Status: Who said you can't love a celebrity? Love Has No Limits

Love Has No Limits

Love Has No Limits (Part Four)

[Act 9 Scene 1]

SANDY - Hey Yohan! I'm so glad you could make it.

YOHAN - Well, friends are always there for friends.

SANDY - So sweet of you Yohan, oh by the way these are my parents.

YOHAN - Oh, nice to meet you.

MR. SPARK - Nice to meet you, you can call me Mr. Spark.

MRS. SPARK - Nice to meet you, you can call me Mrs. Spark.

SANDY - His name is Yohan, he won my music challenge. I accepted him as a friend because he's a good music partner.

MR. SPARK - Oh that's nice to hear, so you're over your singing deadline problems now?

SANDY - Yes dad, very much.

MR. SPARK - Well I'll say, that's a really good move you made there young man.

MRS. SPARK - She used to stress out about song deadlines, luckily you came at the right time.

YOHAN - My pleasure.

SANDY - Dad I'll be with David.

MR. SPARK - Yes yes, of course. You carry on.

MRS. SPARK - Well? have a seat Yohan, you can sit with us.

YOHAN - S-Sure.

MR. SPARK - So tell me about yourself Yohan.

YOHAN - I-I'm a music student at Lasalle Arts College.

MRS. SPARK - Oh wow, that's great!

YOHAN - I play the guitar, keyboard and Piano.

MR. SPARK - Really good to hear, any hobbies?

YOHAN - Not much to name of, my main hobby is composing songs and melodies.

MRS. SPARK - Really good! so that's it?

YOHAN - If it's about hobbies, then yes that's it.

MR. SPARK - You're just like my daughter, music is her life. Did she tell you that?

YOHAN - Yes.

MR. SPARK - It's just with her all the time, if we plan to go somewhere and she sees a concert or a party coming she'll cancel our plans just to go there. She just can't live without it.

MRS. SPARK - It's her crave for music. Do you know why she's the leading singer?

YOHAN - She has a gifted voice and can reach many pitches compared to other singers.

MR. SPARK - Spot on! that and also one more, she ventures through many different types of music. If you check her iTunes, she'll have songs ranging from pop all the way to classical and folk. It's completely random, she listens to those songs and puts in effort to sing them properly. By doing this she's automatically training herself to sing better.

YOHAN - T-That's really impressive.

[Act 9 Scene 2]

MRS. SPARK - Yohan, why are you feeling dull? are you unwell?

YOHAN - No it's nothing really.

MR. SPARK - Oh come on, you can tell us. After all you are my daughter's good friend. Tell me, are you feeling tired?

YOHAN - No, I'm quite active. I'm just feeling a bit depressed.

MRS. SPARK - Depressed? with what? you're a music student right? you should be in peace. What's bothering you?

YOHAN - Nothing's bothering me, it's just that I have small depressing pain in my heart.

MR. SPARK - Well what is it? we'll help you out.

YOHAN - It's........S-S-Sandy.

MR. SPARK - Sandy?

MRS. SPARK - Sandy? how come?

YOHAN - I really can't say it, you'll get mad at me.

MR. SPARK - Don't say that Yohan. You've done a big favour for my daughter, won't we help you with this? and besides this about my daughter, we won't mind.

YOHAN - Well.....it happened several days ago. It was the last day of the second college term, my music professor gave me tickets to watch Sandy's concert. I've never seen her before at that time, so I went to the concert. I uh.....fell for her.

MR. SPARK - Fell for her? y-you mean love?

YOHAN - Yes sir, afterwards I couldn't stop thinking about her. At that time she issued her music challenge, I won her challenge and the prize was spending a day with her. During that one day she gave me the opportunity to meet her friends and JC. She needed help with meeting song deadlines, so I stepped in and helped her complete the song. She then accepted me as a friend and we continued as friends and music partners. It was a good run, at that time I totally forgot about my love for her. When David proposed to Sandy I realized that my heart still ached for her, but then I faced the facts that I'm just her fan in reality, and people like me don't have much a chance against a celebrity like her and David. So I let it go, I came here as her friend, but that one thought keeps disturbing me.

