Status: Done

Sometimes Goodbye Is the Only Way

Chapter 3

It hurt me to have to leave my husband. But if he wasn’t willing to cope with our son having a heart condition at 4 years old, then he needed a wake up call. I needed to do what was best for my son and if that was leaving the only man that I have loved, and the father of my son, then so be it.

“I did it Luke. I left my husband. Now what? I mean if this gives him a wake up call and wants another chance, should I give it to him?”

“Lex, he didn’t abandon him, he didn’t abuse you or Logan. So the only answer is you give him another chance. I don’t want you to be hurt and I can tell that leaving him hurt you.”

I knew that Luke was right. I have no idea what I would do without my big brother. All I’ve ever wanted is a nice family, where my husband would spend time with our kids, teach them to play hockey and we would go to their games together. There was a knock on the door, and when I looked outside, I knew there was only one person it could be.

“What are you doing here? You really shouldn’t be here.” I said as I closed the door behind me.

“Lex, I know I made a mistake. I just didn’t know how to deal with the fact that my son can never play hockey like he wants to.”

“And I did? Shea, this is all new to me too. I was counting on you to be there when you came home from road trips, and so was Logan. He asks why daddy won’t play with him. And he says he wants to be just like you.”

“I get it Alexis. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you and Logan. I know I messed up. Please forgive me and come home.” He pressed me against his car.

“Shea you know I want to, but-”

“You know that us being together is what’s best for Logan.” I knew that Shea was right. And truth was we both wanted to get back together.

I agreed to get back together with Shea. I told Logan that he was going to spend the night at Uncle Luke’s, which he was so excited for. When he asked why I wasn’t sleeping over, I told him that I needed adult time with daddy. We agreed that we would make it work and try harder. Well let’s just say that we had about eight months to work on us and to prepare Logan to be a big brother. Yes I said eight, because the last time we had sex was a month ago, in the shower when Logan was taking a nap. I couldn’t wait to be the family I knew we could be and hopefully this time around there would be no health problems. We both knew that Logan’s health was going to take some time and some getting used to, and that we weren’t going to be fixed in a day. We agreed that we would make it work and try harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this isn't the best ending, but I have so many stories I need to work on and since this was a part of a contest I figured I should finish it now.