Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 22

Rowan’s P.O.V.
Everyday my hope of leaving this place dwindled. There is no way for me to escape on my own. Since my return, they have put patrol around the gates so no one else can leave. My only hope is that Ryan or Tobias would find me, but they wouldn’t know where to look for this place. While my mom and Mrs. Thomas were excitedly planning the wedding, I felt like I was being sold to the highest bidder. I have cried every single day thinking about Tobias. I wanted to be with him again more than anything in the world. The only thought that keeps me going is that he is out there somewhere looking for me, just to hold me again. There was a major clue that told me he did.
Last week I went for a walk and found a radio. I turned it on and heard the announcer say, “Hey all you Ghost fans out there. This is their new single Zombie Queen.” By the time the song was over I had tears of joy streaming down my face. That song was written for me, his ghuleh. Maybe me hearing that song was a sign that maybe soon I would be reunited with him. I really hope that they can find me. The last thing I want is to be stuck here forever in a loveless marriage. I had some new-found motivation. I had to get a message to them, but first I must find someone to send it.
*A month later*
Tobias’ P.O.V.
Since I found out about Rowan it feels like my heart has been ripped out. I wanted to go back and help Ryan look for her, but we had a month-long tour. I’m not my usual energetic self on stage anymore. I am just going through the motions like, a zombie. Knowing she is gone makes me feel empty inside. Fortunately, the guys have been supportive some more than others. That night on the bus the guys wanted to talk to me. Martin says, “Look Tobias we know you’ve been bummed because of Rowan. We all miss her, but man you must stay positive. If you do that you will see her again.” “Dude. I don’t understand why you are so hung up on one chick. You’re Papa fucking Emeritus III. You have thousands of women wanting to fuck you every night. Just bang somebody and forget her”, Simon comments. That pissed me off, he really crossed the line this time. I reply, “You have no fucking clue what the hell you are talking about. I am upset about Rowan because I love her. None of those other women matter, they don’t even compare to her. Rowan is the only one I want. She is my heart and soul. How dare you speak of her that way. You love her like a sister I know you do. If you can’t accept that she is what makes me happy then fuck you.” Then I exited to my room in the back of the bus.
A while later, I heard Mauro and Simon talking. “Dude, that was really uncalled for earlier. You really upset him man. He is already dealing with so much.” “I know I’m sorry. I’m just so worried about Tobias. I know he loves Rowan and so do I. I was just tired of everyone being so depressed, myself included. I really want Rowan to be found safe, and back with Tobias. They are the most perfect couple I’ve ever seen and I am jealous because I want that. I’ve never seen a couple as in love as they are. Sometimes it makes you say crazy things.” “Either way you should apologize.” “I will tomorrow. I don’t want to disturb him right now.” Not too long after that I fell asleep.
The next morning, I woke up and found Simon in the front area. He says, “Hey man. I’m really sorry about last night.” “It’s okay. I heard you talking to Mauro last night, all is forgiven. Martin replies, “Good to see you guys getting along again.” “Look guys, I know I have been down lately. I just miss Rowan so much. Not being able to be there and look for her is killing me. When tour ends next week, I’m headed back to Scranton to help look for her’, I reply. “We’ll help”, Mauro adds in. Sure enough a week later we were on a flight back to Scranton. That plane ride felt like an eternity. Finally, we landed and we made our way to the Motionless house. When we got there, we were greeted by a very frustrated tired Ryan.
Ryan’s P.O.V.
A month later and we still had no leads. I felt like I was letting not only Rowan, but Tobias down as well. I blamed myself every day since it happened for not going with her that night. Why couldn’t I remember where this place was? I had been there before when I was a kid. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knock at the door. I open it to reveal Tobias and the guys from Ghost. Tobias says, “We came to help find Rowan, if we could.” “I really appreciate that. The guys and I feel so helpless.” “So do I.” We really need to find her soon.