Status: Reconstruction Over. Chapter 1 will remain the same as it's always been. I will continue the story. I want to see this through.

The Calling

Two Birds of a Feather

A young boy, clad in yellow and green robes, awakens under the shade of an oak tree. Leaves scatter through the air; slowly floating down around the boy's body.
He sighs while staring into the sky, "When can I ever remove this mask?"
"Well who cares?"
"Right?"
"I'm Theodore Georjett Adams!" Theodore shouts, causing most of the village's children to stare. Theodore laughs awkwardly and then says with determination, "Alright! I'll show the whole village my face and they'll have to accept me!"
A brown-haired girl giggles in the distance.
Theodore notices the girl, "Hmph, what are you looking at?"
"I couldn't help but notice the mask you're wearing, are you sick?" The girl replies while walking towards Theodore.
"Uh, no?"
"And besides, why do you care?"
"Well, our village's culture is that when a villager is ill they must wear a mask to alert all others that they may be capable of spreading disease."
Theodore is surprised by this cultured child, "You should have told me that you were the village's star child."
She laughs once more "You're funny, y'know that?"
"Hey! How 'bout we play a game?"
"What type of game?" Theodore eyes the girl suspiciously.
"Oh! I should tell you my name first, huh?" The girl laughs "My name's Ellie Oracle."
"Ell-ie?"
"Yeah that's right! You got it!" Ellie smiles.
"So, what's your name?"
"Theodore."
"Theodore? Do you have a last name?"
"Yes.. it's.. uh... Georjett Adams" Theodore replies.
"Oh, that's so cool! You have two last names!!!"
"Oooo! May I call you Teddy?" Ellie stares at Theodore with baby-doll eyes.
"Call me whatever you want."
"Yay!"
"Okay" Ellie takes both hands and slaps her cheeks "Focus!"
"Alright, this game will require both of our participation!"
"And it's called-" Ellie pretends to play drums "Revelation!"
"Revel- what now?"
"Revelation! The game where anyone that plays realizes something important!"
"Okay so what are the rules?"
"It's simple, we each have to reveal something about ourselves to one another."
"I'll go first!" Ellie says excitedly.
Ellie breathes in and out "I'm secretly afraid of cats!"
Theodore laughs "Psh! That's nothing! How can I live when I'm afraid of.. uh.... of" he starts to sweat nervously.
"Come on! You can do it!" Ellie encourages him to share his fear.
"Of...of.... COCKROACHES!" Theodore shouts then covers his mouth.
"There's nothing to be ashamed of! You told me! That's all that matters!" Ellie smiled.
"Now here's one that I bet you can't top!"
"Just name it" Theodore narrows his eyes.
Ellie looks around trying to eye an eavesdropper, then speaks "I was the one who replaced all of Elliot's hair gel with green gelatin.
"You're the one that did that to him?" Theodore starts laughing really hard "Man I thought that was some other jealous pretty boy!"
"Nope, just a 'star child' full of the surprises!"
"Okay well how about-" He pulls off his mask "THIS!" A golden beak reveals itself; it's rather small.
Ellie looks up in surprise "Whoa, I didn't think you'd actually do it!" Theodore realizes what he's just done and quickly put the mask back on.
"N-no one saw that... right?" Theodore asks Ellie nervously.
"Nope, I'm sure it was only me!" Ellie continuously smiles as if she's not phased by Theodore's beak.
"W-why aren't you freaking out about this?"
"Because! Because you and I are... alike" Ellie lifts her robe just enough to reveal two bright yellow bird feet.
Theodore jumps in surprise, "YOU'RE PART BIRD TOO???"
Ellie giggles "Yes."
She eyes her Oracle-brand watch "Whoops, I gotta get going, but I'll see you next time?"
"Y-yeah?"
Ellie runs away into the setting sun; it's magnificent until she trips.
♠ ♠ ♠
This series is gonna get quite interesting along the road. This is legit something I do when I'm really bored, but the story is real and I love my child Theodore and of course Ellie... maybe Elliot... XD Nevermind. It'll most likely suck and such so be prepared for more? I guess XD Chapters will most likely be short. Enjoy this ride thing.