Status: Who said you can't love a celebrity? Love Has No Limits

Love Has No Limits

[Act 1 Scene 1]

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Yohan! Yohan! come here!

YOHAN - Yes sir, what is it?

PROFESSOR DIVARO - I have a challenge and an opportunity to give you. You have to use and complete them by the end of the long two month break.

YOHAN - Hmm...Ok sir.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - That's a good sport. Which one would you like to hear first, opportunity or challenge?

YOHAN - Maybe the Challenge.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Good choice! now you know very well that you're an excellent music student right?

YOHAN - I can't say that because I'm not the professor or the judge.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Ho ho ho! I like this modesty. I'm saying that you're an excellent music student.

YOHAN - Oh, t-thanks sir!

PROFESSOR DIVARO - You play the guitar, piano and keyboard really well.

YOHAN - Thanks sir.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Which is why I'm taking your learning to the next level, and this is where the challenge comes in. I want you to compose your "own" song!

YOHAN - W-What? m-me composing my o-own song? I don't think I can do this sir.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Oh come on, it's not that hard. You already have the brains and experience behind playing every instrument properly. Now all that's left for you is applying your creative mind to compose a song.

YOHAN - But sir won't it be hard? It might take more than 2 months.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Listen Yohan, I've seen you during your practice sessions. You know very well yourself that you have a good ear, meaning you can pick up a song melody within 30 seconds just by listening to it. Let me tell you one thing, only 1 in a million musicians have this gift, and by god's grace you have it. Those who acquire this gift take 1 month or even 20 days to compose, whereas the others who don't take more than 2 months like you said. You can do it.

YOHAN - Ok sir, i-if you insist.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - That's a good sport! I know you can do it, and here's the good part about this challenge. You can pick any genre or scale to compose your song, it's your choice. You have all the freedom in the world to compose as you wish, in the end of the 2 months you have to present the melody to me to check it. After that we will have one of our students sing it. You get to pick who you want to sing your song because it's your composition.

YOHAN - Ok sir, what's the opportunity?

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Oh yes that! you'll love the opportunity part even more. Have you been to a concert before?

YOHAN - Actually no..I haven't.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - You haven't? in all your life? and yet you are an excellent music student? by golly you'll improve so much just by attending this concert.

YOHAN - Is the opportunity attending a concert?

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Yes! it's Sandy's live concert. I know very well that you love her songs.

YOHAN - Yes, I do love her songs very much, but I haven't had a glimpse of her appearance yet.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Which is why I got you a complimentary ticket to watch her concert. You'll be sitting at the front row.

YOHAN - Wait front row? aren't the front row tickets expensive? how did you get them as a complimentary ticket?

PROFESSOR DIVARO - I told the organizers that I'm reserving a ticket for my music student here at Lasalle. They told me that art students get a complimentary ticket. I picked front row especially for you.

YOHAN - Thanks sir! I'll definitely see the concert.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - You better, not only won't you enjoy the front row experience but you'll also be able to observe how she sings using the correct pitch and voice strain. Things to consider when composing a song for someone to sing.

YOHAN - Ok.

PROFESSOR DIVARO - Well then, looks like everyone else has gone to enjoy their break. Despite giving you the challenge, don't forget to enjoy your break. Creative minds only work when in peace and happiness. To attain that you must remember to relax! See you after the break Yohan!

YOHAN - Bye Professor! Let's see, Sandy's Live Concert...Suntec City.....Concert Hall 5...Front row....Seat no: 11....February 14th. Hold on, February 14th is tomorrow, which is also Valentines Day.

[Act 1 Scene 2]

YOHAN - Who's calling me, Hello?

PHILIPPE - Hello Yohan? it's me Philippe!

YOHAN - Oh hi Philippe! how are you?

PHILIPPE - Good as usual, I called to ask whether you're free tonight.

YOHAN - I'm going to see Sandy's Concert tonight.

PHILIPPE - Oh wow! Sandy's concert. She's an amazing singer, hope you enjoy the concert!

YOHAN - Why did you have plans for us tonight?

PHILIPPE - Well, I kind of booked the ballroom at Raffles Hotel for couples Night. It's Valentines Day y'know? time to get down with our girls.

YOHAN - Oh Couples Night.

PHILIPPE - Yes and I thought of inviting you too but looks like you had other plans.

YOHAN - You didn't have to invite me, it's couples night not friends night. You and the others can enjoy the night, if I come anyways I'll be all alone because I don't have a girl.

PHILIPPE - Oh don't say that Yohan, I'm not inviting you to experience love depression. I wanted to invite you so that you don't feel left out.

YOHAN - Even if I do show up, I'll be left out because I don't have a girl. You don't need to feel sad for me, my perfect girl is out there. We're both searching for each other, I'm pretty sure she'll come soon.

