Say Forever

Amber

Amber groaned as she heard the disconnecting click on the other end of the phone. She collapsed onto Kris’ bed and threw a pillow over her face, screaming into it.

She grew quiet and just stayed still, thinking that maybe, just maybe, if she didn’t move, it would all go away.

Sidney moved closer to Kris as they both stared at Amber in confusion.

“Is she okay, or…?” Sidney whispered, yet still loud enough for Amber to hear.

He moved closer to her, only to be caught off guard when she pounced at him, knocking him to the ground. Kris couldn’t help but laugh as he watched Amber pound on Sidney’s back, mentally making a note to not get on her bad side.

“You’re such a jerk, Sidney! She’s my best friend! You made me lie to my best friend!”

Sidney lifted his head up, looking towards Kris.

“Hey, Letang, think you could maybe get your girl off of me?”

Kris shook his head and ran a hand through his long hair, which was way overdue for a cut.

“Nah, I kind of like watching her wail on you.”

Amber continued to punch Sidney’s back with all of her strength, which, in reality, didn’t add up to much against his from years of playing hockey. After he’d had enough, Sidney rolled over, taking Amber with him. She landed on the carpet and immediately covered her eyes with her hands, groaning loudly.

Sidney stood up and brushed off his clothing, shaking his head as he looked down at Amber. Kris moved towards her, reaching down to grab her hand and pull her up.

Amber was finally cooled down a bit and she took a deep breath, turning towards Sidney.

“Look. If you want Cassie to actually give you a chance, you should probably try not being a dick.”

Kris gave her a look and she sighed again, giving Sidney an apologetic look.

“Just...talk to her like a real person. She’s actually pretty great once you get to know her. And if she’s stubborn, it usually means she likes you.”

Sidney silently nodded his head, making a mental note of what Amber told him. He shoved his hands into his pockets and grabbed his wallet from the nearby table. He slid it into his back pocket and shrugged on his hockey jacket, moving towards the door.

“I’m going to go try to get Cass to talk to me.”

Kris wrapped his arm around Amber’s shoulders and nodded. Amber’s arms were crossed over her chest and she bit her lip, still upset and unsure where she stood with Cassie.

“Good luck. Make sure she knows I was trying to help.”

“I will.”

Sidney waved a final goodbye and made his way out of the apartment. He had no idea what he was going to say to Cassie, but he knew he had to be honest. Fucking around had gotten him nowhere in the past, and maybe it was time after all to be honest with people. To be honest with himself.

He pulled his hood over his head and put his hands into his jacket pockets, making his way to the apartment that Amber and Cassie shared.
Kris and Amber stood in silence in the living room of Sidney and Kris’ apartment. Amber’s arms were still crossed and she was looking down at the ground as if she were studying something. Kris knew that in reality, she was wondering if Cassie was still her best friend.

He moved closer to her, towering over her small frame. He rested his head on top of hers, wrapping his arms around her waist. He placed a soft kiss on her cheek and leaned in close, whispering in her ear.

“Is this a bad time to mention how sexy you were when you were yelling at Crosby?”

Amber couldn’t hold back the smile that broke out onto her face. A subtle blush flooded her cheeks and she turned around, her chest touching Kris’.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, standing on the tips of her toes.

“There is never a bad time to tell me that you think I’m sexy.”

Kris bit his lip and smiled, leaning down close to her. He pushed some of her hair behind her ear and ran his thumb over her cheek.

“God, you’re gorgeous.”

Amber laughed and moved her hands to Kris’ hair, grabbing a bit with her fingers.

“Just shut up and kiss me, you idiot.”

Their lips met in a soft, yet passionate kiss. Neither of them wanted it to end. They stayed in that spot for what could have been minutes or hours, but it didn’t matter. Amber only hoped that her best friend was just as happy as she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay HI

omg, I'm so sorry this update has taken so long.
life is crazy guys, damn

but here it is!
I still love this story so much
I hope you guys do too!

any feedback would be highly appreciated!

xoxo Erin