Status: This will probably continue to be in progress for a while as things continue to happen :)

Letters You'll Never Read

The third letter (when everything changed)

When I walked into that restaurant the other night, I had no idea how this weekend was gonna go. All I knew was how I excited I was to see you after years and years. You got up so quickly when you saw me walk in and hugged me right and I melted instantly. We sat and talked for a while which I loved.
It was a Chinese restaurant so after the bill was paid, we got fortune cookies. I almost always read mine aloud but this time I didn’t. I opened mine and read, “A new romance is in the future.” I tried not to think much of it.
To me, this weekend just gonna be drinks and fun.
Then Friday happened.
I got out of work, went to lunch with a friend, then sat in traffic for two hours to go see my dad, your dad, and you. I made quite the entrance by whipping into the driveway and sprinting in the house yelling about how bad I needed to pee. Anyways. My plan was to drive back to the city that night with you and my friends but my dad talked me out of it and said I should just stay down with you guys. I figured it’d be more fun and less stressful to do that so I did. We played cornhole and got dinner and obviously started drinking.
After dinner, I said I wanted to go to the pond because that was one of my favorite things about the house and always made sure to go there before I left. You came with me and we sat on a dock and started talking. Not gonna lie I love how natural it felt and how easily we confessed things to each other. The sun then set and we had plans to go see the fireworks so we walked back up to the house. I made some drinks for us to have at the beach and we were on our way.
We got settled in the back of my dads truck, us two sitting on the door, your dad in the bed of the truck, and my dad sitting in the sand. As it got darker, I could tell you were slowly getting closer. After the fireworks my dad said he wanted to wait for everyone else to leave so we didn’t get stuck in traffic so we walked to the water. The water was cold so we were there for about two seconds then walked back. When we got back up, your dad wanted a picture with my dad because of how close they are. After you took it, you asked them to take a picture of me and you and that threw me off and then your arm was around my waist and my head was spinning.
If I were to post that picture you could tell how excited I was by the smile.
Anyways. So we decided to leave and we all got in the truck. Me and you made some small talk and somehow you put your arm around me and I still haven’t figured out how I stayed all calm. We got to the house and I was feeling a little tipsy and I could tell you were too but it was okay. We sat on the deck for a little bit and when my sister showed up in a bad mood, I said I wanted to go back to the pond. And you came with me again.
We walked down and went back to the dock and started talking. Then you started kissing me. Then things just kinda blur together. When we needed to come up for air, you brought up how you knew I had a crush on you because your brother told you. I said yup and you said your brother called you an idiot for not seeing that. Then you said you wanted to kiss me for a while. We kissed again and I remember at one point I said that younger me and current me were freaking out because you were laying on top of me shirtless and kissing me.
What I didn’t say and I’m glad I didn’t was how much it broke me when I texted you a few years ago telling you I liked you and you answered that it was sweet to say that but you saw me as family. You hinted at it but I think I kissed you to make you shut up.
Anyways. You were about to try to take it another step further but I knew it wasn’t the best idea. I made a “buy me dinner first” joke and said that it wasn’t right to have sex on a dirty ass dock (and that it was wicked cold out) so we put our clothes back on and walked slowly up to the house. I asked if you wanted to stay on the couch with me and you said yes.
I honestly thought I was dreaming that entire night. We got back up there and my sister was in the kitchen washing her make up brushes or something and I saw the clock and realized we had been gone for about two hours and I was pretty impressed by that. You changed into shorts and we waited somewhat patiently for my sister to go to bed and when she did, you were right on top of me again. Then my bitch of a sister came out a few minutes later and gave us shit for being loud (which we weren’t) so we decided to just go to sleep.
I woke up about an hour later when you were about to put my hands in my pants (sidenote: I totally wanted that to happen but we were on a couch with our dads just down the hall and my sister so it just couldn’t happen) but we just started kissing again. You told me how good of a kisser I was and I returned the compliment. At one point you kissed my head and I felt butterflies but at the same time, it felt like you had been doing it for years. We kept kissing and I said I didn’t want to stop kissing you because I like it too much and you said I should’ve called out of work and trust me, I wish I did. I left a little later and kissed you goodbye which again, felt natural.