PHILIPPE - You've been saying that for 2 years and nothing has happened.

YOHAN - Love doesn't follow time, love follows what's in our heart. It's the same with destiny following our passion. Time is just a frame to indicate how slow or fast we are.

PHILIPPE - Well, ok then! Bye.

YOHAN - Bye! Now where was I? oh yes getting ready for the concert.

[Act 1 Scene 3]

YOHAN - Front row...Seat no: 11. Here it is, wow just look at the stage: Drums, Guitars, Triangle, Keyboard, and shakers. This'll be a good concert!

SANDY - Hi everyone!! I'm glad to be here in Singapore! are you all ready to have fun?!

ALL - YES!!!

SANDY - That's good! I love the atmosphere here! the crowd, the stage, everything's perfect. I can't wait to entertain you all!

(Concert Performance)

[Act 2 Scene 1]

YOHAN - Oh my god! I-I don't know what to say. I finally saw her, there was a missing piece in my heart and now it's full. What's it called again? Love! that's it! I'm in love! I've never fallen for such mesmerizing beauty, elegance, positivity and sweet voice. Could she be the one I've been searching for? Is she the one that would make my life complete?

[Act 2 Scene 2]

YOHAN - Gosh I can't seem to sleep, Sandy's messing with my dreams and thoughts! I really can't stop smiling or being this extremely happy. I feel like I can cross the 7 skies and skii the 100 mountains. Yes! she is the one that would complete my life. But wait she's a celebrity, and what am I: Just one of her million fans. Oh no now why did I think of that now, now I feel so sick in the stomach. Now I feel like grabbing hold of her to be with me! I'll just sleep, dreaming our first meeting at the concert.

[Act 3 Scene 1]

PHILIPPE - Hey Yohan! How was the concert?

YOHAN - Yes it was awesome! I really enjoyed it, how was couples night.

PHILIPPE - Yeah it was good, not really lively though. Since it was couples night we could only slow-dance for an hour. Couple of people had enough of dancing slowly to the music, others slept while dancing and their partner was stunned to see that happen. Not very lovely you see.

YOHAN - I can tell, you guys should try having more activites at couples night. Instead of slow-dancing the entire time, have couple games and stuff. You know what I'm saying?

PHILIPPE - Yes I get your point. Man, why didn't I think of that?

YOHAN - It's ok, just consider my points for next time.

PHILIPPE - Sure, how about you? anything interesting happened at the concert?

YOHAN - Lately I'm feeling too happy and jolly after the concert.

PHILIPPE - Too happy and jolly? everyone's meant to be happy and jolly. What do you mean by too happy and jolly?

YOHAN - I can't stop smiling or being happy all the time.

PHILIPPE - This just got creepier, good thing we're talking on the phone. I would've ran away looking at your psychopathic face. When did this happen?

YOHAN - At the concert.

PHILIPPE - More specific, what point of time at the concert. Was it because of the music?

YOHAN - Before the concert started I was normal. When Sandy showed up on stage in front of me it happened. I was front row, so it had a stronger effect on me.

PHILIPPE - OHHH! Yohan! you seriously don't know what it is? how did you feel after the concert?

YOHAN - I felt like I could cross the 7 skies. I felt like a piece of me was complete.

PHILIPPE - LOVE!! You're in love Yohan!

YOHAN - Yes I know that Philippe hahaha!

PHILIPPE - Wait what? you knew this entire time that you were in love?

YOHAN - Well yeah!

PHILIPPE - Man you could've told me directly you were in love, instead of taking up 2 minutes of this chat.

YOHAN - I was just messing with you.

PHILIPPE - Well hope you got what you wanted. So? is she the perfect girl you were talking about?

YOHAN - I've decided it, she's the one.

PHILIPPE - Love's perspective it's acceptable, in reality she's a celebrity and you're just her fan.

YOHAN - Don't say that Philippe, remember how I told you the other day that love doesn't follow time?

PHILIPPE - Yes, what about it?

YOHAN - Love doesn't follow reality either. Love is totally different from reality! Reality requires following rules and regulations. Love doesn't have rules and regulations, we all have absolute freedom to love people of our choice. This automatically makes love a fantasy.

PHILIPPE - Fantasy conveys messages that are difficult or impossible to achieve in reality. This is reality, the chances of you getting her under your wing is one in ten thousand.

YOHAN - Again I don't look at my chances, time or reality. I go by what my heart says, and my heart says it's aching for Sandy.

PHILIPPE - What are you saying?

YOHAN - I will get that girl. I swear upon love that I will win her over somehow.

PHILIPPE - Well ok then, obviously you're having those love-struck crazy talks now. Go on, we'll see if she comes to couples night with you next time.

