your monkey!"

Chuck was dragged away into the back of a police car.

"Well, that was rather unfortunate." She sniffed her costume. "Ugh! I really need to get this suit cleaned it wreaks of thousand island dressing."

(Now that you mention it I could go for a salad right now) Squeaked Bob.

"You can get one tomorrow for lunch." Said Word Girl, annoyed that he was thinking of food right now. She suddenly remembered. "Oh my gosh! Dad hadn't said good night to me yet, I wonder if TJ made sure he didn't notice my absence. Wooord up!" ^Admit it, you read it in her voice, didn't you?^

Quietly going in through the window, Becky flew into her room, noticing that the door was closed.

"Whew, that was close." She turned the light on to put on her pajamas and when she did she was greeted with the site of Tobey sitting on her bed.

"Why hello Becky, or should I say Word Girl?" Asked Tobey, crossing his arms and frowning.

"Ohh boy." Said Becky.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Sorry for leaving you hanging like that. Don't worry, Tobey doesn't want to know whether she's Word Girl or not to like blackmail her or something, he just wants to know if the girl he is crushing on now and the girl he crushed on before are one in the same. At this point in time he's a good friend of Becky's like Violet and Scoops and he feels hurt that he doesn't know this about her. Speaking of Violet and Scoops I really need to include them in more chapters. Thank you for reading this fanfic and I'll see you in the next chapter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own any of the character from Word Girl just the OC Jackie Winchester/ Envy. I really need to catch up on the show because I'm not up to date with any new villains. I got inspired to keep on writing because as a fan of several fandoms I know what it's like to read a really good story, that keeps the characters true to the show, has a good plot, good ships but the author either doesn't update for like forever or they cancel it and it's torture to you because you really really really wanted to see how it would end. Well I'm going to try and actually update as much as possible. I can't thank you guys enough, thank you for reading this fanfic. Please comment.
Sorry for leaving you hanging like that. Don't worry, Tobey doesn't want to know whether she's Word Girl or not to like blackmail her or something, he just wants to know if the girl he is crushing on now and the girl he crushed on before are one in the same. At this point in time he's a good friend of Becky's like Violet and Scoops and he feels hurt that he doesn't know this about her. Speaking of Violet and Scoops I really need to include them in more chapters. Thank you for reading this fanfic and I'll see you in the next chapter.