The next day I took a nap on the couch because I only got an hour of sleep because of you. I half woke up when I heard your voice telling me to wake up. I figured I was dreaming so I wanted to stay asleep but then I heard my dad talk and knew it was real. I got up and sat and talked with everyone for a bit until I had to run some errands.
When I saw you walk into the fundraiser I was at, I tried to pretend like I didn’t see you. I was just curious how you were going to be.
The whole time I was super nervous that you were gonna pull the “I was pretty drunk I don’t remember anything” card and I started preparing myself for it but then you made jokes about why I was so tired and I knew you weren’t going to do that.
Anyways, we ended up talking right away and you became friends with my friend that was there and we laughed and joked. Then we went to my friends house real quick then the liquor store and then my house and you guys pregamed a little before we went to my best friends house. Once we were there, it took me some time to feel out how you were. I started drinking which loosened me up which was both good and bad I think. We played some drinking games and I was having fun but still loved all the little faces you made at me. We played sting pong and when it was your turn to play you had me hold your beer which for some reason made me smile. After your turn you came back and sat next to me and put your hand on my thigh and I joked that you shouldn’t do that because I don’t know where your hands have been and you smirked and said kinda quietly “I think you know exactly where they’ve been” and I instantly melted again. I tried to play it off but I doubt I did as well as I thought I did.
Little bit later, I said I was hot and you said you were too and I said well we know that and then said I wanted to go outside and you said you wanted to come. We went out and started talking and then I like stumbled a little and you caught me and put your arm around my waist and kissed me again. I was so happy when you did that.
We ended up on the ground and made out for a little bit. My stupid guy friend opened the door and made some joke which ruined it a little but I shook it off and I think you did too. I kissed you a couple more times because honestly every time we kissed I was afraid it would be the last one so I wanted to take as much as I could get. We went back inside and then decided we would go swimming. So we walked over to my car to grab our stuff and changed right there and I asked you to tie my bathing suit top because I knew I wasn’t in any shape to do that. You did and I grabbed my towel and walked over to the pool. You dove right in and I put my feet in and felt how cold it was and said thanks but no thanks. Everyone else jumped in and you got out and said you were gonna push me in but I had me towel on so I said don’t and you didn’t.
(Kinda wish you did though because I wouldn’t have minded if you picked me up like the night before…)
But anyways I sat there for a few more minutes and got some balls and had you swim to me and got on your back and basically had you drag me into the water. It was crazy. Then I looked up and saw that my two friends were leaving so I said we should get out too. You swam ahead of me and got out and then I got out and you wrapped my towel around me and hugged me. I remember kissing you a little then kissing your neck and saying you tasted like pool which I regret saying honestly.
We walked back to my friends house and changed and one of my friends had already passed out on the biggest couch. My best friend grabbed an air mattress and said we could use that. You blew it up and we laid there for a few minutes until we started kissing. We kissed until we heard my friend talk in his sleep which scared both of us. You said you weren’t comfy on the mattress so I suggested going to the other room onto the pull out couch. At the moment I was thinking so we could have sex but then I realized that would be a bad idea. Anyways we made out for a little longer and then we both got tired. You had your arms around me and I started running my fingers over your tattoos. You asked what I was doing and I said nothing and you said I was examining you and laughed a little and I can’t remember what I said back. I then said goodnight to you and you kissed me goodnight.
I woke up the next morning to your arm across my stomach and our legs a little intertwined and again, figured I was dreaming. I fell back asleep and felt you get up a little later. I tried to fall back asleep but then realized I needed to drive you and my friend home so I got up and started cleaning. You just stayed on the couch and we never really talked about the night before. Or the night before that either. We went to Dunks and just chilled at my house before you dad came and picked you up. You gave me a big hug before you left though.

So the whole point of this was most importantly to say thank you for a great weekend, if you actually remember it. And I’m gonna pull the ignorance is bliss card and say you do remember and you enjoyed it. I waited for this weekend since I was like 14 years old. I just hope it somehow becomes more than this weekend.
https://youtu.be/8Pli_HXTjaE
How do things change so quickly in three days?