Before The Story Begins, This Is Such A Lonely Road

Can't Help But Wish That I Were There

So I cooked up this little number in geometry…
[A/N]
[This is my first story I have ever attempted to write about Jimmy Sullivan. It just came to me after a geometry test and I began it on a random piece of scratch paper. It’s just a short story but I digest…]


God I Hate My Life…

What was so special about southern California anyways? All there was here was blonde skinny girls, guys with muscles so big they probably couldn’t even lift their arms to scratch their brainless heads, and the sun. God, the sun. My skin now felt as if it were being overwhelmed by that stupid ball of burning helium out there in space.
I adjusted my backpack on my shoulder and hiked my Physics and Calculus II books higher up on my hip. It was only week in this godforsaken school and I was already feeling a little less than welcome. This stupid city; Huntington Beach. Why, oh why did my parents insist on moving here?

Back in New York, as a sophomore, I’d had plenty of friends, and was first in my class. Teachers loved me, and everything was smooth sailing -plus the best part was I had never developed that funny accent. Then at the end of the summer, my parents decided they were tired of the theatre, subways, and beautiful, snowy winters in the Big Apple.
They decided, then, to pack up our life- my life- right there and move us out to the sunshine state, no questions asked. They so ungraciously asked -forced- me to pick up my life and leave everything I’d built up behind. I had to leave my favorite little city in the whole world, with all its edgy cafes and indescribable culture that couldn’t be replaced by some insignificant Huntington Beach.
I already missed the eternal beat that city seemed to hold and the way the smell of the street was held strong and low above the side walks. I loved the way the inner-city houses were so cute and unique. I missed it all, but now I was forced to live in a place where each house was identical to the one two feet from it. There was no personality, and I hated it. I hated it all; this city, these people. Huntington Beach.

I dodged two bleach-blonde seniors who were sporting toaster-sized three thousand dollar designer purses, and wearing sunglasses that covered half of their gaunt faces. I was somehow tempted to find the good in all this -how could you not with all this sun and bright happy atmosphere, where was all the despondency? The only good thing I guess I could possibly pull out of this was that all I had was two more years, since I was a junior now, but even that in itself was a little pessimistic I suppose. Only two more years until I could leave. Each day at this school -in this city- was like torture. Fitting in was like hell, especially when you had pale skin and dark hair in this tanned city.

I guess I become so deep in thought; I had actually come to a stop. I only realized this when some outsized jock smashed into me, sending my books cascading to the unyielding cement. They landed with a ‘smack’ that was barely audible above the annoying buzz of students, and I merely sighed while staring at the books for a moment not expecting the guy to even blink for me. I lifted my head slightly to see the monstrous teenager plow his way through the crowd with some small, scrawny blonde whore on his arm. I sighed in frustration, as I bent to pick up tattered texts, and mumbled swiftly to myself, “Just two more years.”
As I started walking again, the bell went. Shit, I still had to get all the way across the school! I quickened my previous reluctant, lagging pace to a brisk walk, so it seemed that I was gliding towards the next building. When I began to near the corner of the structure, a large flock of resident clones came flooding towards me, but suddenly, it seemed all my hate for this place had made me become bold; they could watch out for me.
I plunged into the crowd, instantly regretting the decision and felt as if I were drowning, suffocating, in the living mass. Just as I was a few people from the end, I tried to manage to squeeze out, but I was hit by yet another body builder who caused me to bounce off him and spin so I was stumbling backwards out of the crowd.
Just then, when I was clear of the students, I rapidly spun around to be on my way, but I turned right into another student of the male persuasion. I immediately got a face full of black shirt, and this time not only did my books fall to the brutal, cold ground that they seemed to be gaining a casual relationship with, I went with them.

