Say Forever

Amber

Amber walked out of her apartment and exited the building, inhaling the thick city air. She plugged in her headphones and slipped her hands into her pockets, making her way to the science building for her senior seminar class.

She felt her phone buzz in her pocket, smiling when she saw who was calling her.

“What’s up, Cass?”

She chuckled to herself as she listened to her roommate rant on about the guy who ran into her yesterday. He’d done it again, and Cassie had had enough.

“If he does it again, I won’t be quiet.”

Amber smiled, pulling the door to the science building open and walking inside.

“Relax, Cassie. I’m sure he didn’t mean it.”

Cassie mumbled and let out a playful, “whatever,” before hanging up the phone. Amber walked into her classroom and took a seat by a window, thankful that she could gaze at the city skyline when she felt that class was dragging on.

She watched as a pair of girls walked into the room, glittery sorority letters on their shirts. They sat across from her and whispered to each other.

No matter how hard she tried, Amber couldn’t ignore them. Instead, she decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

“So our party is with the hockey team. I think it’s finally time that we make our move on them.”

The girls laughed and Amber shook her head, deciding to put her headphones in until the professor showed up.

At this school, hockey was the sport. They didn’t have a football team, which usually brought in the crowds. Instead, everyone rushed to the hockey games on the weekend.

Amber hadn’t frequented any of those games in her three years at the school. She was usually studying for an exam or reading her textbook late into the night, until running out to meet Cassie at whatever party she had found.
The fifty minute class was over and Amber rushed to gather her belongings. She took out her phone and sent a text to Cassie.

Coffee in the union?

She barely had the chance to slip the phone back into her pocket when Cassie’s name popped up on the screen.

Please.

With that, Amber exited the science building and made her way to the student union. She waited online at the Starbucks and ordered a tea for herself and a latte for Cassie. She thanked the barista and grabbed a table as she waited for Cassie to show up.

Amber was scribbling in her planner when someone slammed their bag down on the table. She instantly knew it was Cassie.

“What’s wrong?”

Cassie sighed and sat down before responding.

“I’m already done with senior year. Can we graduate now?”

Amber let out a light laugh and playfully shook her head.

“Oh, come on. This is our senior year. We’re supposed to live it up, remember?”

Cassie cracked a smirk and nodded at Amber.

“Yeah, yeah, I guess you’re -- oh great, he’s here.”

Amber turned around and glanced at the people around them. She looked back at Cassie with a confused look on her face.

“Wait, who?”

“The guy who keeps running into me and then walks away like an ass. He’s over there, with the black jacket on.”

Amber turned around and saw a rather tall guy waiting on the coffee line, scrolling through his phone.

“He doesn’t look too threatening.”

Cassie’s eyes narrowed and she shook her head.

“He doesn’t have to be rude. That’s it, I’m going over there and giving him a piece of my mind.”

Before Amber could try to convince her otherwise, Cassie had already made her way over to where the “rude jerk” was standing. She watched as Cassie started yelling at him, and couldn’t help but chuckle to herself. Sometimes the best thing to do was to let Cassie be Cassie.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey all! here's the second chapter!

for those who don't know, I'm Erin (zuccarello.) and will primarily be writing from Amber's POV.

Hope you like it!