Status: Who said you can't love a celebrity? Love Has No Limits

Love Has No Limits

Love Has No Limits (Part Three)

[Act 6 Scene 1]

SANDY - (Yawns) Well then I've rehearsed the lyrics for his song really well. Now all that's left is to call Yohan over and record this. But wait I want this to be surprise, how about this, I don't call Yohan over but use another composer to record my singing. That way when it's out to public Yohan will realize my gift to him!

[Act 6 Scene 2]

JAY CLINTON - Hey Sandy what brings you here this time?

SANDY - Sir do you still remember Yohan?

JAY CLINTON - Oh yes, that talented musician who won your challenge right? I remember him.

SANDY - I accepted him as a friend, and had him help me with my songs.

JAY CLINTON - You mean to say that he helped you with our song way before the recording deadline?

SANDY - Yes sir.

JAY CLINTON - That's amazing! you've taken the right decision to have him as a friend.

SANDY - I know sir, which is why I want to repay him.

JAY CLINTON - Repay him? how?

SANDY - Yohan composed the winning melody in my music challenge. I want to sing his song and release it to public.

JAY CLINTON - Sounds good! what do you want me to do?

SANDY - Well I want to make this song release a surprise for Yohan.

JAY CLINTON - So you want me to record your singing and release it to public.

SANDY - Yes.

JAY CLINTON - And give credits to Yohan?

SANDY - Um..Yes sir? y-you're ok with that right?

JAY CLINTON - Of course! I was just messing with you. What are we waiting for, lets start!

(singing)

JAY CLINTON - Well that went quick.

SANDY - I rehearsed his song overnight.

JAY CLINTON - Did you atleast get proper sleep?

SANDY - Of course sir! I just woke up early to practice. What do you think of his song?

JAY CLINTON - I love it! I have a feeling this will become a sensational hit.

SANDY - Really?

JAY CLINTON - I'm waiting for the day he enters as a music composer to compete with us. Just to say, this song might as well be added to your "Hits playlist".

SANDY - You really think so? I loved his melody when I first heard it. I can't wait to hear the audience responses.

JAY CLINTON - Well shall we release it now?

SANDY - Yes sir.

(Click - Released to public)

[Act 6 Scene 3]

SANDY - (on the phone) Hello Yohan?

YOHAN - Hello? i-is this Sandy?

SANDY - Yes it's me! I have surprise for you.

YOHAN - Y-you do? w-what is it?

SANDY - Come to my place, you're going to love it.

YOHAN - Sure.

[Act 6 Scene 4]

YOHAN - Hey Sandy!

SANDY - Hey! come on in!

YOHAN - You told me you have a surprise for me, what is it?

SANDY - Sit on the couch with me.

YOHAN - (nervous) Ok?

SANDY - (turn on the TV) now lets see, MTV!

YOHAN - The surprise is MTV?

SANDY - Hold on for a second, your surprise will come!

MTV - Hello music lovers! you're watching Recent Releases on MTV. Just 5 hours ago a new song sung by Sandy got released!

YOHAN - The surprise is your song?

SANDY - Not just my song, your song too!

YOHAN - My song?

MTV - We all know that Sandy's fame comes from famous composers like Emcee and JC, this time she has recorded a song composed by a newcomer called Yohan-

YOHAN - Yohan!! me??

SANDY - Uh-uh, this is just the beginning. Wait till you see what happens.

YOHAN - But I didn't record a song with you.

MTV - Sandy hosted her music challenge quite recently over the past days. The winner of the contest was Yohan, she was so into the song that she decided to record her singing for his song and release it to public!

YOHAN - R-Really? I-I never recorded one with you.

SANDY - Listen to the song.

MTV - Music Lovers, Sandy Lovers and Youth's I bring you Sandy's new song "Come to me". (Plays the song)

(Yohan and Sandy are stunned and show excited reactions).

MTV - What an amazing song that was, surely this song will become a hit because it has already got 3 million views on youtube along with 5600 likes.