I began frantically scrambling to collect my books, not expecting this high and mighty guy to take heed to my small form either. As I shot my hand out to scoop up my Physics book, I was met by a stunning face.
His eyes were a beautiful, piercing blue that matched the exact shade of the sky and the seemed to shimmer as I got lost in them. He had the kind of eyes that made you feel as if the two of you were the only ones left in this world; such a marvelous feeling. His face was pale--and a perfect--rounded shape; his jaw line was smooth, flawless, one perfect flowing line. Even his nose blew me away; it swooped up from his upper lip in the most amazing way. I suddenly found myself looking back to his eyes; hungry for even another glance into those enigmatic orbs of blue.
After skimming over his staggering blue eyes again with my own dull green set, I looked automatically to his lips; I instantly noted this boy had the perfect lips to kiss, for his top lip was thin and just barely visible at the angle he was holding his head to look back up at me--one of his eyebrows arched up slightly. His bottom lip though--Oh God, his bottom lip--was full and round; that almost just about gave him that pouty look, but not quite.
Just below his bottom lip, right in the center was a piercing, just a single stud. To the eye it seemed to be held in place by his full bottom lip and his chin. I looked back up to his eyes once more, feeling my face flush. It seemed as if he hadn’t blinked, nonetheless moved from his stooping position he had previously assumed to retrieve my book.
I let my head follow my eyes back to my hand as I looked at it, resting there on top of this mysterious boy’s long fingers. I slowly looked up to his boyish face again from under my lashes, and abruptly became nervous. One side of his mouth pulled up in a crooked smile and he slowly slid his cool hand -along with the book- out from under mine.
He swiftly stood with my book, and without wavering, I stood with him, letting my eyes dissect his tall frame. I couldn’t find anything wrong with him, not one single flaw from the broad expanse of his chest and shoulders that were currently covered in a Misfits “Teenagers From Mars” shirt, to his long legs and arms. I noticed -and rather enjoyed- the perfect curve of his bicep and how it melted away into the crook of his arm. He seemed to be perfect, flawless- impeccable even- and just when I thought he couldn’t get any more perfect he spoke.
“I’m really sorry about that,” he said, extending my book to me. He spoke with the slightest lisp when he spoke, that, oddly enough, made me smile. He had the perfect voice that somehow made his appearance, matched it perfectly.
“It’s okay,” I said taking the book from him. “Thank you by the way for helping,” I said in a quiet, nervous voice while also smiling widely up at him. He grinned toothily back down at me before speaking.
“It’s no problem,” he replied laughing one of those airy laughs that cause his nose to crinkle up and his upper row of teeth which were slightly off center, but only in the most adorable way of course.
I felt my cheeks go red as I watched him intently like a child in a candy shop window not wanting to ever look away from the candy that seemed to make my mouth water at first sight. I did have to admit though that I felt a little odd at being so fascinated with a complete stranger. The bell rang again, signaling I was late for English.
“Well, I…guess I should go,” I said not truly wanting to leave - the thought made me strangely anxious.
“Yeah,” he paused, frowning slightly, “I guess so.”
“Bye,” I said turning slowly away from him in the direction of my next class, but still keeping my head turned towards him as I walked away, still lingering.
“Maybe I’ll see you around,” he said tilting his head slightly to the side, causing his adorably untidy hair to fall into his face. He slid his hands in his pockets and I turned my body to fully face him now.
“Yeah,” I grinned, “maybe.” I hugged my books close to me and thought a moment. “What was your name by the way?” I called to him just as he made the motion of turning on his heel to head away.
“Jimmy.”
“Thanks, Jimmy,” I smiled.

Maybe Huntington Beach wasn’t so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
[So, I cooked up this little nummber in Geometry...
This is my first story I have ever attempted to write about Jimmy Sullivan. It just came to me after a geometry test and I began it on a random piece of scratch paper. It’s just a short story but I digest…

So, that’s it. Thanks for reading and I hope it was okay, any suggestions at all will help I don’t care because I wasn’t it to be perfect! I also have this idea for making the story full-length but am still contemplating putting it on here I don’t know. What do you think?]

--jimmydrummerboy.