In Dark Places

"Left In The Past"

Ren made big steps towards the hologram room with his slender legs. He was headed to update Supreme Leader Snoke on their current progress, achievement, if you want. He put his mask back on. He still couldn’t realize how he had the luck out of everyone to have on board someone that is half a creation of Vader himself, a piece of the past, a child of the Empire. He had always thought those were rumors, that it was impossible or too good to be true – that someone who had an impact with the Death Star was still alive. Yet there he was, he had a strong weapon made by his grandfather himself, a weapon in the face of the girl. He was strongly convinced that when their powers unite, that would make the First Order unstoppable.

“Supreme Leader Snoke…” The Knight entered the room and knelt down in front of the hologram respectively. “I’ve got…interesting news for you, Supreme Leader.” Ren rose back to his feet.

“Do tell.”

“We’ve had Lord Vader’s adopted daughter on board for about 2 years and we had no idea.”

“How is that possible?” Snoke clenched his teeth.

“She had been hiding under the mask of a stormtrooper.”

“That’s an interesting turn of events. Everybody thought she had died along with the Death Star.”

“You knew about her?”

“Yes, some of her students ended up as prisoners and when interrogated, they pointed some Lord Edenia as their master, but we knew who that was, they thought she had died. They clearly underestimated her power.”

“She knows the Empire up close, she’ll be of great help.”

“Yes, train her to obey your orders. With such power in her hands she’s probably very wayward.”

“Yes, Supreme Leader.” Ren bowed down and the hologram dissolved into the darkness. He walked out and head back to his prisoner’s room.
When Ren walked in, (Y/N)’s eyes were closed, she was meditating as much as her current position allowed. She slowly opened them when she felt his presence in the room.

“Do you have a lightsaber?” His mechanical voice ruined the silence.

“I don’t have just any lightsaber; I have Lord Vader’s lightsaber.” (Y/N) smirked.

“That’s impossible.”

“And so was my existence only minutes ago. Believe me, master Ren. If we’re going to work together the trust must be a two-way road.”

“Indeed it must.” Ren thought over her words for a second, then he considered she has been tied up for long enough already. “I believe you’d rather take off the stormtrooper armor, which can’t really happen when your hands and legs are tied.” With that being said, Ren removed the restraints and (Y/N) stretched out.

“Now that’s a good feeling. So…what’s the plan?” She crossed her arms.

“I’ll show you your room, so you can take off that armor. You have the rest of the day off. You need to sleep, I’m sure you’re tired.” Ren explained as they walked out and (Y/N) followed him to their destination down the long corridor.

“I appreciate your concern. It was quite an adventure.”

“Indeed it was. It’s going to get even more interesting, I assure you.” They stopped in front of a double metal door; Ren opened it and crossed his arms behind his back. (Y/N) stood still for a second, but then she realized she had to enter.

“Now that’s a big window. And a beautiful view.” The girl ran to the enormous window and gazed at the beauty of the wide open space discovering in front of her eyes.

“Do you like it?” He approached her from behind and she turned around to face him.

“Yes, thank you, sir.”

“Have a good rest.” The tall man said emotionlessly, walked out of the room and the door closed behind him. The redhead smiled mischievously to herself at her success. She looked at the stormtrooper helmet and her face darkened. She started taking off the armor pieces slowly. She had been hiding behind that mask for so long and the time had finally come to leave it behind. It was almost unnatural not to be wearing that mask. This saddened her, this was all she had just a few hours ago – this was her world and personality.
(Y/N) took the armor and headed to Captain Phasma’s division.

“Hello, Captain Phasma.” The redhead started with a sad tone.

“May I help you?” The captain didn’t seem to recognize the girl so (Y/N) gave her the armor and Phasma looked at the chest piece where the number was written on the inside.

“I’m here to return the armor, captain.”

“DA-0666?” Phasma asked confused as she lift her eyes from the chest piece. (Y/N) nodded in confirmation. “The lists show and I remember you to be a 25 year old man. And you don’t look like a 25 year old man to me.”

“I killed him two years ago on Tatooine and took his place.” She admitted with both a sad and ashamed look written on her face.

“That says a lot. It’s magnificent how you remained unsuspected for such a long time. Yet you turned out to be one of my best soldiers.”

“I’m going to miss being a part of the team, captain.”

“And I’m glad you used to be a part of it. What is your purpose now? Are you becoming a Knight of Ren as promised?”

“Yes, but first I have to win the master’s trust and prove my loyalty after my whole play.”

“Don’t disappoint the master. It might cost you dearly.”

“Yes, captain. Have a good day.” (Y/N) saluted Phasma one last time with a sad smile on her face and walked away, heading for her room. The girl was dead tired. It was all a little too much for one day. She took off her clothes and pulled the covers over her body, falling asleep in a little over a minute.
There was somebody who still couldn’t sleep. Ren was tortured by unanswered questions and curiosity. Did she really have Vader’s lightsaber? That, he decided to find out by himself. He figured she must be already sleeping, so getting in her room and just giving an eye to the lightsaber wouldn’t be a problem. He clenched his fists and headed for (Y/N)’s room. He opened the door and prayed that she was sound asleep enough to not be awakened by the noise of the opening door. He silently approached her bed. She was deep asleep and she looked harmless, unlike when she was awake – then she looked like the Dark Side of the Force in flesh and blood. The object of his…desire…caught his eye, shining from the weak space light coming from the window. The lightsaber was left on the night stand and he carefully stretched out his hand to take it. (Y/N) awakened, triggered by feeling the movement nearby. Her eyes sharply opened, she stretched out her hand, took the sword with the Force and turned it on, pointing it close to the intruder’s neck.

“Is that what you’re looking for?” She hissed through her clenched teeth, pointing to the lightsaber with her chin.

“Was it that obvious?” Ren kept his stone cold expression and confidence even with a lightsaber an inch away from his neck.

“That particular move, yes. I guess it’s a tie now. You had me with a lightsaber to my neck – I have you with a lightsaber to your neck. That’s not a way to win someone’s trust, master Ren. Here,” - she turned off the lightsaber and threw it for him to catch – “take a look.” Ren caught the lightsaber and looked at it closely, studying every detail with his eyes. (Y/N) covered her almost naked body with the covers.

“It is indeed Vader’s lightsaber.” He gave it back to the girl and looked her dead in the eyes.

“Now, if you have what you came for…” She tilted her head to the door, meaning it’s time for him to leave and looked in his eyes. He still had the same angry flame in his eyes. He was pissed that he had gotten caught. He eyed her from head to toe and after shooting another killer glance at her eyes, he turned around and left the room.