Status: Initially, Siddharth joined to work for 'Orange'. Once he found out about the dirty business going on there, he quit his job and went to work for 'Keyls'. There too he was rejected as he worked for 'Orange' (rivals). He forms his own empire and surpasses both companies. Now these both CEOs envy him

Rise to the Top

Rise 2 The Top (Part Three)

[Scene 26]

SIDDHARTH - (Conference Call) Hello Team! Siddharth here, how's everything going? the big opening is just around the corner.

TOBY - (Conference Call) Yes, Siddharth. All is well over here. 1:59pm here, and getting loads of calls from store owners - telling me about the huge queues and all.

SIDDHARTH - (Conference Call) That's great! Richard?

RICHARD - (Conference Call) Yes, 3:59am here. Watched a film to keep me up awake. Same here.

SIDDHARTH - (Conference Call) Jia Jun?

JIA JUN - (Conference Call) 3:00pm, here in Copenhagen. Automobiles are in for a hit. Huge queue everywhere.

SIDDHARTH - (Conference Call) Derek?

DEREK - (Conference Call) 5:59am. Just got a call, same thing all over.

SIDDHARTH - (Conference Call) Nothing much to say, are you all ready? for our first worldwide release?

ALL - (Conference Call) Yes.

SIDDHARTH - (Conference Call) Permission for stores to open - granted.

ALL - (Conference Call) Right.

[Scene 27]

(Every Infinity store around the world)

I. STORE OWNER - (On the phone) Right then, thank you (drops the call). Right then!! open the shutters!!

(they open the shutters)

CUSTOMERS - Yes!!!

I. ASSISTANT - Oh lord.

I. STORE OWNER - It's happening!

(Customers rush in to the store)

[Scene 28]

(Assistants dealing with customers, satisfied customers etc)

I. ASSISTANT - (Checks the cash total) Sir! we just hit 100 million!

I. STORE OWNER - Great!

TOBY - (On the phone) Oh really?! that's great! thank you very much (drops the call). (On the intercom speaker) Dear team Infinity, we just hit our first 100 million!

ALL - Yes! (celebrating).

TOBY - Today is a good day.

DEREK - Yes! this is great!

JIA JUN - (Intercom speaker) Alright team! going great so far! we are still in need of another 2 billion to hit par. Let's do this!

SIDDHARTH - Woo! that's how it is.

CATHY - (On the phone) Dear?

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) Hi Honey! I-I did it.

CATHY - (On the phone) So proud of you.

JACOB - (Grabs the phone) (On the phone) Way to go Daddy!

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) Hahaha, thanks Jacob.

AMY - (On the phone) Me too! you're the best!

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) (Tears) Thanks dear.

AMY - Dad's crying ma.

CATHY - What? (On the phone) are you okay dear?

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) (Tears) I-I'm okay.

CATHY - (On the phone) What happened?

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) It's just that.....t-this was once a dream. I-I'm huge. I can't believe it. I-I had you along too, y-you're great. Thanks Cathy.

CATHY - (On the phone) Aw....I'm always here for you alright? don't worry. Just look back at all of your hard work, you'll realize that it was all worth it.

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) It wasn't just me. It was all of us.

CATHY - (On the phone) (Smiles).

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) There's never an "I", it's always a "we".

CATHY - (On the phone) (Smiles).

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) I-I'm probably just the brain. W-We function like a body, and together? we do amazing things.

CATHY - (On the phone) (Kisses).

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) (Kisses) Thanks dear.

CATHY - (On the phone) Congrats! come home soon alright?

SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) Sure, will do.

[Scene 29]

(Changi Prison)

POLICE OFFICER - Right then, you're both off.

(Orange and Keyls CEOs are released)

POLICE OFFICER - Ehem....

(they look back)

POLICE OFFICER - None of this funny business anymore, alright?

O.CEO/K. CEO - (Nod).

POLICE OFFICER - Good (turns back and leaves).

