The Concrete City

Birth

"The heart of man is the enemy of magic"

-Merlin

"We were striped of our race, our land and our loved ones - for decades the mages stood united as one race. Wolf, vampire, and human it didn't matter we were mages! But then they striped us ... those humans, our new dictators. They claimed magic shouldn't separate us from our birth race. It wasn't shocking to me to see humans do this. How could someone raised on blood know what family by bond even means! Overnight Mages who dated outside their birth race were called traitors! Our entire ward in this damn concrete city was taken from us! Turned into a multi race center. Who we were, our identities taken from us! Ten years we suffered, my Brothers and my Sisters But no more!"

The rally gave a cry of its approval to the shirtless, arm tattooed, redheaded man that stood above them in the DJ spot overlooking the crowded dance floor of his listeners.

"Do you understand why we gather in this night club in our taken homeland?", the man shouted questioning the crowd.

"YES!" the crowd roared, united in their response.

"Unlike the other rallies you have attended. This is no bull session! No this our cry for vengeance." The crowd whistled and clapped, others lit up their eyes in brilliant colors to show their manna boiling with excitement.

"This night is to humans, is the night that the resistance army traveled through to the center ward to over throw it! From the wolves by using us and the vampires"

Shouts of anger and slurs towards the humans were heard among the crowd, the red headed man motioned them to quiet down.

"This night has a new meaning. Oh yes my fellow magi. Oh yes, tonight marks the birth of the mages coalition!" The crowd roared with joy at their new name.

"As the humans took our land we will take their symbols, as they took our race we will take their meaning, as they took our loved ones...Well blood does call for blood." he said the last part with a wicked smile.

The crowd roared louder in response like starved animals at the sight of food, they roared, the man motion once again for silence and the group obeyed

"We are mages, we are one. Now what are we?"

The group gave back a soft response and the man shouted louder.

"What are we!!" the group's response was thunderous this time.

"We are mages, we are one" the man started to shout it with the crowd.

"WE ARE MAGES WE ARE ONE!" The entire building was shaking from the earth mages letting they're excitement out.

"WE ARE MAGES WE ARE ONE!" the crowd started to sweat from the enthusiasm of the fire mages

"WE ARE MAGES WE ARE ONE!" the crowd chanted even as the air became so thick you could swallow it whole in chunks. It was thicken by the thicken determination of the air mages at the idea of a new era

"WE ARE MAGES WE ARE ONE!" the crowd screamed over the sound of boiling water in buildings pipes caused by the boiling anger of the water mages

The rally chant spread through the entire city. Not their words but the energy they gave earth, water, fire and air, all in one energy, it spread through the hole city like a powerful tsunami causing an invisible chaos like waves crashing into a building, it crashed into the leaders of the hunters (the city's police) the pure power of the energy caused them to scrambled to find the source, but like a tsunami it was quick and powerful. The only answer to where it came from was the ocean. But in this sense the ocean was the old mages ward, the rally had forced their way into the whole city's radar but as quick as it appeared it stopped.

The rally had once again stood in silence from shock, there the preacher stood above them with his right arm up in the air his fist clenched, the tattoos glowed a bright purple, wicked smile shot across his face. He spoke softly,

"Brothers and sisters this gift I was blessed with will be the key to our victory. With this, our era will begin. Now who accepts my gift of the new era?" The crowds response was a simple raise of arms.

The man smiled brighter as his fist opened from his right arm causing a purple light to consume the room only shouts of pain could be heard.

The promise of a new era, a gift, and hearts of vengeance in the forgotten history of magic, this is the repeat of history, the repeat of a birth.

Welcome to the era not of mage but of a birth of a new magic.