Status: Done

Sometimes Goodbye Is the Only Way

Chapter 1

Sometimes I hated having a famous brother. He would always get free tickets when he was in town. And as always I would go with him. I missed him when he was on tour, and yes I would go with him but he always had sound checks, T.V. appearances etc. We were at the Nashville Sounds baseball game, this particular weekend. He had the day off and so he took his family and I to the game.

“Luke I'm going to get some food.” I told my brother, just so he didn't follow me. I made my way out of the aisle and onto the concourse so I could get a hotdog.

I put ketchup and onions on my hotdog. Why am I telling you this? Well what happened next is why. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going; because one of the players had gotten a home run, I was hurrying back to my section/seat. I seemed to have run into something hard like a wall. Only it wasn't the wall.

“I'm so sorry. Here let me clean-err umm.” I looked up to see a hot guy. I got nervous.

“Don't be. Are you okay ma’am?” The guy asked.

“I'm fine. I'm Alexis. Again I'm sorry I was paying more attention to the game.” I chuckled.

“I'm Shea. Let me buy you another hot dog.” I didn't know who this tall cute guy was but he had something familiar about him.

“You don't have to do that. I'm the one that ran into you. I should be the one the buy you a beer or something.” I said shyly even though I was only 20.

“Alexis, where I come from, if you meet a pretty girl you buy her a drink.”

“She's that's great but I'm only 20. I don't turn 21 until next month.” I sighed. Well that was it, the deal breaker.

“Not a problem. I'd like to get to know you. Listen, I have an extra ticket to the Luke Bryan concert tomorrow night. Do you want to go with me?”

“I don't know. I mean we just met and- okay I'll go.” We traded numbers and I couldn't wait. I hadn't had a date since my prom.

I went back to my seat without food, which I know I’d have to explain and why I was gone for so long. It wasn't until I was back at my seat when it clicked for me. I didn't know why it didn't click before. There was only one problem with my date tomorrow, I'd have to think of an excuse as to why I never said anything to Shea.

“So I have a date tomorrow night and we are going to your concert.” I bit my lip.

“Who is it with Lex?” My brother asked. I knew I was going to get the third degree.

“His name is Shea. He wanted to buy me a drink after I ran into him with my hot dog; I told him I wasn't 21 until next month and he was totally cool with it. He didn't try to pressure me and he asked me to your concert.”

“Just be careful. I don't want you hurt. If he is using you, I'll hurt him.” Ah there was the big brother I knew and loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
.