Finding Myself

Caught in the Act

Every time I wake up next to someone I always look back at my actions and think of what a horrible person I am. My first thought when I woke up next to Tyler was fuck my parents. Fuck their shitty relationship. Fuck the fact that they couldn't work through their problems and fuck my mom for thinking that it was okay to be with someone else. It's because of my parents that this will be the only time that I will wake up next to this beautiful human. Fuck them for making me incapable of being with someone more than once.

I slide out from under Tyler's arm that is wrapped around my waist. After our shower he gave me a Under Armour t-shirt that I slept in. I had recovered my underwear last night and put them on to sleep. I snuck out of the bedroom and roamed the halls of his big house before going to the kitchen to get my clothes that were nicely folded sitting on the counter. I pulled my skirt on and found the glasses in the cupboard and poured me a glass of water from the tap. The sun was just barely up over the trees in Tyler's back yard. The clock on the microwave said eight. Grabbing my clothes I headed towards the door. I passed the living room where I saw the two dogs from last night. Both were laying on the couch.

 The black one jumped off and the couch and made his way over to me. I gave him a pat on the head. This is definitely a better reaction than the dog from the other morning. He licked my hand before his ears perked up. Before I knew what was happening I could hear keys turning in the front door. I saw a closet and jumped into it and closed the door. I heard the door open and close.

"Segs where you at? Hi boys how are you?" he said in a higher voice to the dogs. "Where's your dad at?" His voice was moving further away from the front door as he walked to the back of the house "Hey man you look...confused."

"Was there a black jeep parked in my driveway?" It felt like my eyes popped from my head. Shit shit shit. I couldn't get out of this now.

"Yeah. Is it not yours?" Their voices were getting closer to my hiding spot. I heard the door open and close.

"Where did she go if her car is still here?" One of the dogs walked to the door and sniffed the crack by the floor and started barking.

"She? Who is she?" The dog kept barking.

"Cash stop! She's the girl from the bank. I ran into her at the bar and she came home with me." Cash stopped barking but started scratching at the door. "Cash what is your deal?"

Deciding there was no way to get out of this I opened the door and came face to face with Tyler and Jamie Benn. Cash walked up to me and nudged my hand with his head. I kept moving my gaze between the two of them waiting for one of them to say something. Jamie stuck his hand out towards me.

"Hi I'm Jamie Benn." I reached out and put my small hand in his very much larger one. "Tyler told me a little bit about you. He says your a fireball." I looked over to Tyler.

"You got that out of meeting me one time?" I asked cocking my eyebrow.

"Says the one hiding in the coat closet." He cocked his eyebrow right back at me.

"Yeah why exactly were you hiding in the closet?" Jamie asked releasing my hand and crossing his arms. " Were you trying to dip out on Tyler?" he played surprised. "That would be a first. Most girls have to be forced to leave the house." I could tell that my cheeks were red. I didn't know what to say so I looked down at my feet. Cash had retreated back to his spot on the couch next to the other dog.

"Well now that we caught you, you have to stay for breakfast." Jamie said walking towards the kitchen.

"I really --"

"It wasn't an option!" Jamie said pointing a finger in the air. "Lets go. Its not going to cook itself."

I sat on the bar swinging my feet off the edge. I watched the two boys as they pulled multiple ingredients out of the fridge and cabinets and set them on the island in the middle of the kitchen. Jamie set a pan on the stove and started it up, cracking a full carton of eggs into the pan. Tyler walked up to me and rested his hands on both sides of my legs. He got really close to my ear where his breath tickled it.

"Seeing you sitting here on the counter brings all of the memories of last night back." He kissed under my ear. "How you looked bent over it with your ass sticking out waiting for me to--" I jumped off the counter and away from him before the building of heat in my lower stomach could grow anymore.

"What can I do to help Jamie?" Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tyler smirking.

"You can cut up the fruit." He replied not looking away from what he was doing. I grabbed a mango, knife and cutting board and started cutting it on the island. I felt a hand touch my waist and slid down to my butt and squeeze.

"Or when we were in the living room. God you looked beautiful on your knees in front of me." He continued whispering into my ear. I really hope Jamie couldn't hear him. I finished cutting the mango and grabbed a kiwi and started on it.

"Tyler do you want to make some toast?" Tyler backed away from me and chuckled when he noticed how red I was.

After the eggs, Jamie started on the bacon and soon we were sitting at the bar with our plates in front of us. I somehow ended up between the two. They were both talking around me to each other about their first game next week. I had zoned out when I feel an elbow nudge me in the ribs.

"Did you ask me something?" I asked looking at Tyler.

"Yeah. I asked you if you were going to go to the game next week. You know our first game?" He asked locking eyes with me. "Maybe we could put you in a Sequin shirt" I snorted and turned away. I had finished my plate and I wanted to get out of here. I ignored him and got up putting my plate in the sink.

"Thank you Tyler for breakfast. Jamie it was nice to meet you." He gave me a nod and finished his plate off.

"Your leaving?" Tyler asked getting up and putting his plate in the sink. He followed me to the front door and sat on the back of the couch as I put my shoes on.

"Normally a one night stand leaves in the morning." I replied getting my heels on.

"You didn't answer my question in there." he nodded his head towards the kitchen.

"Tyler I had fun, but it probably would be best to leave this with us saying goodbye here." I finished putting my other heel on and Tyler walked up to me putting his arms around my waist. He leaned down and our lips met. He wrapped his arms tighter around my waist bringing me closer to him deepening the kiss. He pulled back a little bit and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm known for not doing what's best for me." he kissed me deep one more time before opening the door and walking me to my car. "I'll give you a call sometime this week. Maybe we can do this again." He said holding my door open. I started my car and buckled up. Tyler closed my door and I rolled the window.

"I didn't give you my number." I stated reversing out of the driveway and into the road. The smirk was back on his face when I disappeared out of sight from him.

Monday morning arriving at work I felt good. Until I walked into my office and found a bouquet of roses sitting on my desk. Pulling the card off and opening it the only thing on it was a phone number and the letter T.