Status: Heavy Domestic Violence

Broken

Six

The bed he lay in was musky, and Nathan was pretty sure the stain was blood. But, he hadn't had a bed to lay in for over two months now and beggars can't be choosers. He laid his head down on the off white pillow, and cupped his head with his hands. He was exhausted, it had been two years since he left Kingshollow. He had made a few new friends, the closest of which lay in the bed next to his, snoring loud enough to shake the windows. Nathan stared up at the popcorn ceiling. Bits of dust clung to it. He closed his eyes and sighed, he needed to try and sleep, they had a long trip ahead of them tomorrow.

Every time he closed his eyes, there she was. Her beautiful fucking face was staring at him with sadness. Jenny had been appearing in his dreams every night since he left. Like she was calling him back to her. It was frustrating, he hadn't been able to get a decent night sleep because of it. She was always there, her blonde hair and blue eyes. He could still hear her calling for him as he fled. Her sweet voice full of pain. He had left her alone, she had always been there for him and he left her.

What was he supposed to do, take her away from her great family to travel the open road with him? No, he wasn't living the sort of life she deserved. She didn't need him like he had needed her.

Nathan took a deep breath, and with the same vision behind his eyelids he forced himself into another fitful sleep.


Nathan scowled at the high pitched moaning coming from down stairs. Chris had brought a girl home, and she was moaning so loud she could wake every sleeping creature in the vicinity. He slammed his bedroom door shut and slid to the floor by the window. He had spent many days staring out of this window, looking towards Jenny's home. The lights were out now, and other than the persistent groans from down stairs, all was silent. He closed his eyes and this time he could see Jenny from earlier that day. She had lost a lot of weight, and she seemed less cheerful than before he had left. Like a piece of her had been destroyed by something or someone. Nathan felt the guilt build in the pit of his stomach. Had he had something to do with stealing the smile and light from Jenny's face and eyes?

He'd need to make it up to her, but they wouldn't be staying long. He didn't want to get involved again and then leave her behind once more. That would just be cruel of him. But, he couldn't stay away from her, that much he knew. He had felt an unyielding pull towards her since he had found her. Nathan slid till his head hit the floor and he cupped it in his hands, he stared up at the ceiling of his old bedroom and took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. He needed to have a real conversation with Jenny, yet, he still couldn't get over James. The anger boiled in him once more at the reminder of that asshole.

The moans stopped from down stairs and Nathan closed his eyes again, this time he had a plan to talk to Jenny tomorrow. He needed to get her away from James, and explain every thing to her so she could really understand why he left and didn't bring her with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nate
Song of the chapter.