Status: Active

Insomnia Is Eating Me Alive

The sea wants to take me, the knife wants to slip me.

You can't help but feel like you need someone else to complete you. Underneath the stress of working, maintaining a social life and feeling like you're living life to the fullest, deep down inside you feel like something's missing. When everyone in your town is sound asleep, your mind just won't shut up. The bitter loneliness that creeps upon you when you're most vulnerable during the night. The silence is deafening and your thoughts are louder than ever.

The craving of peaceful sleep consumes you. You constantly press down on the sleep button of your phone and the aggressive, bright flash makes your vision blurry for half a second. July 14 2016, 2:41 am. How many times do you go through this cycle before you finally accept that the tortured feelings that keep you up all night just won't go away?

I fumble around in the darkness, my fingers stroke upon my mattress until my headphones tangle around them. Inserting both buds into my ears, I block out the trembling existential thoughts that flow around in my mind and pray for my heart to slow it's pace enough for me to dive into sleep.

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well. Enough said.


And suddenly, a sigh of relief slides through my chapped lips. As if five pounds were scooped up from my shoulders, I quiver back and my neck becomes relaxed. My mind is a clean slate and the music endorses it.

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
See, the sea wants to take me
The knife wants to slit me
Do you think you can help me?


The tone Morrissey presents as the lyrics flux from his mouth is careless enough to summon you to a slumber. My will to fight off my clinching eye-lids surrenders.

Oh Mother, I can even feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my...
♠ ♠ ♠
My writing isn't perfect, but I'm trying. There's always room for improvement and I'm looking forward to sharing more stories on Mibba!