YOHAN - W-What! 3-3 million v-views? 5-5600 l-likes? how did you do this?

SANDY - It's a long story. You know very well how much you've helped me over the past days right?

YOHAN - I-I can't say that, only you can.

SANDY - hahahaa! you flatter me, but yes you have been of great help for me. So I decided to give you a reward, I rehearsed your song yesterday after you left. I didn't want you to record the song because I wanted it to be a surprise, JC was kind enough to record my singing for the song and release it through your credits.

YOHAN - W-Wow, y-you d-did that all f-for me?

SANDY - Of course Yohan! we're friends. Friends help one another, I repaid your big favour with your very first hit. This can be your ticket to becoming a composer.

YOHAN - I-I really am s-speachless now.

SANDY - Oh don't Yohan. In fact this was not just to repay you, I really loved your composition when I first heard it. I myself felt that you should get more credit for your work and decided to open it to public.

YOHAN - T-Thanks Sandy! I'm probably going to need a walking stick.

SANDY - For what?

YOHAN - To walk back home with, I'm literally shivering all over.

SANDY - hahahahaa!

YOHAN - Flattered?

SANDY - Uh-uh. Well that was the surprise, did you like it?

YOHAN - I loved you. No no no, what I was meant to say was I loved it. Yes I loved it, Bye!

SANDY - Bye! (giggles)

[Act 6 Scene 5]

CARA - (on the phone) Hey Sandy!

SANDY - Oh hey Cara.

CARA - Well? did you give him a reward in return?

SANDY - Yep.

CARA - Really? what did you give him?

SANDY - Did you hear my new song which got released today?

CARA - Yes, it was an amazing song! who composed it?

SANDY - It was Yohan.

CARA - Yohan? y-you mean our Yohan?

SANDY - Yes, that was the reward. The song you just mentioned was the melody he composed and sent in as the winning entry in my music challenge. I made sure he got recognized for his talent.

CARA - Good job baby! that's the way to do it, did Yohan like it?

SANDY - He was shocked at first when he heard it on TV. Soon after I told him, he was pretty much speechless, but in joy not sorrow.

CARA - He'll slowly get used to it, because he's your music partner.

SANDY - You're right, poor guy he still doesn't understand how things work with me.

CARA - Slow down Sandy, remember it's only been a few days since your friendship kicked off. Don't rush things, give him time to settle in.

SANDY - Ok, bye!

CARA - Bye!

[Act 7 Scene 1]

YOHAN - Hello?

SANDY - Hello? it's me Sandy. Can you come over to my place now? I have some urgent news to tell you.

YOHAN - Why not say it now? then time won't be wasted.

SANDY - No I mean, face-to-face. It's really important.

YOHAN - S-Sure, I'll come! (drops the call) what does she have to tell me very urgently face-to-face? maybe she wants to tell her love to me! oh god that's it! maybe that's why she wants to talk face-to-face with me. Who's calling me this time? Hello?

PHILIPPE - Hello? it's me Philippe.

YOHAN - Oh, it's you. What's this about?

PHILIPPE - Nothing really, it's just that you've been silent lately. I just want to check on you to see whether things are going good.

YOHAN - Oh, yes I'm fine.

PHILIPPE - You're fine? what have you been up to lately?

YOHAN - Oh nothing, just helping my friend with a song.

PHILIPPE - Helping your friend with a song? who is it?

YOHAN - Someone from my class, she's doing a recital pretty soon and wanted me to help her get the notes correct.

PHILIPPE - Oh, is it going on well?

YOHAN - Yes, it's going on well.

PHILIPPE - How's your distant relationship with Sandy going?

YOHAN - Oh that? oh we're kind of done.

PHILIPPE - Done? what do you mean done?

YOHAN - I won her challenge, we spent a day and now we're going on our own paths.

PHILIPPE - Is she still in your heart?

YOHAN - She's still in my heart. My heart will always ache for her, and will never forget her.