MRS. SPARK - What is this dear?

MR. SPARK - I don't know, Yohan so you're trying to tell me that you were in love with her?

YOHAN - Y-Yes sir.

MR. SPARK - And that you immediately let everything go because of reality?

YOHAN - Y-Yes sir.

MR. SPARK - I'm proud of you Yohan, there aren't many people like you in this world. Some people put on fake masks to steal their loves, they would even create a ruckus at the wedding to win the girl over. I fully appreciate your decency and feelings, don't worry about it.

MRS. SPARK - He's right Yohan, you came this far to being her friend. You should be glad that you came this far, not many people in the world get this chance, and by gods grace you've got it.

YOHAN - You're right, right now I'm really happy that I've come this far to being her friend. I'm really proud for achieving this stand.

MRS. SPARK - That's the spirit.

YOHAN - (sobs a bit).

MR. SPARK - Aww...Yohan it's ok. Cheer up!

SANDY - (hand signals to Yohan, asking him what happened).

YOHAN - (Hand signals back to Sandy, saying nothing.) Mr. Spark, Mrs. Spark, It was a pleasure for me to spend time with you. I'm feeling a bit emotional, I'll go back to the marriage hall, to my guest room, I'll meet you tomorrow for her wedding (sobs and leaves).

MR. SPARK - Ok then, bye Yohan!

MRS. SPARK - Bye Yohan! such a sweet boy right honey?

MR. SPARK - You're right! I've never seen such a down-to-earth or honest man like him. I really do feel for him.

MRS. SPARK - He came this far but couldn't get what he wanted, what I like is how he accepted his defeat just like that. Despite all the efforts he put into this.

MR. SPARK - Just the thought of it, it is quite sad that his chances vanished like that into thin air.

[Act 9 Scene 2]

(at the marriage hall guest rooms)

SANDY - Dad! Mum! can you come to my room!

MR. SPARK - Coming Dear!

MRS. SPARK - Well? what is it dear?

SANDY - I'll lock the doors first (locks the doors). What happened when you were talking with Yohan, he seemed quite upset. Did you make him feel bad?

MR. SPARK - Oh no dear! it was nothing like that.

SANDY - Then why did he leave like that? he was at my reception only for about 10 or 15 minutes.

MRS. SPARK - Sit down dear, this is quite personal.

SANDY - Ok, well? tell me.

MR. SPARK - You see dear. He fell for you when he saw your concert, he went really crazy for you at that time. He totally forgot about his love for you when you accepted him as a friend. But when David proposed to you at the party, his heart started aching for you. He couldn't bare it so he left, he still made it to you reception because he wanted to support you as a friend, but he just couldn't bare the pain, he didn't want you to feel upset about him feeling sad so he left.

SANDY - Yohan.....was in love....with me?? is this true?

MRS. SPARK - Yes dear, it's true.

SANDY - B-But how come? I only saw him being with me as a friend, I've never seen him as someone who would try to win me.

MR. SPARK - Like I said earlier dear, he switched his mindset from lover to friend.

MRS. SPARK - Dear, I know you're quite upset now.

SANDY - Well yes. I just never knew he would try to win me over, it's purely without my knowledge.

(David overhears the entire story uptill this point, get's angry and leaves)

MR. SPARK - Listen dear, we understand how you feel. You don't need to feel like he cheated you, he's a good man like you told me. To prove it he said he'll be there in you're wedding to congratulate you, now he's just your good friend. He even told me that he'll forget about his love for you.

MRS. SPARK - Come on dear, don't feel upset. Your marriage is tomorrow! now it's better you start getting some sleep now. Goodnight!

SANDY - Goodnight.

[Act 9 Scene 3]

DAVID - Excuse me, do you know where Yohan's room is?

ROOM MANAGER - He's in room 40.

DAVID - Thanks. (knocks on Yohans door).

