Say Forever

Amber

Amber moved quickly to catch up with Cassie. After the altercation with Sidney’s ex-girlfriend, Cassie couldn’t wait to get back to their apartment and let loose. It was senior year and it was Friday, which meant it was time to party.

Though out of breath, Amber was finally able to fall into step beside her best friend. She grabbed Cassie’s arm and inhaled deeply, catching her breath.

“Damn, I am out of shape.”

Cassie laughed and finally stopped, turning towards Amber.

“Come on, you. I need a drink.”

The pair made it to their building, running up the stairs to their apartment. Once inside, Cassie ran directly to the kitchen, opening up the cabinets where the girls kept their liquor supply. She took out rum for herself, before sliding a tequila bottle over to Amber.

Amber moved to the other side of the kitchen, taking two shot glasses out of another cabinet.

The two girls moved towards each other, smirking as they poured the alcohol into glasses. They clinked glasses before Amber spoke up.

“To senior year.”

Cassie nodded and let out a chuckle before giving her own toast.

“To getting fucked up.”

They laughed and threw their heads back, welcoming the exhilarating burn of the alcohol in their throats. They slammed the glasses down onto the counter in triumph, but those shots would not be their last.
Amber stood in front of the mirror in their hallway, looking herself up and down. She wore a navy cocktail dress with an open back, showing off the small tattoo across her left shoulder blade. She spun around and wondered if she did the dress any justice.

“Damn, girl. Cut me off a piece of that.”

She laughed as she saw Cassie standing behind her in the mirror, clad in a strappy black dress.

“Same to you, Cass. That dress is hot.”

Cassie chuckled and flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder.

“Tell me something I don’t know.”

In the true college way, they headed to the kitchen to take another round of shots. Cassie had barely finished swallowing the liquor when she felt the buzz of her phone against her skin. She looked down at her phone, confused when she saw a text from an unknown number.

Amber could see her confusion and moved towards her, placing her shot glass down on the counter.

“Who is it?”

Cassie bit her lip as she read the text, mentally trying to remember if she knew the number.

“I don’t know. But they’re inviting us to a party.”

Amber moved towards her, so that she could read the message over Cassie’s shoulder.

Party at 42 West Maple. 11 PM. Password is ice.

That was all it said. Amber let out a light laugh and backed away, retrieving her wine glass from the counter and filling it up for at least the fourth time that night.

“Are we going?”

Cassie chuckled and flipped her hair over her shoulder, pouting her lips at Amber.

“Please, have you ever known me to turn down a party invitation?”
They had left their apartment at 11:15, knowing that anyone who was anyone never showed up to a party on time. By the time they reached West Maple, it was nearing 11:30. Amber watched as the house numbers increased, slowing down as the number 42 caught her eye.

“This is it.”

After a moment she realized that looking for the number had been unnecessary, as music blared from the house and drunken laughter filled the air. They marched up to the door and knocked, waiting only a moment before the door opened, revealing an unlucky sober sister who was on collection duty.

The girl looked Cassie and Amber up and down, clearly believing that they had no business there.

“Who do you know here?”

Amber was about to abort the mission, ready to turn around and high tail it back to the apartment. However, that was never Cassie’s style.

“I have the password, okay? Ice.”

The girl sighed, blocking the door as if she was going to keep them out no matter what. However, a few seconds passed and she rolled her eyes, finally backing away and letting them in. They stepped inside, handing the girl a few dollars before becoming enveloped in the mass of people.

At this point, a bit of the alcohol that Amber had consumed was beginning to wear off, and she recognized the angry girl at the door as one from her seminar class. She realized that at any moment, she’d see countless sorority sisters hanging all over the hockey team.

She then furrowed her eyebrows, wondering who would have invited Cassie to this party. It wasn’t exactly her crowd. It was then that Amber saw him.

It was the guy that was Cassie’s new “enemy,” the one who she’d run into countless times; the one whose ex-girlfriend was a loose cannon.

Amber saw him making her way towards them, another guy by his side, and grabbed Cassie’s shoulder to pull her the other way.

But it was too late, Cassie had seen him. There was no avoiding him now. Amber bit her lip, locking eyes with the guy who was next to Sidney, as if they could both see the craziness that was about to unfold.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the new update!

hope you guys enjoy it. we would LOVE some more feedback on this!

here are the dresses I had in mind for the girls:

Amber

Cassie