Status: Updating quickly... I hope!

Right Place, Right Time

Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight

My plan to just drive? It was a good one, sure... it was good for about 15 hours. Remember how the car I technically stole, looked nice but sounded like crap? Well I decided a cool place to adventure to would be to drive around the states since I've seen all of Canada. The car made it down to Connecticut before it died on a dirt road in some town that from what I had seen had a lot of people in sweater vests.

I knew Mike wouldn't call the cops on me because even though I had taken the car, he probably thought I had gone a trip and would be back, unfortunately for him I was in another country and I wasn't super sure about calling a tow truck, but I didn't really know what else to do. The car had power, I had the sex sheet in case I needed to cover up for warmth, I just couldn't get the engine to turn over.
It was barely noon and the weather was nice so I just sat on top of the hood and started to read as music played off my phone. The phone itself had been put on 'Do Not Disturb ', it had been blowing up being Mike calling and leaving voice mails, Rebecca calling to cry and tell me it was a mistake, my Mom bugging me about how Orientation had gone and as of lately my boss calling me because I hadn't shown up for work.... I just needed no communication.

The time difference hadn't bugged me at all, one hour after all was nothing. I was sitting on the car for a little while, maybe a few hours. My stomach started to growl around 3PM and I looked at my phone, debating the tow truck just to get back to civilization. I wasn't a huge fan of hitch hiking because I lived to watched True Crime and I wasn't about to wind up as someone's handbag just to get to a McDicks.

Like I had wished on a star, I heard a loud engine road not to far ahead followed by a good sized van tumbling down the road, knocking up a lot of dirt. The van started to slow down and I slid off the hook of the car.
“Uhm... hi there miss.” The guy was bald, had big sunglasses covering his eyes and a solid beard. He looked a little older but of no danger alarms went off in my brain.

“Hi there sir, I uhm, seem to be having some car trouble and I'm not really sure where I am...” I trailed off and looked around.

His eyebrow arched at me and he looked past me,
“You don't have a phone to call someone?” I had it tucked in my back pocket,

“Not really? I'm on a road trip from-”

“Alone?” I heard new voices join the driver and two heads popped forward and my eyes widened at them. They were both fairy young, very cute...

“Yeah alone, I'm down from Canada.” All three faces went from curious to like.... relieved.

“Oh...” They all chorused. I scrunched my face.

“Well hop on in, we'll take you somewhere that can tow your car.” My face broke into a grin and I ran to the passenger door and grabbed my bag. When I made it to the passenger door, I paused.

“You guys are awfully trusting... what if I'm some psycho killer?” I left my hand on the handle and they all laughed.

“Just get in Canadian.” The driver leaned over and pushed the door open. I heard some heavy music playing in the background, almost sounded like Metallica. I saw a bunch of gear stuffed into the back. The two guys from before were sitting beside each other, one had a very short mohawk, dark hair and there super chocolate brown eyes. His nose was pierced like mine and he gave me a smile. The guy beside him had short fuzzy dark hair and hazel eyes too, no piercings just this bright smile on his face.

No one said anything, they just starred at me,
“ARE WE GONNA MOVE?!” I jumped in seat and behind the two boys I saw a guy with big headphones on, a mop of black hair and big blue eyes.

“ADAM! HEADPHONES!” the guy without a mohawk, leaned over the seat and yelled at the guy. His head looked up from whatever was in his lap. He looked up surprised and the jumped when he saw me.

“Who's that?” He pulled off his headphones and pointed at me.

“Yeah who are you?” The one with the mohawk leaned forward.

“A Canadian apparently.” Both guys leaned forward, resting their heads on the seat and I pushed my back into the door.

“Maybe you guys are the psychos...” I whispered.

“Nope! I'm Tyler, That's Ted.” the non-mohawk guy pointed at himself then the driver. His hand waved beside him, “Josh and that's Adam. He forgets how noise-canceling his headphones are.” I nodded slowly as I tried to follow his finger like a bouncing red ball.

“You can call me Mack.” I gave them a tight lipped smile.

“Maaaaack... like Mackenzie? Is that the full name?” Tyler asked. He pushed Josh back into the seat so he could lean closer. I kept my cool, looked forward and smirked,

“Wouldn't you like to know.” Ted started the engine,

“Okay Canadian, closest garage, put your cash away.” Ted waved his hand at me as I pulled money out. I looked back at the car for a few seconds as we drove away,

“Actually, I'm starving... could you drop me off anywhere I can grab some food? I'm not too worried about the car.” I looked back down into my lap and no one said anything.