YOHAN - Oh, David it's you.

DAVID - Yohan I want to talk to you in private, could you come with me to the back of the park.

YOHAN - Yes sure.

(at the park)

YOHAN - Well what was it you wanted to tell me?

DAVID - Did you fall in love with Sandy.

YOHAN - Huh?!

DAVID - Well come on! answer the question! did you fall in love with Sandy?

YOHAN - I-I.......did.

DAVID - (punches Yohan in the stomach 5 times) how dare you, you think you're so great to hit on my future wife like that!

YOHAN - David l-listen to me.

DAVID - What more do I have to listen to! you just told me you fell in love with her (beats him up totally).

YOHAN - Mercy! please spare me!

DAVID - (beats him till he bleeds) If I catch you messing with my girl one more time, you'll get it from me! (leaves).

YOHAN - H-How does he know about m-my love for her?

(walks back to the guest rooms, collapses on his way to his room)

ROOM MANAGER - (during inspection) Oh dear me! sir are you okay?

YOHAN - I-I-I.

ROOM MANAGER - Oh dear, I'll call the ambulance.

[Act 10 Scene 1]

(Ambulance sirens all over the place, alerts the marriage guests to rush)

AMBULANCE - Where's the person?

ROOM MANAGER - Over there!

AMBULANCE - Ok got it! go get the stretchers!

MR. SPARK - What happened? who's injured?

ROOM MANAGER - I don't know sir, he's a young chap.

MRS. SPARK - A young chap? I wonder who that is.

(They carry Yohan on the stretchers past Sandy and his parents)

SANDY - Oh no! it's Yohan!

MRS. SPARK - Yohan? How dear!

MR. SPARK - Yohan! are you ok? oh dear he's bleeding all over.

SANDY - (sobs) oh dear! Yohan! tell me, what happened?

YOHAN - I-I (mumbles).

DAVID - Oh dear what happened here?

SANDY - (sobs) it's Yohan! he's injured.

DAVID - Oh dear me, are you ok? (gives him the evil wink).

YOHAN - (gasps).

SANDY - Take it easy Yohan! don't panic!

DAVID - Baby, I'll be on my way.

SANDY - Ok. Mum, Dad I'm going with Yohan to the hospital.

MR. SPARK - Hold on, I'm coming.

MRS. SPARK - I'm coming.

[Act 10 Scene 2]

SANDY - Mum! he's regaining conscience! Yohan! are you ok?

YOHAN - I-I'm ok.

MR. SPARK - Oh thank goodness, we were all worried.

MRS. SPARK - What happened?

YOHAN - I-I-I was crossing the street, going back to the guest rooms, till I-I got run over.

SANDY - Oh dear! thank god you didn't die, Yohan is it true?

YOHAN - About what?

SANDY - Y-You loved me?

YOHAN - (surprised stare) h-how do you know?

SANDY - My parents told me, is it true? you were in love with me?

YOHAN - Y-Yes I-I was, but I forgot about it.

SANDY - Why?

YOHAN - I-I'm just happy I made it this far to being your friend, that's enough for me.

SANDY - Aww...(sobs and hugs him). Mum, Dad I'll be outside.

MRS. SPARK - Ok dear.

YOHAN - Mr. Spark, Mrs. Spark.

MR. SPARK - Yes what is it?

YOHAN - How does Sandy know about my love for her?

MRS. SPARK - We told her Yohan. It was for the better, we we're trying to let you have your moment and it looks like you got it. You got a hug from her.

YOHAN - Right. I need to tell you something else, I really didn't get run over. David took me to the park and beat me up.

MRS. SPARK - What nonsense! are you telling us the truth?

YOHAN - I really mean it. I was in my room, David knocked on my door. I attended to him and he told me he wanted to talk to me personally, so he took me to the park across the road. He then asked me all of a sudden if I loved Sandy, I was speechless then. He then pressurized me and I told hm in the end I did, in that anger he beat me up and told me to never hit on her again.

