Status: One Shot

A Wonderful Miracle

But baby can you handle having a baby?

"Care?!" I shouted into the empty house. "Caroline?!!"

Her car is in the garage and her keys sat still on the couch yet she doesn't answer me.

"Caroline?!"

"I'm in the bathroom" she yelled back after a few seconds.

I sigh and rubbed Bella's ears and then walked up the stairs and into mine and my wife's bedroom.

I opened the en suite bathroom and felt my hart jump into my throat by the sight in front of me.

There sat my wife on the toilet holding a stick in her hands with a single tear running down her face.

She looked up at me with a small smile on her face. She stood up and zipped up her jeans and then washed her hands still not uttering a word to me.

She giggled and crouched down to my level.

"I uhm... This morning after you left for the studio I-I made coffee a-a-and the calendar caught my eye."
She let out a sob
"When I checked it I-I realized that I was late a-and then I went out and bought a test."

"Baby?" I grinned , "are you pregnant?"

She laughed happily and kissed my nose. "Yeah baby. I'm pregnant."

"We're going to have a baby?"

"We're going to have a baby , baby!!"

"We're gonna be parents!" I screamed and twirled her around. The both of us laughing uncontrollably while tears streamed down both our cheeks.

After 2 years of trying for a baby and doctors telling us that it might never happen
it finally did.

I was finally going to be a daddy. Carry was finally going to be a mommy

and there's nobody that can take it away from us.