Status: This will probably continue to be in progress for a while as things continue to happen :)

Letters You'll Never Read

Thoughts from the Pond

I sat there watching the sunset right in front of where it happened.
I just kept replaying in my mind, over and over again. All I could do was wish I was back at that night. Took another sip of my beer, took a deep breath. A line from a Fall Out Boy song popped into my head. “I’m just hopelessly hopeful that your hopeful enough.”
Pacing back-and-forth, I started watching the calm water. I took in the sunset and thought how quickly things change in two weeks. Millions of questions ran through my mind. Do you even like me? Will we ever get another chance? Is it only because you were drinking? What’s going to happen next? Where we go from here?
I saw a little minnows swimming to the surface making tiny little ripples. I heard your voice talking about how you saw fish swimming up even though it was pitch black and we couldn’t see a thing. Again, all I wanted was to be back at that night, in that moment when it was just me and you and no one else mattered. Our friends didn’t matter, our parents didn’t matter, our siblings didn’t matter. Nothing mattered except for me and except for you.
I had hoped and dreamed and prayed for that night for years and years and finally I got it. I never thought that I would have to wait that long because I never thought it would actually happen.
While still pacing back-and-forth, all I can think of is how cliché I was and how this is something straight out of a movie. I had flashbacks of A Walk to Remember when Landon talks about how Jamie’s love is like the wind. He can always see it but he can feel it. I felt like I was in that scene.
I looked back over at the sunset which was exploding into a rainbow of colors. As always is one of most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.
But again the negative thoughts came back like you’re probably not even thinking about me and you’re probably not analyzing everything that happened like I am. Trying really hard not to get my hopes up but who knows what will happen at this point. I decided to leave everything up to chance and to leave everything up to fate. Because in this situation that is all you can do.
I’d give anything to be watching the sunset with you but I know that right now that can happen. But I know that if I keep the same faith that I’ve had for the past five or six years that someday this will happen again. And that faith is all that’s keeping me going at this point. I know it’s a little dramatic to say but it’s all I’m holding onto at this point.
I trekked back up to my house and just imagined you walking with me but we were walking in silence. I would give anything to go back to that night and have it happen every single night for the rest of my life.