“Sure... we were all hungry too and we have some time.” Ted nodded and pulled up to the highway.

“Some time? Where are you guys all heading?” I tucked pieces of my blue black hair behind my ears and tried to twist to look at the two boys. I noticed the one Tyler pointed out as Josh has still starring at me and I tried to focus on Tyler, he seemed to be the talker.

“Weeee are a duo called twenty one pilots!” He paused, starring at my face and my eyebrows rose,

“Shouuuuld I know about you guys?” I heard Ted snort beside me which made me laugh, “No, seriously come on, I work stupid hours in a store that place whiny like post hardcore music which I used to like until I listened to it for 8, 10, sometimes 12 hours a day!” I slapped my hands on my thighs.

“Well we're touring with Fall Out Boy and Panic-”

“Oh there we go!” Josh pointed at my face after cutting off Tyler. I guess my surprise/excitement was clear on my face. Fall Out Boy had been one of my favorite bands since I was a kid and this was their reunion tour... plus Panic, the only Panic was Panic! At the Disco which again, band from teenagehood.

“I'm cool, I swear but if you guys are touring with them... you must be like stupidly talented.” They shared this look and Josh let out this small laugh.

“Kind of we can be...” Tyler trailed off as we drove up to the big beautiful golden 'M'

“Mcdicks...” the three of us all said it together and just looked at each other.

“Oh god, she's one of you even from Canada.” The one from the back, Adam got out first, I wound up trailing behind Josh.

We got in line and my stomach let out this loud weird sound. Everyone turned back to look at me and I felt my cheeks flush,
“I’m really hungry okay?” Everyone but Josh turned back and grinned, “I’m really craving like beef and bacon… just meat.” I said to him.

“I so know what you mean, some days you just need a cow!” He mimed chomping into
something and I couldn’t help but laugh.

I began to chew on my thumb while we waited in the big line. I pulled out my wallet and Josh waved at me,
“Put it away, a lady shouldn’t pay! It’s part of the rescue.” His smile was sincere but I
furrowed my face,

“And who exactly said I needed a rescue?” I wasn’t mad or anything and he could tell, we had this mocking air about us that was almost a challenge… guess the Canadian.

“Weeellll, you were stranded, that’s an obvious one. You have a duffle and claim to be traveling alone on this road trip. Oh! You also left a car out for whoever to nab up.” He had this prideful grin and I sucked on my cheek, nodding a little. “Order up Canadian.” He paused before calling me ‘Canadian’ and gestured me forward.

We didn’t bother sitting inside with all the noises and kids. Tyler and Josh seemed a little rushed, I didn’t really have any plans so I held my burger close, bag on my shoulder and I pretended to be on my phone and started to wonder.
“Hey Canadian, what’s your plan?” I looked up, mouth full of burger, and saw Ted. His sunglasses we resting on his head, hands on hips.

“Plan?” I grumbled back. When he looked a little grossed out I smiled with my cheeks
puffy with food and swallowed quickly. “Plan… uhm well, I figured I could try and go rent a car or something, I don’t really have…a, uhm plan.” I looked around.

Ted stuck his hand in his jean pockets and sighed,
“Well… we need a merch person tonight. I forgot I promised Adam he could work their board tonight while they’re open. If you want to make some cash, you can hand it all out for the band.” He jabbed his thumb back to the three boys who were currently in a french fry war.

“Yeah totally… that sounds great thanks man.” I took a small bite and nodded. The extra cash could be nice to getting a bus ticket somewhere else, I wouldn’t need a car to continue this trip.

“But I’m warning you Canadian,” This finger was pointed straight at me and he was standing a few steps closer. “I know every lick of that merchandise from the biggest hoodie to the stickers. Anything no accounted for and you’ll not only pay for it, I’m kicking you to the curb.” He started to walk back to the boys and it hit me, I couldn’t even stop the question from flying out of my lips,

“Wait is this like a trial?” He turned back at me, “Like if I do well I can keep coming around on tour?” I saw him smirk a little and he dropped his glasses,

“Come on youngings, back in the van. You too Canadian!” He called back. I started to jog a little to catch up.

“And you Americans say that Canadians are too trusting!” I quickly plopped myself down into the front seat, “We have some pretty brutal serial killers too you know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So they've allllll met.
Seems the Canadian is a little is slightly sassy.
I would love to hear what you would like to see, any ideas for the characters :)

Kat