Truth, Lies and Bitchy Girls

New Assertiveness?

“Thanks for listening to me Zack.” Ellen sighed as she finished off her story.

“No problem Ellie, I really don’t like seeing you like this.” Zacky replied.

“I’m surprised you like seeing me at all to be honest.”

“You know you really need to get rid of that attitude.” Zacky said causing Ellen to giggle.

“I really should go home now.” Ellen said sadly.

“You actually wanna go back there? ‘Cause, judging from what you’ve just told me, you hate it and would rather die than live there.” Zacky pointed out.

“That is very true. I may just sleep here tonight.” Ellen decided.

“There’s no way I’m leaving you to sleep here on your own.”

“Well then Einstein, where do you suggest I sleep?” She replied sarcastically.

“My place? Not to sound suggestive or anything. I just really don’t wanna see you go back to your house or sleep out here.” He suggested. As he searched her face for an answer, nothing gave away the response he was about to receive.

“Sure, can’t be any worse than the hell hole I call my home can it? I’ll have to tell my dear mother though.” Ellen answered as she scrunched up her face at the thought of having to ask her mother something.

“D’you want me to talk to her?” He offered.

“Would you?” She asked cautiously.

“Sure, besides it gives me a chance to tell her I’m not a murderer or rapist or something similar to that.” Zacky chuckled.

“You know what? I honestly don’t think that she would care that you’re a rapist, she’d just let me go off with you anyway, she tends not to give a damn. But she would kill me if I just wandered off all night and didn’t tell her where I was.” She confessed.

“Wow, what a family you got there. Well, I think that we should get our asses over to your house so you can get your stuff ‘cause it’s starting to get kinda cold out here.”

“Sounds like a plan, Batman.” She said, before breaking into a fit of giggles.

“M’kay what the actual fuck?”

“If you’ve never seen Batman, you wouldn’t understand and have not lived a full life yet.” She explained.

“Moving on from that…interesting…experience, lets go face your mom and get this over with.” Zacky said before pulling her up off the sand and wrapping his arm around her shoulder before she directed him back off the beach towards her house.

****

As she opened the front door cautiously, she was immediately met by her mother standing there looking murderous.

“WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG LADY?!”

“Ermm I’ve been at the beach.” Ellen stuttered.

“AND WHO THE FUCK IS THIS?!” Her mother demanded ignoring what she had just told her.

“This is Zacky; I’m staying at his tonight. I don’t give a flying fuck whether you approve or not, I’m gonna anyway.” Ellen bit back with sudden confidence in what she was saying. She barged past her mother, who had a look of pure shock on her face, and raced up the stairs to her bedroom. She rapidly stuffed everything she needed into a small holdall and ran back downstairs, not wishing to subject Zacky to her mothers wrath for longer than was needed.

“Well mother,” Ellen started, adding as much venom as was possible into her speech, “I’ll see you whenever, or maybe never.” After she finished, she grabbed Zacky’s arm and flounced out of the door, slamming it shut behind them.

“Where’d that assertiveness come from?” Zacky asked her as they reached the end of her street.

“To be truthful, I have no fucking idea. But avenge my death, ‘cause when I go back there, they will most probably kill me for acting like that.” She joked.

“Don’t worry Ellie; you don’t have to go back there if you really don’t wanna. But I should warn you, I tend to have people walk into my house without warning at anytime of the day.” He said, re-assuring her.

“Anytime of the day? This could be interesting…” She said, trailing off as they reached the end of the pathway leading up to Zacky’s house. “Holy mother of fuck, your house is huge!”

“You’d better believe it Ellie ‘cause you’re gonna be here a while.” After he had announced this, Ellen looked at him in a state of shock. “What? You think I’d let you stay there with them?”

“Zacky, I don’t wanna cause you any trouble.” Ellen sighed.

“Like you could ever cause me any trouble Ellie, you’re staying and that’s the end of it.”

“I’m not gonna even try and argue ‘cause I know I’m not gonna win.” She said, admitting defeat.

“Ha! Good, ‘cause I’d have to get Elwin over here if you tried to argue and that would just be funny.”

“Noooooooo! Save me from the wrath of Elwin! I must find a corner and cower!” She joked.

“I’ll tell him that tomorrow. But now you look tired and seeing as I don’t have a guest room made up, you’re sleeping in my room tonight and I’ll sleep on the couch.” Zacky announced.

“No way, I’ll sleep on the couch. I’m not gonna throw you out of your own room!” Ellen argued.

“Remember what I said about arguing and Elwin?” Zacky said, raising his eyebrow slightly. This caused Ellen to rethink her argument slightly.

“Fine! But only because you threatened me with Elwin. Again!” She said, shaking her head.

“Thought you’d say that. And now dear Ellie, I will show you to where you shall be sleeping.” Zacky said, grabbing her hand and leading her up the staircase.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i took so long to update, my computor broke at home so the internet didn't work
and i'm having to use the computor at the library to do this ><