Imprisoned on Mars

opposites collide

Now that my parents were gone on Saturn, I thought things would be easy. I though being home all by myself would be fun, but it wasn’t. I was so bored to the point where I was hanging upside down off the couch. The blood was rushing to my head but I didn’t care.

My Tablet made a little ding noise signaling a message from skype. I finally sat up and went to grab it. It was a message from my best friend asking if I wanted to do something. Of course I wanted to do something. Anything to get me out of this house.

“So what should we do tonight?” She asked.

“I guess we could have a sleepover or something.” I said.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance but agreed to it anyways. Shelby and I had our differences. She loved to party while I would prefer to stay at home and watch movies. She had a boyfriend while I had no one. In the end we were two complete opposites. I had no idea how this friendship managed to even work out.

----

“So, I think we need to get you a girlfriend.”

“What makes you think I need a girlfriend?”

“You staying at home playing Xbox says otherwise.”

“But I’m perfectly content being this way.”

“Well too bad. I know a friend that has the perfect girl for you.”

Brad sighed in frustration but agreed to go on this date anyways. Maybe his friend was right. Maybe he could use some time away from the house. If only he had an idea that this date would go wrong then maybe he would’ve stayed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a bit of a filler chapter. Things do get interesting after this. I'm thinking a bit of a fast forward.