Status: A love story based on my close friend, and his girlfriend. They both were good friends of mine.

Y Love

[Scene 1]

(Changi Airport - Taxi comes in)

JAKE - (Steps out with luggage and heads for Check-in Counter)

(Check-in)

ASSISTANT - Hi sir! name?

JAKE - Jake.

ASSISTANT - Passport and Luggage?

JAKE - (Hands them over).

(Assistant does the work)

ASSISTANT - Gate number F42.

JAKE - Thank you.

(Goes to Immigration and Clears it. He has a snack at a cafe and heads for the flight)

[Scene 2]

(Singapore Airlines)

JAKE - (Mind Narration) In life, many factors influence a change in your character. People say friends, parents, teachers, maybe even our own siblings. None of them worked for me. For me, it was love. You may not notice it, but once a third person questions a change in your character - You know that your love has influenced you. It worked for me.

(FLASHBACK)

[Scene 3]

(Chatsworth International School)

SAM - I know right?! it's amazing!

CLAUDIA - Don't get me started on Harry. No words for expressing how awesome he is!

(everyone talking about One Direction)

JAKE - What's all the commotion about?

CLAUDIA - Damn it. It's him.

JAKE - Well? I'll probably be interested in it.

SAM - It's about the One Direction Concert yesterday. Cool right?

JAKE - Seriously?! that's what you were talking about for the entire lunch break?! you know that's 50 minutes. 50 minutes of valuable time which you would've used to eat good food and do some other productive work. But no, you choose to chat over a shitty music band that can't even make good music!

JUSTINE - Are you insane?! how rude could you possibly be?

JAKE - Have you looked at the statistics?

ALL - (Silent).

JAKE - The only reason One Direction is in the market is because of their Gay looks. The stylishness of it, keeps them firm in the music world. Otherwise, even my baby cousin can sing better than them.

JUSTINE - Just shut up, Jake. No one asked you to join in, at the first place.

JAKE - You're lucky I asked you. Now you can think twice before choosing a shit topic to discuss. Alright? (leaves).

SAM - God f--- that guy. What's his deal?

[Scene 4]

KOYO - Bro, do this puzzle.

JAKE - Later...

MR. DRAKE - Okay class, moving on to animal nutrition....

(everyone taking notes)

JAKE - (Raises his hand up).

MR. DRAKE - Yes, Jake?

JAKE - Sir, I still don't understand why people eat meat when it's unhealthy. E-Even you say that.

MR. DRAKE - Well, meat is a great source of protein. Protein helps to build muscles, and repair tissues-

JAKE - But there's an alternative - you have beans like kidney beans and stuff. Great source of protein. Not only is it a protein, but it's a healthier choice. (Turns to the class and stands up). Guys! how many of you eat beef?

(10 people raise their hands)

JAKE - Are you aware that E-Coli can affect that meat? and when you eat that, it adversely affects your health?

MR. DRAKE - Yes, Jake but-

JAKE - How many of you eat Pig meat? pork in other words?

(15 people raise their hands)

JAKE - That's the same as saying you all like eating human meat!

ALL - What?! r-really?! why?!

JAKE - Guys! research shows that pig meat and human meat have relatively the same qualities. They compliment each other very well.

ALL - (Worried).

JAKE - So that just goes to show that we have how many? oh yes, 15 cannibals in this class.

ALL - What?! h-how dare you.

JAKE - Ehem...if you eat pig meat, you very well love the taste of human meat. Cannibals confirmed! Mr. Drake, you may carry on.

MR. DRAKE - Um.....

ALL - (Worried and mad - except for Jake).

MR. DRAKE - N-Now then, a-about animal nutrition um...

(Class takes place)

[Scene 5]

(Lunch)

KOYO - Bro I think you took it too far.

JAKE - With what?

KOYO - You know....meat.

JAKE - What?! I just said the truth. It's for everyone's good. It's the right way to live a healthier lifestyle. They either take it or leave it. You know? doing stuff that adversely affect you health, reduces quite an amount of micro lives.

KOYO - And what's that?

JAKE - You know.....if all humans are meant to die off at the age of 100, and some five people smoke everyday - they lose several micro lives which reduce their expectancy, to about 70 or 80. Same with meat.

KOYO - (While eating chicken nuggets) I see.

JAKE - Are you going to finish that?

KOYO - Why? you want it?

JAKE - No. I'd rather eat something healthy, than eat processed chicks.

KOYO - Processed chicks?

JAKE - They all end up in a factory, they cut their beaks off, they're put into a shredder of some sort and there you have it! chicken nuggets!

KOYO - (Gulps).

JAKE - You're not listening are you?

KOYO - (Drops them in the bin next to him) I-I am.

JAKE - You uh....going to swallow that bit in your throat?

KOYO - (Coughs it out in the bin next to him).

(Entire grade watches)

JAKE - You see what I'm saying right?

KOYO - Yes, d-definitely.

JAKE - People are just spoiling their lives to meat, a-and One Direction.

CLAUDIA - It's not bad!-

JAKE - You have no taste in music! you just like hot gay guys!

CLAUDIA - (Gasps in shock) How dare you-

JAKE - Ah, haters keep on hating. One day they'll look back at life and notice how terrible they were.

KOYO - Um....

JAKE - Agreed?

KOYO - Y-Yes, yes.

CLAUDIA - You too?

KOYO - (Worried).

JAKE - One more advice - stay away from society. It's a system that spoils our species. Humans will be a whole lot better, without this system. Follow this advice and you'll do great things in life.