PHILIPPE - Get to the point, will she show up with you for next year's couple's night?

YOHAN - (drops the call in anger).

PHILIPPE - Hello?

[Act 7 Scene 2]

SANDY - Hey Yohan! come on in.

YOHAN - You said you had something urgent to tell me.

SANDY - Yes, I just don't know how to say it.

YOHAN - Is it personal? I don't need to listen to it if it is.

SANDY - Aww that's so sweet of you Yohan, well I won't say it's personal.

YOHAN - (whispers in his mind) there goes the romantic moment.

SANDY - Did you say something?

YOHAN - No nothing, you were saying?

SANDY - Oh yes, actually I'm going for a concert in New Zealand.

YOHAN - This was what you were about to tell me?

SANDY - Well y-yes.

YOHAN - Why are you nervous, this is great news!

SANDY - It's just that we've had a good run within 3 days and this concert will go on for the next 3 days in New Zealand.

YOHAN - That's ok Sandy! I mean we're still friends, I have no objections with you going on this concert. In fact it should be you deciding all this because you have a higher status than me.

SANDY - I'm not talking as a "singer to friend". I'm talking as a "friend to friend".

YOHAN - Oh, so what's stopping you?

SANDY - Well, the fact that I won't see you all for another 3 days.

YOHAN - When are you leaving for New Zealand?

SANDY - Tomorrow morning.

YOHAN - Well, though I'm sad you're leaving for New Zealand I'm still happy because you're going to perform.

SANDY - I-I feel a whole lot better. Thanks for cheering me up Yohan.

YOHAN - Like someone once told me, "that's what friends are for, helping one another".

SANDY - Thanks Yohan.

YOHAN - I hope you have a good time putting up a magnificent show in New Zealand, win many hearts and have fun!

SANDY - Sure Yohan. Thanks for helping me out.

YOHAN - My pleasure.

[Act 7 Scene 1]

YOHAN - (on the phone) Hello Sandy?

SANDY - Yohan is that you?

YOHAN - Yes it's me, how was your concert?

SANDY - It was amazing Yohan! sad you couldn't be there.

YOHAN - Oh it's ok, I'm coming to pick you up at the airport.

SANDY - No Yohan you really don't have to.

YOHAN - It's ok, I have a car. I'll drive you back home.

SANDY - Ok, by the way I'm bringing a friend over.

YOHAN - Ok, so your friend will be staying with you?

SANDY - Yes.

YOHAN - Ok, I'll meet you at the airport.

[Act 7 Scene 2]

YOHAN - Where is she? Oh there she is!

SANDY - Hi Yohan!

YOHAN - Hi!

(Her friend is seen, holding hands with Sandy. Approaching Yohan)

YOHAN - (with a quite shocked reaction, quickly goes back to normal).

SANDY - Hey Yohan! remember how I told you about my friend? he's David, a famous singer in New Zealand.

DAVID - Hi nice to meet you.

YOHAN - Nice to meet you.

SANDY - He's going to concert here in another 10 days, but wanted to be here in advance for sightseeing and leisure.

YOHAN - Ok, shall we go? my car's outside.

SANDY - Sure, by the way David this is my friend Yohan. He's my music partner.

DAVID - Oh cool.

(they all enter the car, David and Sandy chat away excluding Yohan)

SANDY - Oh really? haahha!

DAVID - Yeah I'm serious, and the shopkeeper's like kiwi? go find them in the forest, not in salads.

SANDY - Hilarious!

YOHAN - (mumbles) what kind of a sick joke is that?

SANDY - David this is my house.

DAVID - Nice.

SANDY - Do you like it?

DAVID - It's a cool place.

SANDY - You'll be staying in one of my guest houses, by the pool.

YOHAN - (mumbles) how come I haven't been to her guest house?

SANDY - Just drop us off by the front door Yohan.

YOHAN - Sure.

SANDY - (exits car) David you can take a walk around my house, I need to talk to Yohan for a while.

