Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Deadly Knives and Permanent Scars

Sorcer Night

I watched in silence as the boy walked to the school with a girl. I swear I've seen him before... Matt groaned and glared up at me. "You're lucky if you have Jasper on your side... That teen is insane and everyone is afraid of him. Which means everyone will be scared of you." My eyes widen and I feel blood trickle down my cheek.

I take this chance to run to the school, away from Matt. I walk to my locker and open it, looking at my reflection in the little mirror I have. God, the cut looks hideous... How am I supposed to explain this to my Mom? I let out a sigh and close my locker back up. I walk myself to the clinic and stop in my tracks. I don't have a pass... She's not going to care if I'm dying. It's worth a shot.

I walked inside the room and the nurse looked up. Her eyes caught sight of the cut and she gasped. "My boy! What happened to your cheek?" she asked, concerned. "I fell?" I lied. She folded her arms across her chest. "Really now? Falling gives people a nasty, perfectly horizontal cut on their face?" I groan. "Okay, fine! It was a bully." I said.

She frowned and got a big bandage out. "I'm sorry to hear that Hun. Let's get that taken care of and I'll let you rest here till lunch, how about that?" I smiled slightly. "Thanks nurse. I appreciate it..." She placed the big bandage on my cheek and I gasped in pain. "I'm no real doctor, but that should stop the bleeding. You might want to go see a real doctor about that cut."

I laid on one of the leather beds they have and thought. If this Jasper guy is really as bad as Matt says he is, why would he step in and help me? Why am I so special to him? What makes me different than other kids? I should try talking to him to see if I can get to know him better.

-----------------

Lunch rolled around and I left the Clinic. I went to the lunch room, looking around for Jasper. I gave up and walked outside to go sit under my tree, when I heard a voice hiss "fuck" over and over again. I turn around and sure enough, it was Jasper. He looked different though; he seemed distraught... "Are you okay?" I ask, sincerity in my voice.

He looked up and his eyes narrowed slightly. His hand was reaching for his pocket and I froze. Matt said he was dangerous, and I saw him pick up Matt's knife. Oh God! He's going to hurt me... His hand fell and he looked to the ground. "I don't need you're fucking help." he hissed and walked away. I stood there, frozen. Did he seriously contemplate on hurting me? Why would he help me then?

I decided to skip the rest of the day and go home. Mom isn't going to find out, right? If so, what's the worse she's going to do? I walked into my house and I saw a note on the counter.

We need to have a talk when I get home.
XOXO Mom


I let out a sigh and my eyes catch an open drawer. I walk over and look inside and spot cigarettes. I bring my hand up to my bandaged cheek and my eyes narrow. I take out two cigarettes and the lighter and walk out to my porch. I sit down and perch the cigarette in my mouth and light it. I inhale the intoxicating nicotine and blow out the smoke.

I do this a few more times before I see Jasper walking down the street. He looks up at me and I glare at him. "You shouldn't push people away that want to help you. That's how you end up alone." I hiss and stomp out my cigarette and walked inside. The nerve of him! It's like he's following me or something. Unless he lives down this way. I shake my head and curse under my breath when I realized I left the lighter and the unlit cigarette outside.