Status: Updating quickly... I hope!

Right Place, Right Time

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones

Everyone has those moments where you just need to be reckless... you need to stop thinking and just do it.

I've never had those moments... I am a wimp who never liked to take a risk until the end of the summer in the year 2013 and I even remember the minute I knew I needed to do it.

I was coming home to my apartment. An apartment I had shared with my best friend, Rebecca Cook. We had been best friends since start of high school, and when we turned 18, almost three years ago, we decided we wanted to move out together. So we did. She isn't very important to the story so I bother telling you all about her.

I was coming home from my crappy job at the local mall here in Halifax, Nova Scotia and I saw my boyfriend's car in our parking spot. Neither Rebecca, nor myself owned a car and my boyfriend Mike stayed at our place enough that he took claim of the spot and gave us some cash each month for it. We were never allowed to drive the car though... it was one of those cars that looked great but sounded like utter shit.

So there I was, innocent me, tired from dealing with stupid people for 8 hours, it was hot for September, but the month had just started and I wasn't ready for summer to end. My family had pushed me into going to College this year when I really had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was supposed to start tomorrow, my phone even reminded me,
'September 05, College Orientation' and I don't think words could even tell you how much I didn't want to go...

Sorry, I'm rambling I do that when I'm stuck in my head sometimes... back to the moment. So I'm coming home, already hating the human race and I saw my boyfriend's car parked and I couldn't help but smile... Mike and I had been dating for about a year and he always knew how to cheer me up.

The door opens silently, like it always does and I could hear Katy Perry's Roar blaring from Rebecca's bedroom, I went to kick off my shoes and saw clothes all over the apartment. You'd think my brain would just know the signs.

I saw a pair of Mike's jeans at the opening to the hallway and I felt a fire ignite in my chest. I picked up the pants ready to throw them. Car keys jingled when I flung them up, out of the corner of my eye I saw my Polaroid camera sitting on our mantle.

Like a switch I was on autopilot, I tucked the pants under my arm and grabbed the camera. I quietly opened the door enough to poke my head in, despite the loud blaring music I saw them going at it, mostly with the sheet but it's not like you needed much imagination. I quickly snapped two shots of them and quietly closed the door.

I backed up against the wall and felt the keys jingle in my hand again. I looked down at them and smiled to myself. The two snapshots were simply perfect, one was his face in her neck and her mouth wide. That one I stuck to the wall directly outside her door and with a sharpie I wrote 'Bye!'

The second one I stuck in my back pocket and I quickly went to my room. I felt like a hurricane as I packed some clothes, all stuff I wore on a regular basis and didn't need to be washed. My purse had all the essentials, for once Rebecca using all my stuff came in handy because all my toiletries sat on my desk in a shower pack, I threw that into the duffel, grabbed my laptop and camera and I was out.
When I got to the front door I heard the music stop and I could hear them laughing. They sounded comfortable... maybe they were more meant for each other but I was tired of people lying to me, people pushing me into everything.

With my hand on the door I rushed out the door, slamming it as loud as I could and I started for the stairs. We only lived on the second floor and there was a door out the stairwell that led right to the parking lot.
As I ran outside I heard another door slam and the echo of feet. I made it into Mikes car and revved the engine as he stumbled out the door, this Bambi look on his face and her purple sheet wrapped around his waist.

Mike really just had two rules: tell me where you're gonna be (for safety reasons) and no one but him drives his car.

“MACK! Baby!” He yelled. He got to the headlights of the car and I revved the engine again, eyebrows raised. “Mack!” He tried to move and the engine revved and the car jolted forward. “You stupid bi... GET OUT OF MY CAR!” His nice guy manner was gone... he probably saw the look on my face, and for once he wouldn't call me baby or beautiful... just bitch.

I rolled down the window and the look of relief flooded his features. He walked around the nose and towards the door. I leaned out the window and smiled.
“Baby look it's not-” I held up my hand and waved him forward and paused.

“I'm not-” I paused when I saw Rebecca's head pop out the door and her hand shielding her eyes. “Wow she ran after you...” I let my arm hang out the window and sighed.

“I'm not your baby Mike.” Just as fast as I let those words out I gripped the wheel, my left hand grabbed the sheet and my foot hit the gas pedal.

The sheet billowed in the wind for only a few seconds before I tossed it into the passenger seat and grabbed the wheel.

Fuck college; well I can defer until the winter.
Fuck boyfriends; well Michael Thomas.
I'm just gonna drive, have an adventure until I had to come back and face my life. That was was better then just changing my hair or getting another tattoo.

I dug the second polarid out of my pocket and stuck it to the dash as a reminder to fuel my anger. For once I wasn't just pussing out and going back.

I gripped the knob and turned it up so high I couldn't hear the wind and screamed to Radioactive by Imagine Dragons as loud as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
This would be the first thing I've written/posted on here in a looooong time.
There isn't a ton of Josh fics on here or non Joshler so I thought I would take a stab at it.

Let me know how it goooesss
Kat