Truth, Lies and Bitchy Girls

Yay! Fieldtrip!

“HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!” Ellen slammed her palm onto the wall in frustration.

“What the fuck?” She heard from downstairs, shortly followed by the stairs creaking before the door to her bedroom was flung open, revealing a confused Zacky. “What was that about?!”

“My fucking amp’s still in the garage!” She threw herself onto her bed and placed her head in her hands.

“Shit. I say fieldtrip! And we let your mom meet the ‘family’.” Zacky chuckled.

“Sounds like a plan! Let’s a-go-go!” She jumped up off her bed and slid her feed into the Vans that were strategically placed where her feet landed.

“Fieldtrip! Fieldtrip! Fieldtrip!” She exclaimed, bouncing around the living room, where all the guys were currently sitting.

“What the fuck dude?!” Brian asked.

“She needs her amp and we figured we should show her mom what she’s up against if she fucks with Ellie again.” Zacky explained.

“Ooooh! Yay! An ambush!” Jimmy enthused.

“No Jimmy, no.” Ellen laughed as she hauled her guitar into the trunk of the car.

“Why’re you taking your guitar?” Zacky questioned.

“You’re dropping me off at Mikey’s afterwards, duhh.” She rolled her eyes.

“Hello mother.” Ellen said coldly as her mother opened the door. “I don’t believe you’ve met four of these incredibly nice people who are my world. Say hello and give me the garage keys.” Her mother handed the keys over without a fight as she was forced into the living room by the band, leaving Ellen to search the garage for her amp.

Who knew a large black box would take so long to find? Ellen thought she’d be there twenty minutes maximum; it took over an hour to find it. After she found it, she dragged it to Zacky’s car, leaving it on the sidewalk as she locked the garage and went to return the keys to her mother.

As she ventured inside the house for the first time in months, she heard the clunking of footsteps coming from upstairs. She walked into the living room to find her birth mother sitting on the couch with her head in her hands, in silence. She threw the keys at her then made her way towards the clunking.

Standing on the landing, she saw that all the doors were closed except one, her old bedroom.

Nosy fuckers She thought to herself as she set foot in the room she confined herself in for several years. They had taken it upon themselves to squish onto the single bed and wait expectantly.

“What are you doing?” She asked, shaking her head.

“Getting the feel of life BA.” Jimmy explained.

“BA?” Ellen felt confused.

“Before Avenged. It sure did suck, huh?” Johnny asked rhetorically.

“No fucking shit. What did you do to my mother?!”

“Told her a few things. Asked her a few things. Y’know, the usual.” Brian replied vaguely.

“No Brian, I don’t know, that’s why I asked. And could you be anymore vague there?”

“All in good time Ellie, all in good time.” Zacky reassured her.

***

“Ellie! What took you so long?!” Mikey exclaimed as Zacky pulled up outside his house.

“Sorry, we had some business to attend to, concerning my old house.” She explained as Mikey and Ryan engulfed her in a bone shattering hug. “Guys. Need. Air.” She gasped and they released her immediately.

She walked around the car to the trunk and flung it open. She hauled the amp out first as carefully as she could, considering the weight of it, and then her guitar, leaning it against the side of the car as she closed the trunk again. She went to pick up the amp but Mikey got to it before her. She shot a glare at Ryan that he understood to mean Touch my guitar and I kill you before she picked it up and walked round to the drivers side.

“Can one of you pick me up when I call please?” She asked, receiving five nods in response. “Thanks! See ya later!” With this, she turned on her heel and joined Mikey and Ryan in the garage. She unzipped the pocket on the front of her guitar bag and pulled out several pieces of paper, each with music scrawled on it.

“How messy are they?” Ryan asked sceptically as he struggled to understand the drumbeats that Jimmy had written down for him.

“Oh believe me, this is nothing.” She giggled, as strummed a few random chords on her guitar and proceeded to tune it.

“Oh god, how hard is this?” Mikey pointed out, staring wide-eyed at the pieces of paper he was holding. He placed them on the chair next to him as he rested his bass on his knee and began to play it slowly and in a disjointed fashion as he kept his eyes on the paper, feeling around the fret board for the correct frets blindly. Ryan on the other hand was already sat at his drum kit and was playing the opening beats. Fast learner, huh? Ellen was sat on the floor depicting the tabs Brian had written for her in his scruffy handwriting. The impossible task. Though, somehow, she managed it.

Two hours later, she called the guys and they said that someone would be there in about fifteen minutes. They played through the song a few times separately before plugging in the amps and blasting through it, full force. As they finished, a round of applause came from the garage door.

“Holy fuck! How long have you been standing there?!” Ellen exclaimed as she saw the whole band standing there.

“Oh, about seven minutes and eleven seconds.” Matt replied casually. Ellen’s forehead met her palm.

“You memorized the length of your own song? That’s sad.”

“Yeah, but you know you love us really.” Brian smirked.

“Can’t argue with that.” She shrugged.

“Too right you fuckin’ can’t. Ooooh Jelly, I have a plan.”

“A plan, eh? Tell me!”

“In private Jelly, in private. It’s a good plan. I shall tell you shortly. But I can’t tell you here, there are ears everywhere.” He explained dramatically, dragging out the word ‘everywhere’.

“Okay Jimmy. Oh, before I forget, please say you still have the string part for The Wicked End?”

“Obviously. We need it for on stage. Speaking of which, I need to talk to you later.” Matt replied.

“Wow, I feel loved, I’m in demand!” She giggled.

“Indeed you are. Now, can we go? I need to put the plan in action!” Jimmy whined.

“Sure Jimmy, let me just get my stuff.” Once again, she went for the amp but it was nowhere to be seen. She looked out of the garage towards the car and saw Mikey halfway down the path, holding it.