KOYO - U-Um....o-okay then.

JAKE - There we go! finally I have a follower.

KOYO - I was your friend for the past three years.

JAKE - And now?

KOYO - Um...

JAKE - Say it.

KOYO - Member of your clan.

JAKE - That's the spirit. In your face suckers! (to all). Good luck trying to succeed!

[Scene 6]

(Everyone texting on Whatsapp at home - except for Jake. Commentating on how Jake's attitude has taken over him etc.)

[Scene 7]

JAKE - What's up?

CLAUDIA - (Ignores).

JAKE - I'm right here! no need to walk off. That's extremely rude. Yo! Sam!

SAM - (Ignores).

JAKE - What's with you people? why the ignore? Koyo! there you are! my man!

KOYO - (Is stopped).

JAKE - What up? why are you trying to walk out?

KOYO - Y-You drew the line.

JAKE - I what now?

KOYO - Drew the line (walks off).

JAKE - Wait! hold on! shit!

[Scene 8]

(He is ignored the whole day of school)

(At home, Jake contemplates while looking at the window)

[Scene 9]

JAKE - Um....Jason?

JASON - (Ignores).

JAKE - Jason.

JASON - (Stops) hmm?

JAKE - I need help with Question 10.

JASON - Ask Ms. Eva.

JAKE - O-Okay then.

(works)

JAKE - Justine?

JUSTINE - (Ignores).

JAKE - Justine.

JUSTINE - Hmm?

JAKE - Laptop charger?

JUSTINE - Ask the IT office.

JAKE - O-Okay then.

[Scene 10]

(Jake spent the rest of the year - in misery)

[Scene 11]

(Start of Grade 11)

MR. SMITH - Welcome back for a fresh academic year! Welcome to IB everyone!

ALL - (Applause).

MR. SMITH - Yes, yes. Get ready to suffer the wrath of the world. Hahaha, scared you all? just joking. Be organised and use your brains - you live.

ALL - (Back to back) Alright then? I guess....

JAKE - Hey! Koyo!

KOYO - O-Oh um...hey.

JAKE - Holidays went well?

KOYO - Oh um....Hey Jenny! (goes off).

JAKE - (Sad) I-I guess it's not over yet.

MR. SMITH - We have a new student! Megan!

ALL - (Applause).

MR. SMITH - Introduce yourself.

JAKE - (Stunned by her presence).

MEGAN - I-I'm Megan, I-I lived in Hong Kong for 7 years. I love....I love the world around me.

MR. SMITH - Yes, apparently the guys got their textbooks yesterday - so they can start immediately on the first day. So um....Jake!

JAKE - Sir?

MR. SMITH - Take Megan to the library, so she can get her textbooks.

JAKE - Okay.

[Scene 12]

MEGAN - Megan (shakes hand).

JAKE - Jake (shakes hand).

(they go to the library)

JAKE - This is the new student. Which language are you taking?

MEGAN - Mandarin.

JAKE - Mandarin IB book - same as me.

MEGAN - Oh nice.

JAKE - Math?

MEGAN - High Level.

JAKE - Oh nice, same. Math High Level book.

MEGAN - Physics and Design Technology?

JAKE - Are you for real?

MEGAN - Um....yes.

JAKE - How are you just like me?!

MEGAN - I don't know hehe.

JAKE - Physics Book. Please tell me, Business Studies?

MEGAN - Hahahaha.....

JAKE - Why?

MEGAN - It's not over is it?

JAKE - Why? you're also doing it?

MEGAN - Yes hahaha.

JAKE - Oh wow....hahaha...Business Studies book.

MEGAN - English Language & Literature books too.

LIBRARIAN - Here you go.

MEGAN - Thanks.

LIBRARIAN - Jake.

JAKE - Yes?

LIBRARIAN - Twin?

MEGAN - Hehehe.

JAKE - (Blushes).

LIBRARIAN - I see.

(they leave)

JAKE - You're just like me.

MEGAN - It's great to know that there's someone like me too. People at my old school never take the courses I'm taking.

JAKE - Why?

MEGAN - Math and Physics at High level. Who does that?

JAKE - You....me.

MEGAN - I guess so.

JAKE - That's great. I have a good feeling about this.

MEGAN - So do I.

[Scene 13]

(Class time)

CLAUDIA - Hey, Megan.

MEGAN - Hey.

CLAUDIA - How are you liking it here?

MEGAN - Not bad really. Environment is doing me good.

CLAUDIA - Great to hear.

SAM - Piece of advice.

MEGAN - Yes?

JUSTINE - You see that guy sitting in front of you?

MEGAN - Who? Jake?

SAM - You know his name?

MEGAN - Yes, why?

CLAUDIA - Stay away from him. It's for your own good.

MEGAN - Excuse me?

JUSTINE - IB alone is hard. IB with him along? you'll graduate at the age of 50.

MEGAN - Slow down....why?

(they tell her everything he's done)

MEGAN - (Shocked).

SAM - He's just nice because you're a new student.

CLAUDIA - Ignored by everyone else, including us.

JUSTINE - Because you're new, he has no other option but to attack you.

MEGAN - (Shocked).

SAM - Stay safe. No pressure! (walks off with the others).

MEGAN - (Observes Jake, closely).
  1. Y Love (Part Two)
    Continuation from what happened in "Y Love" Part One.
  2. Y Love (Part Three)
    Continuation from what happened in "Y Love" Part Two.