Status: A love story based on my close friend, and his girlfriend. They both were good friends of mine.

Y Love

Y Love (Part Three)

[Scene 27]

(Koyo pushes Joe)

JOE - Woah! what up man?

KOYO - Shut up asshole! what's with you? can't you leave other alone?

CLAUDIA - Oh look, it's Voldemort's apprentice.

SAM - Short-tempered, it seems.

KOYO - Shut it. Shut it alright!! Jake, Jake's not who you think he is now. He's changed. Why are you still taunting him with the past?

CLAUDIA - That guy? changing? that's like Voldemort saying "Happy Birthday" to Harry Potter. Like never.

KOYO - You guys just hate Jake for what he's said to you guys in the past. Look, I apologize on his behalf - you happy now?

SAM - We don't want you to say sorry, we want him.

KOYO - Him...(takes a look at Jake) I-I can't.

JOE - I'll take care of this, guys. Look, I know what you're saying is true, I believe you.

KOYO - So you guys are cool?

JOE - Listen, I know what's going on between Megan and Jake. Let him open his relationship status with Megan, to everyone.

KOYO - You're not serious about this, are you?

JOE - I'm damn serious. That fool better publicize his relationship - or else, you can forget about getting apologies and all.

CLAUDIA - Nice one.

JOE - I know right?

SAM - I'd like to see him try.

KOYO - Oh yeah? well, well I'd like to.....to see you cry!

(Koyo walks off)

JOE - That made no sense.

[Scene 28]

KOYO - No use.

JAKE - I told you not to do it.

KOYO - They uh....they want-

JAKE - They want what?

KOYO - They want.....ah! forget it. I-I'll tell you later.

(Megan enters the hall - everyone is stunned by her look)

KOYO - Woah....(goes towards Megan).

MEGAN - Hey!

KOYO - Hey! man, you're gorgeous.

MEGAN - Hahaha thanks. You know where Jake is?

KOYO - He's sitting on the bench, right there.

STACEY - What're you doing? are you cheating on me?

KOYO - No no no, it's nothing like-

STACEY - Come here (drags him).

KOYO - Good luck!

MEGAN - Thanks, I guess?

(approaches Jake, slowly)

JAKE - (Gets up slowly) M-Megan.....y-you're uh....

MEGAN - I-I'm?

(Claudia, Joe, and Sam are watching)

JAKE - G-Gorgeous, uh oh!

MEGAN - Hahaha, why? what happened?

JAKE - N-Nothing, just....(staring into each others eyes) w-what now?

(music starts playing)

ANNOUNCEMENT - Alright everyone! let's start the dance!

MEGAN - Jake?

JAKE - Y-Yes.

MEGAN - (Hands out) Shall we?

JAKE - (Looks at her hand and looks around) O-Okay.

(Music Cue - Aap Ki Kathir)

[Scene 29]

JAKE - That was a very memorable dance. God knows who took control of me that day, I didn't want to go up there and embarrass myself in front of my peers, neither....neither did I want to miss the dance of my life. I really should've thought about it before I went with her....

(Flashback)

[Scene 30]

(At School - everyone is gossiping)

JOE - Can't believe it actually happened.

SAM - Thought he was going to admit it.

CLAUDIA - Can't be any clearer than that, everyone saw what was going on.

SAM - I guess it's official, he just killed the fun of it.

JOE - What a loophole.

(everyone is seen gossiping about Jake - Jake notices)

JAKE - (Whispers) T-The hell? Koyo!

KOYO - Y-Yes?

JAKE - What's going on here? w-why is everyone like....giving me the look?

KOYO - Oh that? don't mind that.

JAKE - T-They even mentioned my name in, in a conversation.

JOE - (Claps his hands) Good Show! jolly good show my man!

SAM - I didn't know that darkness could boogie.

JAKE - (Stunned).

JUSTINE - Who knew, am I right? Jake the loner, dark lord, and Pest Emperor - could actually feel love. Oh!

