Save Me

The One and Only (:

Save me.

Dr. Way tries to save Frank, a cancer patient and fell in love with him.

When I first saw him, I didn't know that he's like that. I first saw him in the hospital, he was standing with his feet. There's no evidence in his face that he's sick, that he has this illness, cancer.

I was appointed to be his doctor because his parents were working so he had this private home care. He was very kind, he always like to smile to mask his sadness for being sick. He's short and had this pair of green eyes. He's four years younger than me, which made her twenty-three years of age.

"How do you feel now, Frank?" I asked him.

"Great, Dr. Way."

"Truth?"

"Not that great," he said, looking down. "Do I really have a chance, doctor?"

I nodded. "Don't worry, everything will be fine."

"Fine? I don't think so. Everyday, I can feel that my condition is getting worst! I have no chance... my parents, they don't care about me, they don't care that I'm dying!" he said sadly.

"Frank, just have faith, you will be well..."

"I hope that's true..."

The more I take care of him, the more I want to save his life. Though sometimes, I can see that he has no chance. He was just a typical college student two years ago but then he found out that he has leukemia. He's on the final stage and the chances that he'll be alive was just 25%. It seems that everything vanished for him when he was hospitalized. He wanted to live, live longer. He shared to me his stories... that he had to broke up with his 3 year girlfriend in order for her not to be hurt by the time he dies, he had to give up his studies to concentrate on his therapies, and he had to live inside a hospital, the place where he didn't want to be in. He's crying in front of me, telling me that he felt bad about his parents, how he wanted to live longer. The more I listen to every word he speak, the more I'm falling for him. Yes, I'm her doctor, he's my patient, and he changed me. In what way? I don't know...

"Frank, any problem?" I asked.

"I have only few weeks, right?"

I saw how the tears fell down from his green colored eyes. "Frank..."

"Doctor, you don't need to lie to me... I can feel it. I'm getting weaker and weaker every now and then," he said. "And maybe tomorrow you're not gonna be here because your job is over."

"Frank, I can visit you if you want." I smiled.

"Do my parents know this already?"

"Yeah."

"Oh great... They are still not here, spending the last moment with their son," he said very sadly.

"They'll be here..."

"How many weeks? I mean, how many weeks left?"

"Less than two," I said, looking down. "I tried my best to save you--"

"I know... Maybe it's really like this," he cried. "Will stay here with me, until I die?"

"I will."

After that conversation with him, I went to my house and cried. It's so bad that I can't save him. He had so many ambitions and goals in his life that will not gonna happen. I should have tried my best... the best of my best to save his life. I am his doctor, his doctor who fell in love with him accidentally. I mean, I haven't heard cases in which the doctor fell in love with his patient. But I am, in fact, I wanna be with him.

"Dr. Way, thank you very much for being with me throughout this time."

"Just call me Gerard," I said. "Frank, that's what the doctor's job, to take care of his patient..."

"Even if I'm like this right now, I would like to thank you for taking care of me," he said very weakly. "Can you say to my parents that even if they didn't care about me, I want them to know that I love them very much."

"Frank... of course I would say that to them." I smiled.

"Are you going to miss me?"

"Yeah, I will miss you very much."

"I'm so glad that you became my doctor, my life couldn't have been the same without you. You told me that even the world gets ugly, always have the faith. I always have the faith, but it's just... it's really like this," he said, crying.

"Frank," I said, as I started to cry.

"Gerard, thank you very much for taking care of me, it means a life to me... you saved me." I hugged his thin body that's lying on his bed. "Even though... I want to stay longer, and spend my life with you, I can't but it's okay... at least you stepped in my life just before I die."

I started cry more as he spoke those words. I want to be with him too... but he can't stay any longer. "Frank... I love you."

"I love you too," he said and he closed his eyes. He wasn't breathing anymore... he's gone. I kissed his dead lips and hugged again his body. I gently carressed his face, and cried.

I looked at his tombstone, it's been a year after a Frank Iero died. I just wished I had save his life... but remembering the things, the challenges that he went through when he was still living, it's quite good that he's already on his resting place.

I miss him... and I still love him.


"If you'd say, goodbye today, I'd ask you to be true
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
(: