Status: Hold

Dying to Live, Living to Die.

The beginning

"Mama, I don't want to die." The fear in her daughters voice broke her heart, she could see the tears forming under her eyelids as she held onto her.

The outside world rumbled, as if it was falling apart. Cars slamming on their breaks, horns honking and people screaming, it was a bloodbath outside of their house as they hunched in the closet hoping that no one or nothing came strolling in.

"It will be fine, I promise to protect you with my life." She ran her hand through her daughters soft brown curls, they would bounce when she walked and twirl when she danced around the house.

After a few minutes she slowly slid the closet door open and peeked around, having been in there for a few hours she knew Ana would have to eat or use the rest room. The chaos had died down some from outside her home and they both slowly made their way out of the bedroom, the hallway was the same.

The blue walls lined with photos of their family, a small table at the end held trinkets that she had gathered from her travels and friends. The shades still covered the windows allowing the light to be blocked from entering the house, but still allow them to see outside. Kara froze at the sight that lay in front of them, the streets were covered in blood, body parts and cars. Her driveway had been untouched but her yard held a few bodies scattered, some of them were only a half of body and still seemed to be clinging onto some type of life, dragging themselves forward while their intestines clung to the grass.

Her whole body shuttered at the sight, her daughter clinging to her arm as she watched as well with tears falling from her eyes, it wasn't long before they heard the sound of large engines. To large to be a car or a truck, slowly she leaned forward and looked up. Her eyes were wide as she watched the large plane circle the sky, going left and then going right but going down really fast. They both watched it gets lower and lower, her grip on her daughter got tighter as the plane came in their direction. With wide eyes she ducked and wrapped her arms around Ana.

The house rumbled, the engines so loud cause their ears to ring and the sound of breaking trees, screams and broken glass caused her to tighten her grip. It was only seconds before the nice stopped, the screams were no longer there and smoke filled the skies. It was then that Kara kicked into action, the world was ending and she needed to get as far from here as possible.

Grabbing Ana, she started for the bedroom. She could see the broken tree line from the bedroom, the movement in the trees and the smoke coming from where the plane had landed. So she moved quickly, grabbing a bag she packed as much as she possibly could of hers and Ana's, before moving to the kitchen with another duffle bag.

Her kitchen was filled with broken glass and pans that had fallen from the counter and cabinets, so she carefully made her move to the cabinets and refrigerator, stuffing what she could for their journey to safety, while Ana silently watched. Once everything was packed and she held a few weapons in a separate bag, Kara stood over her daughter. At only the age of eight, she was being strong. Fighting back tears that threatened to spill over like a waterfall.

"Let's go."

The moment try stepped outside she wanted to vomit, the smell of rotting flesh and burnt corpse's made her want to run back into her house for safety. But she pushed forward, putting Ana in the back with the bags while she made her way to the front of her car. If there was on thing she loved about her car, was the silent start up. It didn't purr to life when someone turned it on, it didn't roar from the engine.

The car was silent.

Putting the car in gear she back out if her driveway and went in the opposite direction of all the cars to get out of their complex, she lived at the top of the hill which was sometimes called the rich hill. But in reality, it was just because her daughters father had helped her a lot before leaving for the last time. Kara watched her surrounding as they went down the turns, her eyes flickering to Ana who was holding her stuffed bear for dear life.

The area was dead, not a single soul roamed the streets looking for help, everyone was dead from what she could tell. The one lingering the street just watched as she silently drove past them. Seeming to lazy to chase her because they had their fill of her neighbors.

Kara cringed at the sight of them, their skin peeling from the muscle, their eyes white with no veins and the way they walked was if they were struggling to control the body. Their heads leaning to one side making their body lean that way as well, flesh hanging from their teeth and their bodies covered in blood. Their finger nails black. Clothing dirty and ripped, every time she would pass one they would clank their teeth together as if telling her she was their next meal.

Her fingers tightened on the wheel causing her Knuckle's to go white, her eyes glancing at Ana once more to see her sleeping peacefully. As she drove out of the complex she worried, what if they couldn't find a place, what if there was no one alive. What if she couldn't protect her daughter?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I had a dream and this is basically how my dream went, but different.