MR. SPARK - Oh dear me! why didn't you tell this before?

YOHAN - I didn't want Sandy to get upset over this. I can't imagine what she'll do to David tomorrow about this.

MRS. SPARK - Oh Yohan, you are such a dear.

YOHAN - But please promise one thing: don't tell this to Sandy, I don't want her to have an unhappy wedding tomorrow.

MR/MRS. SPARK - (nod their heads in an unsure manner).

YOHAN - The doctor said I'll be discharged tomorrow morning, I'll make it to the wedding. Nothing big, just an injured leg, bruised chest and a broken wrist. The bleeding will stop by tomorrow. Bye!

MR/MRS. SPARK - Bye.

[Act 10 Scene 3]

MRS. SPARK - Dear, I feel we should tell this matter to Sandy.

MR. SPARK - What? we promised Yohan we won't.

MRS. SPARK - Listen dear, we must tell this to Sandy. We need to tell her that David is not who he seems, we need to do the right thing for our daughter. Chances are that if she changes her mind and decides to marry Yohan I'm fine with it.

MR. SPARK - You do make a good point there.

SANDY - Dad, Mum, why do you still look gloomy. Is it about Yohan? well he was probably a bit careless there and not watching the road.

MR. SPARK - Dear, let me tell you another matter. Y-Yohan didn't get run over.

SANDY - What? h-he wasn't?? then what happened?

MRS. SPARK - He uh, he was beaten up.

SANDY - Beaten up?! oh dear me, why would someone beat up Yohan? I'll inform the police about this (picks up her phone).

MR. SPARK - (rushes) dear it was no one else, but your David!

SANDY - (drops her phone on the ground in shock) w-what? m-my David? beating up Yohan? I-I can't believe this! David would never do such a thing, I know that.

MRS. SPARK - Listen dear, we didn't believe him at first. He then went into detail about this, then we believed him.

SANDY - But how? David doesn't even know about Yohan's love for me?

MRS. SPARK - I realized dear. He might've overheard us when we were talking to you before, because 10 minutes after our talk about this he was put in stretchers. It must be true.

SANDY - But...Oh dear, I-I don't know what to do now?

MR. SPARK - Dear, calm down. Listen to me, you ask David tomorrow if this is true. If it is I don't mind cancelling the wedding if you want me to.

SANDY - Ok, (sobs) I-I'll ask him tomorrow.

MRS. SPARK - Now just sleep dear, it's been a stressful night already.

[Act 11 Scene 1]

(gathering at the wedding hall. Yohan injured, limps towards Sandy)

YOHAN - S-Sandy.

SANDY - Y-Yohan! a-are you ok?

YOHAN - Yes I'm ok, I'm glad I could make it for your big day.

SANDY - (upset feeling) oh ok.

YOHAN - Listen Sandy. You're parents are right I did love you sincerely, but the moment you accepted me as your friend I became your friend and not a lover. Now I don't have much regrets because I'm glad I made it this far to being your friend, people like me usually don't have much chances with someone like you. We can be your fan, we can be your friend, even close as a relative, but a soul-mate is never a possibility. Now I'm purely fine and don't feel sad, I'm now truly your friend and am here to support you in your wedding.

DAVID - Hey baby! (evil eye at Yohan) how's it going?

SANDY - Oh, i-it's going great! y-you ready for the wedding?

DAVID - Better than ever.

SANDY - I need to u-use the bathroom, I'll be back.

DAVID - Sure, you do that. (grabs hold of Yohan's arm and pinches it).

YOHAN - (silently) ahh!

DAVID - (whispers) Listen Punk! I've already beaten the living lights out of you yesterday, you want the same to happen today?

YOHAN - (nods for no convincingly in pain).

(Sandy appears 7 steps behind David, overhears the following)

DAVID - (whispers) she's mine now! if I see you trying to hit on her again! you won't wake up tomorrow, understood?

YOHAN - Y-Yes.

DAVID - (turns around) oh baby! there you are.

SANDY - Yes.