(attracting attention to everyone - Jake notices everyone encircling him)

JOE - You know one thing? Harry Potter, that's a good film series. I've never seen Voldemort fall in love in any of those. Hahaha!

ALL - Hahaha!

KOYO - Can you people just piss off?! like really, how immature could you people possibly get? there's a limit to everything. Don't you understand change? he's changed you know that?! just leave him and his personal life alone! now look! we have the crowd, all giving Jake the look, just because of you brats. Go mind your own business.

JAKE - Koyo please just-

KOYO - Shush.....and if you have the guts?! and if you think you're as folly as he is.....go get a partner yourself!! how about that?! nice one Jake, w-we're all proud of you. You gave it all you had that night, keep moving forward as always.

(everyone claps for Jake)

ALL - Yes Jake!!

JAKE - K-Koyo....(hugs him) T-Thanks, for having my back.

KOYO - Don't mention it. You're not mad that I exposed your relationship right?

JAKE - No.....(realizes) Megan, Megan! w-was she here?

CHARLOTTE - She's in the bathroom.

JAKE - (Relief) Phew! you're safe bro. Thanks!

KOYO - G-Go for it!

[Scene 31]

(Corridors - Megan finds Jake)

JAKE - M-Megan.

MEGAN - Jake! I-I was just going to look for you.

JAKE - M-Me too. I uh...want to tell you something, really urgent.

MEGAN - G-Go ahead.

JAKE - I-I....don't know how.

MEGAN - Tell me, it'll be fine.

(Jake tells her the event)

MEGAN - (Stunned).

JAKE - S-So yes, and....he told everyone, he told everyone that me....and you.....together.

MEGAN - I-I can't believe it.....h-how rude they were though. I can't believe I'm witnessing such immaturity at this age. There should be a limit for things, like Koyo said.

JAKE - I-I stumped now.....e-everyone knows it - t-that we are together. H-How?

(Pause - as they both are thinking)

MEGAN - Jake? Jake.

JAKE - Y-Yes.

MEGAN - You know um....i-it's a rumor? or...

JAKE - I-I believe it's a rumor.

MEGAN - You know um.....w-we're good together. So....why not, make this rumor: reality?

JAKE - (Stunned) R-Reality?

MEGAN - (Nods) I love you, Jake.

JAKE - (Smiles a bit and shuts his mouth in shock).

MEGAN - Hahaha! Jake!

JAKE - (Drops down) I-I can't believe this.

MEGAN - (Kisses him) Now you believe it?

JAKE - (Mind Narration) Life's most beautiful moment: Some two people in search of each other for a long time, all leading to this. Life is satisfactory now.

INTERMISSION

[Scene 32]

(Jake and Megan have fun times with each other over the year - till graduation)

PRINCIPAL - Dear Students, Teachers, and Parents. I welcome you all, to this years graduation ceremony - for the class of 2018. It has been a great year, a very intense year for the students. Deadlines on top of studies on top of CAS and EE, you name the IB vocabulary. It's been a whole new Game of Thrones here.

ALL - (Laughter).

PRINCIPAL - True Story. Each individual, with his or her talents and acquired skills - now pass on to show the world, and make a change. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you - the class of 2018.

(Applause - one by one, people get up saying their graduation speeches)

PRINCIPAL - Megan!

MEGAN - Teachers, Parents, Students. I stand before you all, as a graduate. I still remember the day I walked into school for the first time. I cried on that day, and I'll do the same today. So many memories, and so many new skills and amazing people. I have much to be thankful for - my parents, my teachers, Ms. Everette: I did what you told! my peers here - including, Jake.

(Jake is stunned)

MEGAN - A continuous support and inspiration anyone could ever ask for. If I have trouble with parents, it's always Jake. Thank you!

(applause)

PRINCIPAL - Jake!

