Status: Complete.

Unforgiveable

one - one

"Crucio!" a gruffly voice said.

A substantial scream pierced the air; the wavelength could have broken the glass in the cabinets.

Goyle lowered his wand and smirked at his achievement. Amycus Carrow applauded, gasping out great approvals towards one of his star pupils. Before the class, there was a third year girl standing, who had been caught sneaking out past hours. A line of seventh year students for the Dark Arts class curved and ended at the back of the room.

"Excellent, Goyle. Improvement each session," Carrow said. The smile on the corner of his lips dashed away. "Next."

A simultaneous step filled the room until it echoed. Carrow stared at the new wanderer. Neville Longbottom. His black eye was regaining the normality of peach, and his lip was rehealing from the last punishment. His left hand in his pocket. His wand held confidently in his right hand not pointing to his fellow student. An unspoken condemnation occurred between Death Eater and student.

The third year whimpered, awaiting the recognizable agony.

"When will you learn, Longbottom?" Carrow hissed, "The more you struggle, the more you suffocate. Once you give in, the constraint loosens."

Neville held eye contact with the enemy.

"No."

"Horrible filthy blood traitor!! Crucio!"

The third year flinched but realized she wasn't being tortured. Neville slammed on the ground, wailing and flailing his body. His whole figure was consumed by boiling water, scorching through his extremities. Carrow focused his attention on his favorite filthy mutt.

"Next!"

The sound doubled in steps, and Carrow shoved the third year to the back of the line. She shivered from his touch, wanting to escape it.

"Again, do the curse!" he ordered the first person in the beginning of the line.

Lavender Brown held a look that would have trumped Ron Weasley's expression when he threw up slugs. Her wand wavered in the air, her breathing in small gasps.

"Do it!! Speak it!!"

Her mind thought the spell. Her lips wouldn't move, and Neville's gaze never faltered. No hints of pleading or anger. His eyes held a simplicity that made Lavender want to scream.

"C-Crucio."

"Louder! With breathe energy!"

"Crucio!"

"Again!"

"Crucio!"

"AGAIN!!"

———-

"Neville! What happened now?!" Ginny asked. She sat down in an empty chair next to the hospital bed with Neville laying on it. Classes were let out moments ago, Lavender ran out of the classroom first. Neville had Seamus and Michael walk him to the hospital wing.

Before Neville could reply, Seamus said, "Carrow."

Ginny went into a rag. Seamus and Michael dismissed themselves not wanting to hear the yelling. Madam Pomfrey threatened to escort Ginny out if she didn't stop hollering. Ginny complied.

"If we could get away with it, I would use their own spells against them," she stated.

"What do you mean?" Neville broke the one-sided anger conversation.

"All these curses, they deserve them used on them. Imagine their faces. And we could! Once lightning strikes!"

"They would look like us."

Ginny's imagination was shattered.

"They would feel the similar pain," said Neville, "I don't want to torture anyone. I want them to pay for their sins, but I won't use their spells."

Ginny's rage was replaced with understanding and embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, Neville."

"I am as well."

Neville reached into his left pocket and held within his hand a Drooble Blowing gum wrapper.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a complete short story. I have it published on wattpad which my account is BornToWrite47 if you would like to read anymore of my stories.

I hope you enjoyed it!