Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 1

Rowan's P.O.V.

Living in a sheltered world is not all it's cracked up to be. I am Rowan Davis a human/ zombie hybrid. You're probably asking yourself one question, "How the fuck can a human and zombie be together?" Ever see the movie Warm Bodies? The idea for the movie actually came from how our kind was created. Over time zombies regained their humanity and became more than mindless flesh eating corpses. All those movies and tv shows about zombies ripping people to pieces is now nothing more than a stereotype. After zombies evolved we became much like the humans we used to be. As a result, our kind could mate and reproduce with humans. There really aren't any major differences between us and humans these days. We just have different eye colors such as red, yellow, or purple. Not only that ,but we also eat raw meat instead of human flesh. Still fearing persecution from other humans our elders established the private community we live in today.

There was a time when I thought this was a great place to live. Now I just feel trapped, especially because of all the rules we have to live by. For example, we are not allowed to play video games, watch tv, or listen to music. More importantly we can never leave. I have always been rather curious and would sneak out despite the enormous risk. On one such outing I found an iPod with a lot of metal music on it. I listen to it in secret to avoid it being taken. I am about at the end of my rope with this place, which is why I am leaving. When my parents were asleep I made my move. Once I was over the wall I was free. Before I could register where I was I was hit in the head and everything went black.

Tobias' P.O.V.

I was walking home when I saw an unconscious woman on the street. She had been beaten and mugged, poor girl. I couldn't just leave her there so I picked her up and carried her to the hospital. When I arrived I said to the doctor, "This woman is injured and needs help." The doctor asks, "Are you family?" "No I don't know her. I just saw her unconscious and hurt", I reply. "You did the right thing Mr.-" "Forge. Tobias Forge", I finished. He says, "Well Mr. Forge I'll have some news for you momentarily." I nod taking a seat and hoped she would be okay. the doctor comes back a while later and says, "Mr. Forge she'll be okay. Just a mild concussion." I ask, "Can I see her?" He nods as I make my way back to her room. She was awake and seemed aware of her surroundings. Now that I see her face she was quite pretty. Her eyes were the most unusual color, purple. She looks in my direction and I ask, "How are you feeling?" "A little dizzy, but okay", she replies. She says, "I suppose I should thank you." "It's nothing. I would've done it for anyone." I looked at my watch and freaked at the time. I had to go. I say, "I have to go, but hopefully I'll see you around." She replies, "Okay." as I left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it. Please tell me what you think.