Status: Reconstruction Over. Chapter 1 will remain the same as it's always been. I will continue the story. I want to see this through.

The Calling

Another Day, Another Time

Theodore finds himself in a black mass of nothingness floating as if gravity is nonexistent; a small luminescent yellow orb floats past him. He quickly grabs it; curious about what it is. Does this symbolize something? He ponders. The black mass begins to crackle and pop as if this world is breaking apart. Theodore panics and tries to run, but to no avail. The black mass fades away. It seems that Theodore's peaceful slumber was interrupted by loud popping sounds; his father appears to be preparing breakfast...?
Theodore rubs his eyes and removes his mask, "Dad?"
"Yes, Theodore?" The crackle gets louder.
"What are you making?"
"Eggs and bacon."
Theodore is shocked to learn he's actually getting a normal breakfast.
"Whoa!!! Where'd you get those ingredients?!!!" Theodore is excited and shocked.
"Your mother dropped some off this morning."
"But where'd she get them!!!"
"There's this little village called 'The Supermarket'!!!" Arnold begins to chuckle.
"Whoa!!!" Theodore is in total awe, "Can we go there!!?"
Arnold laughs wiping a tear from his eye, "No, but maybe someday!"
"It's ready son! Eat up!"
Theodore shoves the "normal" food down very quickly and develops hiccups. He leaves the small tent still in awe of his dad's wondrous "tale" about the supermarket.

***

Arnold hurries with clean-up in the tent and quickly makes his way to Unio Town. A town filled with small houses and tall buildings. The Starco Enterprises building is perhaps the largest there is. He wears a trench coat and circular googles making his way through small sand waves. After travelling for about an hour to the town he finally makes it to the entrance. Small children and teens crowd the way as parents rush after their kids. Thank the heavens Theodore's safe at the village he thinks to himself. Arnold begins sprinting over to a nearby cab and tells the man driving to head to Starco Enterprises.

***

Meanwhile Theodore wanders around the village aimlessly. He spots Ellie talking to a boy with poofy brown hair and bushy eyebrows. They're giggling and pointing at the adults of the village. Theodore approaches the two of them.
"Hey! Whatcha two talking about?" Theodore plops down next to them and crosses his legs.
"Oh we're just making the adults talk funny!" Ellie responds.
"You're Theodore right?" The bushy-brow kid asks while blushing.
"Yeah and what's your name?"
"You don't remember me do you?" The kid laughs awkwardly, "I'm Elliot Reyes!"
"Oh you're that one pretty boy!"
"You think I'm pretty?" Elliot blushes.
"Eh sure." Theodore shrugs.
"Ooo! Hey look there's a guy!" Ellie points at a man wearing extremely dark glasses and slicked back hair as well as a black suit; he's also holding a black brief case.
"Oh shoot." Theodore seems a bit on edge.
"Hide!!" Theodore grabs both Ellie and Elliot's hands. They all run into Ellie's house, a large hut of three tents, and stay quiet. Little did they know Ellie's parents were home.

***

The cab arrives at it's destination and Arnold hurriedly sprints to the entrance. He's sweating bullets when he suddenly encounters a man wearing a while suit with a yellow star logo. The man asks for identification. Arnold pulls out a Star Card he received from his wife this morning and hands it to him.
"Don't worry Pam, I'm coming." Arnold remarks while gritting his teeth.

***

"Theodore..." Ellie whispers briefly.
"What? Try to be quiet."
"We're in my house... and my parents are right there" Ellie points at two adults. A large man with poofy brown hair, bushy eyebrows, green eyes, brownish skin, and a chubby face sits on a comfy brown sofa surrounded by what looks like hundreds of soda cans. Next to him sits a beautiful woman with straight medium-length blonde hair, hazel eyes, and a fine face.
"Are these your friends?" The woman smiled while staring at Ellie.
"SHHHHH" Theodore quieted them. The man and woman seem confused. Footsteps are heard from outside; only one pair of them.
They overhear a man speak, "It doesn't seem like any of them are here."
"Check the perimeter and make sure you catch any Spirian that tries to leave."
It appears the man was talking into a walkie-talkie. The man leaves and the village returns to normal.
Theodore breathes a sigh of relief; then Ellie asks "Who was that guy?"
"My dad said they're called Chasers and they hunt for people like you and me."
"Wait.... do you think... we're, Spirians?" Ellie recalls the knowledge she learned from reading books about the ancient and sacred race of the Spirians.
Theodore looks at his own two hands, "It sure looks that way..."
"Yo." Everybody looks up to see the adult man speaking.
"So--blurphh-- I'm Reggie--blurrrppp" Reggie introduces himself while making ungodly burping noises, "And this is---Plurrp-- my wife, Lily."
"Greetings!" Lily waves hello.

***

Arnold rushes through the workers in the building and makes his way to the elevator. Suddenly a young woman in the elevator looks at him.
"Sup, you want some of my beer-- heeehee~" The woman asks while smiling "I snuck some in!"
"Uhm, no thanks." Arnold replies.
"Suit yourself." The woman chugs a small flask she got from her brown messenger bag. The elevator reaches the top floor, where the bosses office is. Arnold charges towards the office and barbarically breaks the door down.
"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER YOU FILTHY PERVERT!" Arnold aggressively approaches the boss, who seems to be groping Pamala.
"Arnold!" Pamala cries, "You're here, oh thank god."
"Help!"
"Don't worry Pam, I'll punch this bastard into oblivion." Arnold approaches the boss,Henry, rolling up his sleeves and cracking his knuckles.
"I-uh can explain! Please don't hurt me!!!" Henry shields himself from the punches.
"I don't want your filthy lies in my ears!!!" Arnold retorted.
"Pamala, help!!" Henry shouts.
"I'm not helping you, I'm never helping you!!!"
"In fact," Pamala throws her ringer for work on the ground and smashes it with her heels, "I quit."
"You go Pam!!!" Arnold cheers while pinning Henry against the wall to the conference room.
"That's right Henry and I'm going to expose you for the perverted man you are!!!" Pamala walks over to a hidden camera and shows the groping that Henry did to her.
"When did yo-" Henry's question is stopped by a punch and he falls to the ground.
"High five girl!" Arnold smiles and holds up his hand.
"High five boy!" Pamala giggles and high fives Arnold. They both recall the memory of them first high fiveing as a couple and saying High five boy and high five girl. They walk out of the building and through the town.
"That was really something back there," Arnold says while looking into the sky.
"Yeah, but I wouldn't have been brave enough if you weren't there." Pamala grips Arnold's hand tight.
"Pam, I know you can be brave even if you don't think you can," Arnold takes a breath, "You're a strong independent woman with worries and a family just like anyone else," Arnold looks into Pamala's shades, "And I promise that whatever happens to you I'll be there by your side to protect you."
"Arnold..." Pamala tears up and smiles, "That's why you're my number one man." They hold each others hands all the way to the village, through the traffic of cars, and the sandy road along the way.
They're greeted with Theodore pointing a stick at a teenage boy dressed in ninja garb in front of the Oracle home.
"Uh..."
"Welcome... back?"
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter that's actually been super long and interesting. I'm getting better don't worry! I honestly can feel the emotion between Pam and Arnold. They're the best of Soulmates, together in heart and in strength, forever. I'll be sure to draw that scene because my god it's extremely emotional. I love these characters I've created with all my heart and I hope you all do too.