The Wrong Girl

Cooper Benton has been working up the courage to ask out Charlotte Carlton for the last year, ever since she kissed him at Bradley Jenner’s Halloween party last year. He’s convinced that asking her to the Valentine’s Day Dance is the perfect opportunity, and he knows exactly how he is going to do it. Nothing could possibly go wrong. At least that’s what he thinks before he accidentally asks out Charlie’s best friend Cynthia Aaron instead. However, as he gets to know her again, he begins to wonder if he really did ask out the wrong girl.

Cynthia Aaron and Cooper Benton used to be best friends, attached at the hip and did everything together. Of course, that was before Cyn’s father died and she shut down completely, garnering the nickname Ice Queen from fellow classmates and peers. Despite the fact that they’ve grown apart and Cyn has some serious emotional problems, her feelings for Coop have developed into romantic ones that she covers with a thin layer of animosity. So, imagine her surprise when he asks her to the Valentine’s Day dance. She says yes, of course, but why does he seem so surprised?
  1. Chapter One
    Cyn really hates high school parties. Nothing good ever happens at them.
  2. Chapter Two
    Coop has the perfect plan to ask out his dream girl. He just has to get through the first class of the day first.
  3. Chapter Three
    All Cynthia wants is to get the newspaper out in time. Having someone ask her to the Valentine's Day Dance is the last thing on her mind.