Status: In progress

Zombie Queen

Chapter 8

Rowan’s P.O.V.
I was at Ryan’s house waiting for Tobias to show up. I really hope Ryan will like him. I am upstairs finishing getting ready. Where ever we are going tonight I am telling him about me. I just want to be honest and he would’ve found out eventually. Balz’s fiancée Ryan Ashley was helping me get ready. She was telling me all about her time on a tattoo competition Ink Master and she won. I say, “That’s really great Ryan. I’m sure Balz is very proud of you. Maybe some of the money can go toward your wedding.” She replies, “Yeah we’re gonna use part of it for that and to expand the shop.” Soon she turns me to look in the mirror and says, “Okay girlie you’re all done.” I couldn’t believe it she did and amazing job. I say, “Thank you so much.” “No problem sweetie. You’re family now.” We hug and as we pull away the doorbell rings.

Tobias’ P.O.V.
When I got to Rowan’s cousin’s house I was beyond nervous. I rang the doorbell and he answered the door saying, “You must be Tobias. Come in.” I say, “Wow nice place you’ve got here.” “Thanks. Rowan will be ready in a few minutes”, he says. Then he got serious and says, “Look I’m sure you’re a good guy, but you haven’t been completely honest with Rowan. I know who you are. I get the whole secrecy thing really, I’m a musician too. Rowan is like a younger sister to me and you need to tell her the truth.” He knew my secret and I wondered how he figured it out. “I understand that and I will tell her I promise. I just wanted to wait till the right time. I have every intention of being honest with Rowan. I really care about her and would never dream of hurting her.” I say. He replies, “Well then you have my approval. I can see why Rowan likes you so much.” “I like her too”, I say. Then she came downstairs looking gorgeous as always. Then we left.
Rowan’s P.O.V.
As we left I say, “I hope Ryan didn’t scare you much.” “Nah he’s cool”, he replies. We get out at a park where Tobias leads me to an area where a picnic was set up. This was so sweet. He asks, “Like it?” I nod and say, “You’re such a romantic.” He chuckles replying, “I try.” We sat near the edge of the lake looking at the stars in silence. He says, “Rowan there is a reason I brought you here tonight. I need to tell you something.” I ask, “What is it?” He sighs and says, “I’m not who you think I am. The other night at the Ghost concert when Papa came up to you it was me.” I ask, “What?” He says, “I’m Papa Emeritus III. I followed some advice from a friend to see if I could trust you with this information. I wanted to protect you from all the scrutiny any woman has faced being with me. It’s not just crazy fans there are threats from religious organizations against us. I never meant to lie to you.” I couldn’t believe I was dating the lead singer of Ghost.

Tobias’ P.O.V.
Rowan looked somewhat bewildered, but says, “I don’t care I still want to be with you.” Then she says, “Speaking of being honest there is something I need to tell you too.” I say, “Okay.” “I’m not really 100% human. I’m a human/zombie hybrid that’s why my eyes are purple. The night you found me I escaped from the community I was from. They had all these strict rules we had to live by and I was sick of it. I just had to get away. Meeting you has really been the best thing to ever happen to me.” When she finished, I say, “Wow. So, we both had some big secrets. Rowan I like you for who you are. You could be a troll and I would still care about you.” I was trying to fight the urge to kiss her, but I gave in. Our lips met forcefully and I slipped my tongue in her mouth laying her down on the blanket. She drives me crazy. My hand made it halfway up her shirt before she stopped me saying, “Tobias I’ve never done this before. I don’t think I’m ready yet.” I reply, ‘It’s okay Ghuleh I’ll wait, whenever you’re ready.” “Ghuleh?” she asks. I nod saying, ‘Your new nickname.” We cleaned up and put the blanket away heading back. When we got back to her hotel I ask, “Rowan would you be mine?” “I’m yours”, she replies. We share one last kiss before I left. On the way, back home I had an idea for a song inspired by Rowan. I would call it Ghuleh/Zombie Queen.