Status: Active

So Long as You Love Me

un .

"Elle, are you really going to be able to go through with this? I mean, we're talking about Mike Fuentes, you know," the blonde female spoke to her best friend.

The pair was currently standing about thirty people from the front gate of the venue. It was the middle of the summer and Warped Tour was back in town again.

"Morgan, I slept with him two years ago and had his baby over a year ago. I think that it's important that he knows about it, don't you? Besides, it's not like I haven't been trying to tell him about it. I've messaged him multiple times via social media, but I never get any response. This is the last time that I'm going to try and get his attention. If he doesn't want to listen, then whatever. I was pregnant without him, gave birth without him, and have been raising Ruby without him. I don't need him, but I do want him to know that she exists."

"So, the plan is to run to their tent, sign-up for the meet and greet, and tell him then?" Morgan questioned. "And the bright aqua blue hair is to try and get him to remember you?"

"Correct," Elle spoke in response to her friend's question. "I just hope that this actually works."

"I'm sure that it will," Morgan reassured her friend.

"I'm really hoping so," Elle spoke.

"Look, security is starting to let people in now," Morgan commented.

"Awesome," Elle replied. "Remember, don't stop running until you find their tent. Call me if you get there before me and I'll come running with the money," she added.

"Deal," Morgan said, waiting patiently as the line began to move faster.

Just as the girls had made it to the front of the line, Morgan turned to her best friend. "This is it, Elle. You're finally going to tell him everything. Are you ready for this?" Morgan questioned, pulling her ticket up on her phone to be scanned by the venue staff.

"It's an overwhelming feeling, to be honest. What if he doesn't even care," Elle spoke.

"Then it's his loss," Morgan said, trying to stay positive for her best friend. "Besides, how could he not care? Ruby is the cutest little thing."

As soon as their tickets had been scanned, the girls took off running. They had to make sure that they made it in enough time to get their spot for the signing.

On her dash down one of the paths of the venue, Elle bumped into a guy who didn't look much older than she did.

"Pardonnez-moi, mademoiselle," he spoke.

"Je suis désolé, monsieur, s'il vous plaît pardonnez-moi," Elle rattled off before continuing on her way. She had gotten a good look at the male, but didn't recognize him, so she didn't bother sticking around to get to know him.

Hearing her phone go off in her pocket, Elle grabbed it and answered quickly. "Where are you?"

Upon receiving her answer, Elle ran towards the location of her friend and the Pierce the Veil tent.

Back at the tent where the two had collided, the male tried to gather what had just happened.

"Éric! Pay attention!" a male voice sounded.

"She's beautiful," he remarked.

"She's gone," the other male spoke.

"I need to find her," Éric commented.

"You need to pay more attention and get back to work, baby brother."

"Leave the kid alone," the merch guy laughed.

Out of breath, Elle finally reached the Pierce the Veil tent and found her best friend.

"There you are," Morgan spoke.

There was only a few people in line, surprisingly enough, but Elle was more than thrilled.

When it was their turn to sign-up for the meet and greet, Elle pulled the money out for the package offer, which included a tee shirt, a poster, and the latest album.

After walking away, the girls looked at each other. "So, what do we do first?" Elle questioned. "We have until four to be back here."

"Let's go back up front and grab a map and schedule. It'll be easier to keep track of what we want to do all day," Morgan answered.

"Good idea," Elle laughed.

After the girls had bought a schedule, they planned out their afternoon accordingly.

"We have about an hour in-between sets around one. We can either grab food then or we can just walk around and find a band to listen to," Morgan suggested.

"Food sounds good. It'll probably be about an hour before we even get to the front of any food line anyway," Elle commented.

Laughing, Morgan agreed with her friend. Soon enough, the girls made their way to the first set of the day on their list.

By one o'clock, the girls had worked up an appetite and made their way towards the food vendors.

"Pizza or burgers?" Elle asked.

"Definitely pizza," Morgan laughed.

When the girls were done eating, Morgan went to fill their water bottles and Elle went to throw away their trash.

"Hello again," a male voice sounded.

Looking up, Elle smiled. She remembered the male standing before her as the one that she had bumped into earlier in the day.

"Sorry about earlier," Elle apologized again.

"Don't worry about it," he reassured her.

"I was sort of in a hurry earlier and wasn't paying any attention," she explained.

"It's okay, I swear," he laughed. "So, this may be out of line and you may already have something planned, but there's a band playing up the hill at seven. Would you want to go with me?" the male asked.

"My friend and I were actually planning on leaving around seven," Elle spoke. "But, she might be okay with staying for one more set."

"Awesome! the male said with an enormous grin on his face.

"Where do you want to meet up?" Elle questioned.

"Just be there," he said. "It won't be hard for me to find you," Éric spoke, pointing at Elle's hair.

"Okay," Elle laughed. "I'll see you at seven then."

After the pair parted ways, Elle made her way back to her best friend. Not being able to contain her excitement, Morgan looked at her best friend slightly confused.

"So, we have to stay for one set longer than we planned," Elle said.

"Why?" Morgan questioned.

"I think it's a date," Elle laughed.

"Okay, we need to go, but you need to spill your secrets on the way to Pierce the Veil," Morgan demanded from her best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! I hope that you enjoy this new story that I was going to post for a contest but didn't end up having the time to do such. This story will lead into the next one for another contest that I've entered, so I have to get this one posted first.

This is based around Éric Poncet of Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, so please be aware of the fact that they speak French. Anything that is italicized is dialogue spoken in French. Instead of having you all either not understand and have to look it up or ignore it, I figure this was easier.

Hope that you enjoy!

xoxo,
Codie