YOHAN - You just wait and see. I will get that girl, I don't care if she's a celebrity or a poor girl. This is love!

[Act 3 Scene 2]

YOHAN - That was some emotional talk with Philippe. Maybe he's right I'm probably going through those crazy love-struck talks, but I'm right too. I will do my best to get her under my wing. It'll probably take long but as long as she's here nothing will stop me!

(Opens Facebook)

YOHAN - Oh what's this? "Sandy's Challenge@Singapore! Compose a melody with lyrics, send it to Sandy. Winner spends a day with Sandy!" Oh my god, what did I just read! am I hallucinating? let me go wash my face. Yes it's true! she is having a challenge. The deadline is in 20 days. Hold on a second, my challenge is composing a song. Why not have Sandy sing my song and share it with everyone at college. Maybe I could release it to public and earn fame, then she would like me. Oh my I can't wait! I'm going to start composing right now.

(Composing on his piano)

[Act 3 Scene 3]

YOHAN - Yes! I've finally composed my own song. The key scales and notes are correct, lyrics are accurate and appropriate. Genre is pop, now all that's left is to send the recording file to Sandy. Now then Sandy's facebook page...Upload recording....Recorded by Yohan (Lasalle music student)...POST!

(Posted)

YOHAN - Woah! looks like I'm the only one who has posted my composition. Professor's right, I really am gifted. By the time they send their composition it would be more than 20 days. Better not under-estimate my competitors, there are a whole lot of musicians out there in the competition.

[Act 4 Scene 1]

YOHAN - It's 6:30am, who's calling me this early in the morning? Hello?

SANDY - Hello is this Yohan?

YOHAN - Yes this Yohan? who's speaking?

SANDY - I'm part of Sistic. Right now I have an important thing to tell you.

YOHAN - Ok what is it?

SANDY - You have won "Sandy's Challenge". Sandy loved your composition and wants you to meet her at Suntec City by 7:30am.

YOHAN - Wait what? I-I won the challenge! Sandy chose my song!

SANDY - Yes sir, and she's waiting for you at Suntec City. Come quick.

YOHAN - Oh god! I can't b-believe I won! what were the chances of this happening? Professor did say I'm an excellent music student. Within the campus? maybe not Singapore itself, look now I'm going to see Sandy face to face. This is already the biggest dream come true. What was the prize again? Spending a day with her! I'm actually going to spend a day with my idol, my dream girl. Could this day get any better?

[Act 4 Scene 2]

YOHAN - Where is she? where is she? Oh there she is!

SANDY - I'm very glad to announce the winner of the challenge. Can we have drum roll please.

(Drum roll)

SANDY - The winner is....Yohan!

YOHAN - Oh dear..I'm having goosebumps all over. I'm literally shivering. Put yourself together Yohan, don't wet your pants! don't wet your pants!

SANDY - You're Yohan right?

YOHAN - Y-Y-Yes I-I'm Yohan.

SANDY - Congratulations Yohan (Shakes hand) how does it feel to win?

YOHAN - I-I really don't know what to say, I'm really happy that a professional singer likes my song. I haven't showed my song to anyone, I directly sent it to her and she accepted it.

SANDY - That's wonderful to hear. To all the other contestants you too did an awesome job. It was a tough choice to make as all the compositions were mind-blowing!

[Act 4 Scene 3]

SANDY - Come with me Yohan, we have an entire day ahead of us.

YOHAN - O-Ok ma'am!

(enter limo)

SANDY - Well how do you like it?

YOHAN - L-Like what ma'am?

SANDY - The limo, most importantly the pride of winning?

YOHAN - I-I've already said it to everyone at Suntec City. Now I'm simply speechless ma'am.

SANDY - Hmm...Good! by the way you don't need to call me ma'am, call me by my name Sandy.

YOHAN - B-But I'm younger than you by 6 years. It's more respectful to say ma'am.

SANDY - Not exactly, I like it when I'm called by my stage name. Otherwise I feel old when called ma'am.

YOHAN - O-Ok, S-S-Sandy?

SANDY - That's my name! you said it! hey why are feeling nervous? come on have fun!

YOHAN - I-I don't know Sandy, I'm happy because I'm spending a day with you, same time I feel nervous because it's happening quickly. I saw you for the first time at the concert on Valentines day, now I'm already spending time with you.

SANDY - A huge dream come true! we both have an entire day ahead of us to get to know each other, share experiences and so on. Are you excited?

YOHAN - Yes, I'm very excited.

[Act 4 Scene 4]

SANDY - Well here we are, this is my house.

YOHAN - Wow it's so big, I like it.

SANDY - Yes it's good since it's a big house, same time it's also boring because only I live in this big place. Not much people come and go here except for my 3 friends who come every evening.

YOHAN - Oh.