JAKE - Parents, Teachers, Students. I-I have much to be thankful for today. Here, I spend my last moments to say how this school has not only given me the skills and extra knowledge, b-but also a platform - a platform for meeting amazing people, such as - Megan. She said I was her inspiration, no one really knows that, that she is the true hero in my last years: for putting my attitude and act together. M-My parents, never really knew what the change was in me. N-Now they know. My teachers mostly too - I'm grateful for being educated by such amazing teachers. Thank you.

(applause - after everyone's done and over with)

[Scene 33]

(Megan, Jake, and both the parents talking)

M. MUM - I have to say, it was a wonderful event.

J. MUM - Very true, they both are a cute couple.

M. DAD - Not to mention, bright ones too!

ALL - Hahaha!

JAKE - I-I'm going to miss her, dad.

MEGAN - (Tears) I-I'm going my way, a-and.....s-so are you.

J. DAD - L-Let's give them some space, shall we? we'll be at the canteen.

(the parents of both, leave)

MEGAN - Y-You're such a great guy.

JAKE - What about you? it's not everyday, a person meddles with our attitudes to correct them.

MEGAN - Never thought it....it would all come to this.

JAKE - Y-You still have my number right? w-we'll talk....every now and then.

MEGAN - College breaks....I-I can fly over to see you.

JAKE - M-Make plans....after college graduation too.

MEGAN - Yes.

(Pause - then they hug and kiss, tears from both)

[Scene 34]

(Taxi Stand)

M. DAD - It's been a wonderful meeting today. Good luck young man! (shakes hand).

JAKE - Thank you, sir.

M. DAD - I will see you up there! (points to the top of an office building) one day.

JAKE - Hehe.

M. MUM - Come on, Megan!

(Megan slowly gets into the cab)

MEGAN - (Looks back at Jake).

(they drive off)

JAKE - (Sad after seeing her go).

J. MUM - Don't worry, you have her number right? keep in touch.

JAKE - I-I miss her....already.

[Scene 35]

(At Jake's and Megan's Home)

JAKE/MEGAN - (Staring out the window and balcony - thinking about each other).

J. MUM - Jake!! your flight tickets are ready! you're going in two days.

JAKE - (Tries to call Megan - but she's busy).

[Scene 36]

(Taxi Stand)

JAKE - (Makes a call to Megan - but still busy).

J. MUM - She didn't pick up?

JAKE - N-No.

J. DAD - It's alright. I-I think....s-she went already.

JAKE - Went?

J. DAD - You know um....flying, different SIM Card or something.

JAKE - C-Could be.

J. MUM - You have her other contacts?

JAKE - Facebook, I-I'll get her through Facebook.

[Scene 37]

(Airport)

JAKE - (Uses Airport computers to send Megan a message through facebook, and leaves).

[Scene 38]

JAKE - (Mind Narration) So there's my story - and here I am, a satisfied man who succeeded through help of love. Like one always says, "if you love something, then set it free". Not the right translation for this one though - but....god eventually had to part our ways. She did her duties to correct me, and....there we have it.

ANNOUNCEMENT - Hello Passengers, this is your captain speaking. We are well and crossing the middle east - just hovering above parts of Saudi Arabia. Weather this night seems to be quite stable, with mild turbulence. Should be fine for the journey.

(Jake gets up to go to the bathroom - he waits outside. Megan exits the bathroom)

MEGAN - (Stunned) J-Jake?

JAKE - (Stunned) M-Megan!

MEGAN - (Shuts mouth in shock) Oh my god! i-it's so true.

JAKE - W-Where's your seat?

MEGAN - Row 21.

JAKE - Move over to mine, no one's there.

[Scene 39]

(Jake and Megan sitting together on board)

MEGAN - University of London.

JAKE - Imperial College of London.

(they look at each other)

JAKE - Well.....close enough.

(they both laugh)

JAKE - (Mind Narration) I guess it was destiny after all.....I guess god still has something in store for us both. That's what love is all about - it's not just for the pleasures, but also for helping us get up when we fall down. Forever I am in debt to that man up there, who brought us back together. Life is beautiful, life is great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Conflict amongst peers actually brought about new meaning for Jake's relationship with Megan.