Truth, Lies and Bitchy Girls

Do Preps Have ANY Mercy?

“Ellie, wake up. You’ve gotta go back to school today.” Zacky said, shaking her in an effort to get her up and out of bed. This was pointless as she just rolled over and ignored him. So he decided to use a different tactic. He switched on her laptop and turned to volume up to full and opened iTunes, finding the song ‘Scream’, hoping that the scream would get her out of bed.

“OHMYGOD! ZACHARY BAKER! I’M GONNA KILL YOU IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN!” She screamed as he pressed the play button and a loud scream emitted from her laptop.

“Oh well, at least you’re out of bed now.” He chuckled as he walked out of the room, leaving Ellen to get ready for school.

She mumbled profanities to herself as she walked into the bathroom that was adjoined to her bedroom. She stood there, in front of the mirror, longing. Longing for a friend. Some one, other than Avenged Sevenfold, who could bear talking to her. Some one who would look out for her and stand up for her. But most of all, some one who could love her. As she stood there, a lone tear rolled down her cheek and splashed onto the tiles covering the surface below the mirror.

She wiped her cheek and exited the bathroom, walking over to her closet trying to find an outfit that would annoy the preps. Failing to find an outfit that would do this; she grabbed her drainpipes and crept into Zacky’s room. She rummaged through his closet until she found what she was looking for, his Iron Maiden top. Noiselessly, she left his room and went back to hers, trying not to cause the floorboards to creak. Haphazardly, she threw on the top and drainpipes before picking up her eyeliner and drawing a thin black line around each of her eyes. Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she picked up her back and tried to gather the courage to go downstairs and face the day.

“Jelly!” Jimmy exclaimed as Ellen entered the kitchen, where Jimmy, Zacky, Matt, Brian and Johnny were sat drink coffee.

“Jimmy?” She replied, having to double take as none of them were ever up at this time of the day, let alone out of their own houses.

“It’s nice to see you too.” He said, laughing at the look of astonishment that had invaded her facial expression.

“Sorry. I just wasn’t expecting to see you all here this early.” She told them, shaking her head in disbelief.

“That’s understandable.” Matt replied, nodding his head in agreement.

“Indeed it is. But Ellie, why’ve you got my top on?” Zacky questioned.

“Ermm, ‘cause I needed an outfit that would annoy the preps?” She told him, not really replying, but questioning instead.

“Good enough reason.”

“Nice to know you agree, but I’ve gotta get to school. So I’ll see y’all later.” She said before walking out of the kitchen, only to be stopped by Jimmy grabbing the top she had on and holding it so she couldn’t escape. “Jimmy! Get the hell off my top and let me go to school!” She exclaimed, struggling to escape from Jimmy’s grip.

“Haha, nope. We’re taking you to school today.” Jimmy grinned before loosening his grip.

“What? No! Just let me walk, please?” She begged.

“Ellie, no. Don’t argue. We’re taking you. And if you even think of arguing, remember what I told you the first time I met you.” Zacky told her, referring to the threat he made.

“Holy fuck! No! I give in! You can take me! Just please, never use that again!” She said, giggling at the confused expressions on the other guy’s faces.

“What did you tell her that would provoke that much of a reaction?” Matt probed.

“Not what he told me, more what he threatened me with.” Ellen giggled.

“What? What? What?” Johnny asked, bouncing on his seat.

“Him.” Ellen told them, pointing at Brian.

“WHAT?!” Brian yelled.

“Chill ELWIN, we were in a strange mood that day. Although, what he said is a slightly nauseating thought.” Ellen mused, causing four of the five of them to burst into spontaneous laughter and the other one to sulk in his chair. “But y’know, if you wanna take me to school, we’d better go. Otherwise I’m gonna have to run there to actually arrive on time.” She pointed out.

“Gahh. That means moving!” Johnny exclaimed.

“Awh. Is little Johnny too lazy to get off his ass to take me to school?” Ellen asked him, mocking his height as per usual.

“No, the seat’s just comfy.” He bit back, standing up and making his way towards the door where the other four guys were already congregated.

“Seeing as Johnny’s given in to his laziness, shall we go?” Matt prompted, ushering them all outside and into his SUV. After the seating arrangements had been negotiated, Ellen sitting on Jimmy’s lap, Matt turned the key in the ignition and they sped off in the direction of the school.

Upon their arrival, although the bell for homeroom had already sounded, the attention of the preps who were still loitering on the front steps of the school turned to the car that had just turned up. Jimmy opened the door, allowing Ellen to clamber off his lap and out of the door, waving to them as she went. After she had climbed out and the door had been closed behind her Matt drove off, leaving her at the mercy of the preps who were closing in rapidly. She cursed under her breath as she began the walk that led up to the school’s entrance, but she had her path blocked by a wall of preps, each of whom had an equally malicious expression.

“Where do you think you’ve been?” The tallest one sneered.

“Doing my music project.” Ellen stuttered, trying to escape, but they moved so to keep her way blocked.

“Oh really? Well we ought to teach you what happens when you try and escape from us.” The one with peroxide blonde hair, that she recognised from her art class, threatened, pushing her backwards onto the floor.