DAVID - I was in the middle of a chat with Yohan, didn't quite see you.

SANDY - Oh, come it's getting late for our wedding.

YOHAN - Congratulations David.

DAVID - For what?

YOHAN - Your wedding.

DAVID - Oh, that's how you should be!

[Act 11 Scene 1]

PRIEST - Just before we prounce thee as Man and Wife, does anyone have a reason why these two should not be married?

MR. SPARK - Ah! (raises his hand).

MRS. SPARK - Put your hands down dear, Sandy might as well ask him now.

MR. SPARK - Oh ok.

PRIEST - You have an objection sir?

MR. SPARK - No nothing, carry on.

PRIEST - Very well then, do you David Fletcher take Sandy Spark to be your wedded wife?

DAVID - Yes, yes I do.

PRIEST - And do you Sandy Spark take David Fletcher to be your wedded husband?

SANDY - (no answer).

PRIEST - Well? do you?

SANDY - David?

DAVID - Yes baby?

SANDY - Is it true, t-that you beat up Yohan yesterday?

DAVID - (shocked look) what? me? beat up Yohan? no no!

SANDY - (demanding voice) I mean it! tell me! did you beat up Yohan?

DAVID - Umm....

SANDY - You have 5 seconds to answer me, or this wedding is called off, 5-4-3-2-1!

DAVID - Ok yes! I beat up Yohan!

AUDIENCE - (gasp)

MR. SPARK - That's my girl!

DAVID - But come on baby, he was trying to hit on you!

YOHAN - Mrs. Spark, I'll leave.

MRS. SPARK - Leave? but why? you wanted to see your friend's wedding right?

YOHAN - Yes, but now they're arguing. It's because of me, I'm the reason why they're not married yet. I'll leave.

MR. SPARK - No Yohan don't-

(Yohan limps out of the hall)

SANDY - You overheard everything outside my room didn't you!

DAVID - Well yes!

SANDY - Did you listen to what happened in the very end?

DAVID - Well, n-no.

SANDY - You idiot! how could you! you beat him up this senslessly. (sobs) The last part of the story you overheard was that he forgot about his love for me because he had great respect for our marriage. He became my friend and not a lover afterwards, and because you couldn't be patient enough to hear the last part you beat him up like this. You are a cheat! a big fraud! I object to marry David! Yohan is my man now, he is 100 times better than you! (throws the bouquet at his face)

DAVID - Baby dont!-

SANDY - Mum where is Yohan?!

MRS. SPARK - Dear he left the hall.

SANDY - What? but why?

MR. SPARK - He said he was the reason why you both were quarelling. He's limping slowly, you can go and catch hold of him.

SANDY - Thanks a lot!

[Act 11 Scene 2]

(Yohan is seen limping towards his car)

SANDY - Yohan!

YOHAN - (slowly turns around) S-Sandy?

SANDY - (sobs) Yohan! (runs to hug Yohan).

YOHAN - Sandy, w-what are you doing? a-aren't you supposed to be in the hall?

SANDY - I'm not marrying that dog after what he did.

YOHAN - W-What did he do?

SANDY - He beat up my soul-mate!

YOHAN - Oh he beat up your soul-mate. Wait hold on! y-y-you know about what really happened?

SANDY - (sobs) Yes Yohan.

YOHAN - A-And that s-soul-mate is-

SANDY - Yes!

YOHAN - W-Why me?

SANDY - You're unique in all qualities, you love music, you're very caring and polite, you're always there to help me out and most of all: you're very honest. You never go to trouble.

YOHAN - S-So d-does t-that mean-

SANDY - Yes Yohan! You're my life!

(Huge hug)

SANDY - Here you deserve this (kisses him).

YOHAN - Y-You kissed me!

SANDY - Of course I did. Don't be shy, you can kiss me back!

YOHAN - O-Ok, (kisses her).

(Endless joys between the both)
♠ ♠ ♠
Wedding is happening, Sandy's parents are here, and Yohan is still lost for words. What does he do? What happens?