Status: i update when i feel like it

Even If You Don't

Let Me Show You Something New

Mari's POV

"We've got four very special guests coming up after the break and you won't want to miss this interview," Ryan Seacrest announced just before sending the radio show to commercials. He motioned for my band and I to come into the room so we could get ready.

"'Very special guests'?" I smiled, sitting down on the chair closest to him and putting the headphones on.

"You're too nice to us, Ryan," Kaylynn giggled, taking the seat beside me while Kenzie and Vanessa sat down as well.

"What can I say? I'm a fan," he laughed.

"Ryan Seacrest is a fan of our band," Vanessa sighed dramatically, "I never thought I'd see the day."

"Don't weird him out, Ness," Kenzie grinned, "We might never be invited back."

"Oh, stop," he replied, "I'd have you on the show every week if I could."

"We'd be on every week if we could," I smiled.

"We're on in 10, guys," someone from the other side of the window said and we waited until the 'ON AIR' light in the room went green.

"We are now joined by Lost and Found!" Ryan beamed, starting the interview, "Hello, ladies!

"Hi!" I cheered in unison with my band mates.

"Why don't you all introduce yourselves for those who don't know you?"

Kenzie was the first to start off: "I'm Kenzie and I am lead vocals and guitar."

Vanessa went next: "My name is Vanessa and I play lead guitar and backing vocals."

Then Kaylynn: "I'm Kaylynn and I play bass as well as sing."

And finally, me: "I'm Mari, I am the drummer, and I sing when I feel like it."

"We're so glad you had time to come on the show today!" Ryan grinned, "We were worried you wouldn't be able to fly out to LA!"

"Thank you for having us!" I chirped, "But yeah, we had to do some promo shoots anyway and the scheduling just worked out perfectly for us to stop by."

"Oh, yeah! Congratulations, by the way! We heard that you guys recently were recruited to be 5 Seconds of Summer's opening act for Sounds Live Feels Live," Ryan smiled, "How did you react when you heard the news?"

"I nearly threw up, to be honest," Kenzie laughed.

"We were actually playing a show at the time," I chuckled fondly at the memory, "There were about 150 people in the crowd and our manager just came out and completely stopped the show and told us that their management called to tell us we were on the tour. We had to stop the show for like, 10 minutes just because we couldn't stop crying."

"Yeah," Vanessa grinned, "We're really honored that 5SOS actually want us on tour with them and we're really excited."

"Now, we feel like one of you might be a little more excited than the rest," Ryan smirked.

"Mari!" my band mates exclaimed.

"Thanks for throwing me under the bus there, guys," I rolled your eyes, feeling my cheeks get progressively hotter.

"It's not like you make it any secret that you're in love with Calum Hood," Kaylynn scoffed.

"In love is such a strong phrase..."

"A strong phrase that you use every day," Kenzie giggled.

"Whatever you say, Mrs. Irwin," I smirked, making her eyes widen.

Ryan chuckled, "The reason I bring it up is because we actually interviewed the 5SOS boys a couple days ago and we thought we'd play a little bit of it for you right now." We nodded and he played back a portion for us.

"Oh, yeah," Ashton said, "We're super excited to have Lost and Found on tour with us! We listen to their stuff all the time and it gets us really pumped up before shows and everything." All of our eyes widened slightly at knowing the band listened to our music before going onstage – because, in all honestly, we listened to theirs before shows. "We're just really happy that they're able to join us for the tour!"

"With them being an all-girl group, do you think they'll have any trouble fitting in at all?" Ryan asked them.

"Definitely not," Michael chuckled, "They'll probably have us terrified of them in the first ten minutes." I smiled proudly at the comment, fist bumping Kaylynn since she was sitting right next to me.

"Any non-tour related things you plan on doing? I know you guys travel the world a lot, so do you think you would go out exploring with any of them and things like that?"

"I would love to go exploring with their drummer," Calum chuckled, "She seems like a tough girl to keep up with, but I think I could handle her." I put my hands on my cheeks for a moment before rapidly pointing to yourself.

"That's me!" I beamed while the girls made quiet gagging sounds as the interview played on.

"You only want to go with her because you think she's cute," you could hear Michael's smirk.

"Are you suggesting she isn't?" Calum shot back, an obvious playful tone in his voice.

"Why would I be suggesting she isn't?" he scoffed, "You're the one that's in love with her."

I pursed my lips together to hide my grin, but I couldn't keep the bright red cheeks from giving me away. Ryan stopped the recording and everyone looked at me.

"How are you feeling now?" he chuckled. I simply laughed.

"All I'm gonna say is everyone's opinions change as soon as they get to know me," I shrugged.

The interview went on and when it was nearing the end, the question I was expecting finally came up. My three band mates were from the UK and I was American, which made a lot of interviewers ask the same questions over and over again.

"I'm sure you get asked this a lot, Mari," Ryan said, making me smile as I already knew what was going to come out of his mouth next, "You're originally from here – America, that is – but how is it coming from the states to a different country?"

"It was pretty easy," I nodded, "I mean, I just moved to London, so I didn't have to learn a new language or anything and I was pretty relieved about that-" I laughed lightly as did everyone else. "-I've found that it's... I wouldn't say easier to get into the music industry, but it's less difficult to get your name out there in the UK than it is here. You obviously still have to work really hard and prove that you're actually serious about music, but I feel like it's not as..." I trailed off, trying to find the right word.

"Intense," Vanessa chimed in.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I nodded quickly, glancing at her, "It's definitely not as intense as it is in this country. You know, America is always going to be home, but I think it was just time for me to move on and try something new."

"Well, I think that something new turned out as a huge success for you girls," Ryan smiled, to which we happily agreed. "So, before we let you out of here, you guys are going to be performing a song for us, yeah?"

"Yup!" Kenzie chirped, "We're doing an acoustic version of Hit and Run."

"Alright, let's hear it!" he beamed. We got up and headed across the room.

~

"That was Lost and Found with their new single Hit and Run," Ryan said into his microphone, "You can catch them on the UK, US, and Australian legs of the Sounds Live Feels Live tour with 5 Seconds of Summer starting April 5th. Tickets are available now on both bands' websites." He turned back to us, "It was a pleasure having you, ladies. We'll see you again soon."

"Thank you!" we smiled in unison, each of us giving him a hug as another member of the station turned on the commercials.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Something New" by Set It Off

DAMN DANIELLE, BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH A NEW FANFIC

is that joke dead. i feel like it might be dead. but i'm always late so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sorry if this was terrible, it's been a while since i've written a fic

for reference or in case you're just curious/don't know, mari is pronounced like mah-ree

i hope ppl read this lmao

Outfits (if you care):
Mari: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=210899490
Kaylynn: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=210900005
Kenzie: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=210899760
Vanessa: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=210899927