SANDY - Well, today that won't be an issue because you'll be here with me!

YOHAN - Yes you're right.

SANDY - Ok now tell me, what would you like to do?

YOHAN - Well uh-

SANDY - Oh one more thing, in an hours time I have to go to a studio to practice singing my new song. It'll only take about 45 minutes.

YOHAN - Oh ok, who's the composer? I'll come with you.

SANDY - The composer probably won't allow outsiders to enter the studio because he or she will spoil the surprise about the new song.

YOHAN - Don't worry, I'm a music student at Lasalle arts college. I just want to come and observe how things work at a music studio, learn how to work voice controls etc.

SANDY - Oh nice! you're a music student, even better!

YOHAN - Even better?

SANDY - I'll elaborate, I love music more than anything. "Music is my life" if I put it in simple words. If you look at my playlist you can see a wide range of songs from classical to rock, pop, jazz etc.

YOHAN - Oh ok.

SANDY - And since you're a music student it'll be a way better experience. You could show-off your talent to the composer!

YOHAN - That'll be great! who's the composer again?

SANDY - Oh yeah! that'll be of suspense for now. You'll be in great joy when you see him. Speaking of music what instrument do you play?

YOHAN - Oh me? I play the guitar, piano and keyboard.

SANDY - Amazing! tell me more about yourself.

YOHAN - Well there's nothing really to say, I love music almost the same way as you do.

SANDY - Almost the same as I do?

YOHAN - I personally don't like heavy metal.

SANDY - You too! wow something we have in common. I don't really like extreme heavy metal.

YOHAN - Yeah because I feel the singers put more effort into screaming that singing.

SANDY - Hahahaha! you flatter me.

YOHAN - Really? I did?

SANDY - It's true what you said. It was funny when you said it.

YOHAN - Oh, OH haha! anything else about you?

SANDY - Nothing much though. Just carrying on with my music career and entertaining the audience.

YOHAN - Nice.

SANDY - Oh would you like anything to eat or drink?

YOHAN - Oh no I'm fine.

SANDY - Come on, it's going to be a long day?

YOHAN - Well maybe a cup of water.

SANDY - Rita! a cup of water please! anything else Yohan?

YOHAN - No thanks I'm fine.

SANDY - Well then, I'll get ready for the practice session. If you want you can take a tour around my house.

[Act 4 Scene 5]

YOHAN - Ok sure, well then here I am: In Sandy's house...Celebrity's house. Yesterday I was at my old ordinary house, here I am in the leading singer's house having a cup of water and talking with her. Goosebumps are coming again! I can't take the suspense, who is that composer?!

RITA - Your water?

YOHAN - Oh thanks! now where was I? oh yes Sandy. I'm deeply in love with her, and the only way for this to work out is if I get close to her. I only have this day to get close to her. Should I reveal my love today? no she'll immediately reject me and think I'm a joker. I'll do whatever it takes to have her accept me as a friend or just a special guest. She's coming! act normal!

SANDY - Hey I'm ready! you had your cup of water?

YOHAN - Y-Yes Sandy.

SANDY - Shall we make a move?

YOHAN - Sure.

[Act 4 Scene 6]

SANDY - Well here we are, this is the studio!

YOHAN - JC Studios?

SANDY - JC is the composer's initial. Can you guess who it is?

YOHAN - Hmm...is it Jay Clinton?

SANDY - Let's see if you're right.

JAY CLINTON - Hey Sandy you ready for practice?

YOHAN - Oh my god!! it it's Jay Clinton! I'm right! I-I can't believe he's actually in front of me!

JAY CLINTON - Sandy who's he? I thought I told you that outsiders aren't allowed.

SANDY - No sir he's a music student from Lasalle arts college. He won my music challenge and he gets to spend a day with me, he's very eager to learn how things work in the studio.

JAY CLINTON - Oh I see, this lucky man's spending the day with you right?

SANDY - Yes sir.

JAY CLINTON - What's your name sonny?

YOHAN - Y-Y-Yohan sir, I love your songs sir.

JAY CLINTON - That's what they all say. Well have a seat and I'll show you how things work around here.

YOHAN - T-Thanks.

JAY CLINTON - What instrument do you play?

YOHAN - Keyboard, Piano and the Guitar.

JAY CLINTON - Good! really good! a multi-talented musician I see. If you don't mind we'll begin our practice, I'll show you the studio functions afterwards.

YOHAN - Sure sir.
  1. Love Has No Limits (Part Two)
    Continuation from what happened in "Love Has No Limits" Part One.
  2. Love Has No Limits (Part Three)
    Continuation from what happened in "Love Has No Limits" Part Two.
  3. Love Has No Limits (Part Four)
    Continuation from what happened in "Love Has No Limits" Part Three.