DAVID - Sure thing.

YOHAN - (exits car) Well what is it?

SANDY - (hugs Yohan) Thanks for picking us up at the airport.

YOHAN - Oh, y-you're welcome.

SANDY - I tried contacting my regular limo driver to come but he wouldn't pick up, luckily you came at the right time.

YOHAN - But back then you said I didn't need to pick you up.

SANDY - That was because I tried contacting some other driver, but then I realized it would be waste of time.

YOHAN - Oh ok.

SANDY - Anyways yes, thanks for dropping me off. Bye!

YOHAN - Bye.

SANDY - Oh by the way Yohan, me and David are going on a tour around Singapore for the next 2 days, you want to come?

YOHAN - N-No thanks Sandy, I'm quite busy at home.

SANDY - Oh, well then I'll see whenever afterwards. Bye!

YOHAN - Bye.

[Act 7 Scene 3]

YOHAN - Sandy told me on the phone she's bringing a new friend over, I thought it was going to be a girl but no it was a guy. Not an ordinary guy, a famous singer. I never went to her guest house, and he gets it just like that. Oh what's happening to me, I'm going crazy here. Put yourself together Yohan, he's just Sandy's friend, don't think it's love, don't think they'll overthrow you.

[Act 7 Scene 4]

YOHAN - Well. Sandy's gone with her friend for a tour around Singapore, and here I am alone in my house. What could I possibly do to entertain myself, if been going behind Sandy for the past days. I know, I'll just catch up on playing chords on my guitar. It's been a while since I laid hands on it.

(jamming on the guitar for a while)

YOHAN - Oh I have a message. "Celebrity night in 2 days", but I'm not a celebrity. Who invited me to this, oh I see Sandy forwarded it to me. Looks like she still has a spot for me. Yes!

[Act 8 Scene 1]

SANDY - (on the phone) Yohan? did you get my forwarded invitation?

YOHAN - Y-Yes I did.

SANDY - Can you make it?

YOHAN - Yes I can make it.

SANDY - Cool! David's coming as well.

YOHAN - Ok.

SANDY - I'll see you at the venue, bye!

YOHAN - Bye. (drops the call) David's coming as well, put yourself together Yohan. He's just her friend, don't go crazy. But he has a sort of selfish and careless look, what if I'm right? he does look like someone hitting on Sandy. Well, better find out.

[Act 8 Scene 2]

SANDY - Hey Yohan, so glad you could make it.

YOHAN - Yeah, how was your tour with David?

SANDY - Oh it was fun, I took him to Esplanade, Orchard, Sentosa. Not to mention we also did a bit of shopping at ion Orchard.

YOHAN - Oh, cool. Did you like the tour of Singapore, David?

DAVID - Yeah, it was all amazing. I say we plop a few kiwi birds on top of marina bay sands to make it New Zealand.

SANDY - hahaha.

DAVID - hahahaha.

YOHAN - Huh?

SANDY - It's funny because it's true, you only find Kiwi birds in New Zealand. If you put them on top of Marina bay sands everyone can see them.

YOHAN - Oh I get it, (mumbles) worst joke ever.

DAVID - What? did you say something Yo?

YOHAN - Yo?

DAVID - My nickname for you, Yo?

YOHAN - Oh, right back at you...Dave.

DAVID - Ah, humor.

YOHAN - Same feeling.

SANDY - Uh, I'll go get us three a drink, what do you guys want?

DAVID - A glass of Tiger beer.

YOHAN - Lime Juice.

SANDY - Ok, I'll be right back.

DAVID - Seriously? Lime Juice.

YOHAN - Yeah, I don't like alcohol. You see I'm a music student, staying off alcohol helps keep my mind on the go.

DAVID - Since I'm a singer, I need it to let out the excitement.

YOHAN - Really? don't they take energy drinks or Red bull?

DAVID - Well, sometimes I take red bull when performing hard rock songs. This concert I'm performing pop and jazz songs only, alcohol gives me the drunk feeling to keep a slower singing pace.

