Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 7

Rowan’s P.O.V.
After the concert, Ryan left because he had an early rehearsal in the morning. I didn’t want to go home yet so I just sat outside looking up at the stars. I loved how the sky looked on clear nights like this. I heard someone ask, “Mind if I join?” in a thick accent. I looked over to catch eye contact with the lead singer of Ghost. He asks, “Where is your boyfriend?” I look at him confused and he says, “The guy you were with.” I say, “Oh no. That’s not my boyfriend that’s my cousin Ryan.” Then I noticed something in his eyes…relief maybe? He asks, “Do you have a boyfriend?” I reply, “Well I am seeing someone and I really hope it will lead in that direction.” Papa asks, “You really like him huh?” I nod and say, “Very much.” “So, what would you do if I asked to kiss you?” I reply, “I would say no. I really like this guy and it would be wrong.” Papa asks, “What if he didn’t know about it?” “I would and I hate keeping secrets and lying.” I couldn’t believe this.
Papa’s (Tobias’) P.O.V.
Wow. Rowan really did care for me which makes her different from any other woman I’ve met. Keeping up the act I say, “I’m sorry if I offended you. Whoever this guy is he is very lucky to be with someone so beautiful.” She smiles and says, “It’s okay. I can’t imagine many women refuse and advance by a celebrity.” “You’d be surprised”, I reply. She says, “It was nice meeting you, but I have to go. I have an early day tomorrow.” When she left, I broke into a little happy dance and heard laughing. The guys were behind me and I ask, “You saw that huh?” They all nod and I say, “Well fuck.” Then I go change and go home.
Ryan’s P.O.V.
I hope Rowan got home alright. Chris comes in and says, “Ry I have that information you asked for.” I say, “Well don’t keep me in suspense.” Chris replies, “Apparently, Tobias is the former lead singer of the bands Repugnant and Subdivision.” There was something he was leaving out. I say, “Go on.” “He is also rumored to be the lead singer of Ghost. Rowan has no idea who he is.” This guy was famous and he hasn’t told Rowan for some reason. Sure, I can be understanding, but he needs to tell her or I will. I plan on dropping by the record store tomorrow and telling Rowan that I want to meet Tobias face to face.
Rowan’s P.O.V.
That was one crazy night. I got hit on by Papa Emeritus of Ghost. I was flattered and all, but I really do care for Tobias. He is everything I’ve ever wanted in a man and if I want things to progress I must be honest. On our next date, I am telling him what I am. That can play out one or two ways. The first is he either accepts what I must tell him and we can continue building whatever is between us, and the second he thinks I’m a freak and I never see him again. I am hoping for the latter, but I am expecting the worst possible reaction. As I was ringing up a customer Ryan came in the store and I say, “Hey Ry. I had a good time at the Ghost concert.” He says, “Me too. About that guy, you are seeing I’d like to meet him tomorrow night.” I say, “Okay great. I’ll tell him when I see him.” Ryan left after that. Not too long after, there he was walking through the door. I say, “Hey you.” “Hello beautiful”, he replies. I ask, “Do you have plans tomorrow night?” He says, “No.” I say, “Good my cousin wants to meet you. Then we can go somewhere.” “Okay sounds good. I’ll see you tomorrow”, he replies. I really hope Ryan likes him.