Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 10

Rowan’s P.O.V.

I came home from work and was getting ready to meet Tobias. Something about tonight had me feeling uneasy. I shook it off and told myself it would pass. Soon I was ready and the doorbell rang. Balz called out, “Rowan your man is here!!!!!!” I grab my phone and head downstairs. Damn Tobias looked good tonight. He asks, “Ready?” I nod and we head out. Once we get to his place he says, “I sense you’re nervous. Please don’t be.” Inside I feel five pairs of eyes staring at me. “Guys this is Rowan.” It was silent for a while before one of them said, “Wow. She’s beautiful. Nice to meet you Rowan I’m Simon or Alpha.” I shook his hand and the rest of them introduced themselves as Omega, Water, Earth, and Air. I ask, “What’s with the elemental names?” Tobias replies, “They are my bandmates. The guys that wear the masks. Those elements are their identities so we can remain anonymous, like me with Papa.” I nod in understanding.
I comment, “I have to say you guys are an amazing band.” Omega asks, “Do you have a favorite song of ours?” I think for a minute and say, ‘If I had to pick one I’d say Deus In Absentia or Year Zero.” They asked me all sorts of questions then Tobias asks, “Wanna head upstairs?” I nod and Simon calls out, “Use protection.” I laugh as Tobias flips him off.

Tobias’ P.O.V.

I close the door to my room and say, “Alone at last.” “Your friends are really cool guys.” She sits on the bed and I sit next to her and say, “Yeah. They are.” I notice she is shaking I ask, “Are you cold?” “No just nervous.” She replies. “Why?” I ask. Then I realize why and say, “Oh no. Rowan I am not trying to make you do anything. I just thought you would want to be somewhere quiet. The guys can get a little rowdy sometimes.” Just then we heard, “Dude you cheated.” “Did not.” Then she says, “Point taken.” I say, “I can put on a movie if you’d like.” She nods and I turn on Deadpool. I hadn’t seen it and Simon recommended it to me. Rowan cuddles into me as we watch. I saw her tense up a little when the two main characters were having sex for every holiday. I ask, “Are you okay?” She nods as we continue watching it was a funny movie. After it was over I took her home. I asked, “Did you have fun tonight?” “I did. I’m glad you introduced me to your bandmates. I really hope I see you again soon”, she replies. I say, “Me too Ghuleh.” We shared a passionate kiss before I headed home. I realized then Rowan was the one. I loved her.

Rowan’s P.O.V.

The next morning when I went down for breakfast Ryan asks, “How did it go last night?” “Fine. He introduced me to his bandmates and then we watched Deadpool. Something strange came over me while watching it”, I reply. She asks, “What do you mean?” “There was one scene where the main characters were physical with each other. I kind of wanted to do that with Tobias”, I say. “Oh, I see. You felt lust and wanted to have sex with him.” I nod and say, “I’ve never felt like that before. In my community, all the matches are arranged. We marry who the elders choose for us. My connection with Tobias is deeper than that.” Ryan replies, “I know Ro. Everyone knows how you two feel. As far as the other situation…. Is that the only time you’ve felt like that?” “No, I’ve had dreams about it, of him touching me”, I reply. Ryan says, “If you think you are reaching a point where you want to be physically intimate just let him know.” I nod and say, “Thanks Ryan.” She smiles then leaves.