YOHAN - Hmm...quite interesting. Is it hard to do it by yourself?

DAVID - I wouldn't say it's hard, this just works quicker y'know what I'm saying?

YOHAN - Yes, I see.

SANDY - Here you go guys, enjoy!

YOHAN - Thanks.

DAVID - Right back at you Sandy.

SANDY - Guys, if you need me I'll be with the other people.

YOHAN - Ok.

DAVID - Ok. Yohan I need to tell you something urgently.

YOHAN - What is it?

DAVID - I can trust you with this because you're her good friend right?

YOHAN - Umm....yes!

DAVID - Yohan, I'm deeply in love with your friend Sandy.

YOHAN - Oh ok, wait what?! you...love...her?

DAVID - Yeah man. I'm going to propose to her right here, today.

YOHAN - Y-Y-You? p-propose t-to S-Sandy? h-here?

DAVID - Yes, I'm going to rush to the flower shop to get her a bouquet. Catch ya later!

YOHAN - Oh god, I knew it! I knew he would do something like this! what do I do now? A celebrity is about to propose to another celebrity, if she says yes, my dream is trashed. If she says no, everyone will look at her as a different person. I don't want both to happen. Should I tell Sandy about this? what if she yells at me for interrupting their conversation. She won't, I'll tell her.

(Searches all over the party hall for her, but can't find her)

YOHAN - Oh where could she be?

DAVID - Everyone! It brings me great pleasure to thank a very special person.

YOHAN - Oh god! he's found her and is about to propose (scooches in between the crowd to get to her).

DAVID - (get's onto his knees) Sandy, will you marry me?

AUDIENCE - (Huge applause).

YOHAN - Oh no! he's said it!

SANDY - (confused and self-centered, accepts the proposal gently).

AUDIENCE - (Huge applause).

YOHAN - No! she's done it! she accepted his proposal. Now all that's left is their marriage, and there goes my dream, into tiny broken pieces (sad and sobs his way out of the hall).

DAVID - Well? did you like it?

SANDY - I-I don't k-know what to say D-David.

DAVID - Well?

SANDY - Y-Y-Yes, I-I will.

YOHAN - (Cries his way back home).

SANDY - David have you seen Yohan? he was with you before.

DAVID - No, he probably left.

SANDY - Really? ok, I'll call him when I get back.

[Act 8 Scene 3]

YOHAN - It's over, it's all over for me. Now there's nothing that could stop the both of them. I just have to face the facts: In reality a fan like me doesn't have a chance against a celebrity. He's a celebrity so it's easy for him to grab hold of her, people like me realize that our efforts are worthless once someone else takes it away. (Answers the phone, clears his tears) hello?

SANDY - Hello Yohan?

YOHAN - Yes it's me.

SANDY - Yes it's me Sandy, did you see what happened at the party?

YOHAN - Umm... I don't know. What happened?

SANDY - David proposed to me, I'm going to marry him!

YOHAN - Oh, w-wow that's really g-great. I'm happy for you.

SANDY - Me too, I'm happy I'm getting married to such a wonderful person. He's just perfect for me.

YOHAN - Yes, h-he does fit perfectly for you.

SANDY - So yes I just wanted to tell you that because you weren't at the party during that time.

YOHAN - Ok.

SANDY - David's parents are coming here tomorrow morning, we fixed a marriage date on the phone with them. The marriage is going to be in 2 days, reception is tomorrow 4:00pm. Can you make it?

YOHAN - (Depressed) Y-Yes I can make it.

SANDY - Oh thanks Yohan! Well I'll see you tomorrow at my reception. Bye!

YOHAN - Bye (drops the call, sobs). They've already fixed the marriage date with David's parents, on the phone! Well, right now I'm just glad I came this far. At least I'm her friend, and that's all that matters to me now. It's her life, I can't decide who she wants to marry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-Oh! We have a twist of events! What happened to Yohan's chances?