O. CEO/K. CEO - (Look at each other and lift their eyebrows).

O. CEO - (On the phone) Hello? it's me, your boss. I'm finally out. How are things so far? good, that's great! let's see what happens (drops the call).

K. CEO - How's the operation going?

O. CEO - Full swing. Going great.

K. CEO - (On the phone) I'm out. How are things going? great! hahahaha! keep it up, my boy! (drops the call).

O. CEO - Great I see.

K. CEO - Even better.

O. CEO - Oh....Oh! that range?! hahaha!

K. CEO - Hahaha!

(they laugh together)

[Scene 30]

NEWS REPORTER - Latest Headlines, Infinity has released a wide range of products. Europe released their hybrid automobiles, while North America worked on the InPhones, Asia worked on the new air purifier, and Oceania on the Eco House scheme. Results were very promising to residents living along the coastlines of Australia and New Zealand, while the hybrid automobiles have piled up a great deal of headaches for other car companies. Likewise the air purifier, this is making a great deal out of places such as Ukraine and Russia. Finally the new InPhones, which are so far leaving satisfaction on customers' faces.

[Scene 31]

(Prime ministers and Presidents all over Europe)

PM/PRESIDENT - On behalf of this nation. We are proud to produce the carbon emission statistics for this, third quarter of the year. Corresponding to the success and release of Infinity's hybrid automobiles, the country's carbon emission rate has reduced by quite a margin - estimated 23.5%

ALL - (Applause).

PM/PRESIDENT - We thank Infinity for providing the people a successful alternative. We are looking forward to receive great ideas such as these from companies not only in this country, but also across the continent - the EU Union.

(Prime minister of Australia)

PM - The Eco House scheme has done the nation a great deal. In places like Sydney, we have a full stretch of pent houses in Coogee Beach and Bondi Beach - turning towards the scheme. Following the scheme's official release, the scheme has worked well especially in the solar sector - where 45% of all scheme users produced a surplus. Which was of good use to the government. Not to mention, incentives were given to successful surplus producers. Thank you.

ALL - (Applause).

(Prime ministers and Presidents of Asia)

PM/PRESIDENT - The Air Purifier product has served great deal in our nation. China, this very nation as we all know - serves as a giant, especially in the secondary sector - in manufacturing. The PSI has reduced by a great margin in places such as Beijing and Shanghai - the places we know that face terrible pollution. Sometimes striking past the 1000 PSI boundary. This average has been reduced to approximately 200. Many factories are introducing the air purifier product for production uses. We hope for more factories in the country to introduce the product for production uses, as it will certainly benefit us in the long run - in terms of improving the health and well-being of our people, and the earth. Thank you.

ALL - (Applause).

[Scene 32]

(North America)

BOY 1 - (Texting on his phone - taking a selfie).

(Phone lags)

BOY 1 - The heck? (hits his phone) work!

(Phone screen breaks)

BOY 1 - The hell?! mum!!

MUM - What is it? why are you screaming?

BOY 1 - The screen broke.

MUM - Oh come on, Jeremy. You can do better. Control that temper of yours.

BOY 1 - I just slammed my phone because it lagged.

MUM - Oh come on. Anger management, that's all.

BOY 1 - (Angry) I don't need anger management! (rage quits).

MUM - I guess you're hungry (rushes out).

(other parts of the country)

GIRL 1 - Dad, my eye hurts.

DAD - What happened?

GIRL 1 - I don't know. I woke up with my eye popping out.

DAD - Oh it's nothing, just swelling.

GIRL 1 - Is it bad? I have prom tonight.

DAD - Dear, come on. You fuss like a 7 year old.

GIRL 1 - But this never happens. I mean-

DAD - Were you texting late last night?

GIRL 1 - Well....

DAD - See? that's why. We keep telling you, kids your age need good sleep. You just don't listen. You keep talking with that Tiffany up until midnight. How are you people even nocturnal like?

GIRL 1 - Since when did you start talking like mom?

DAD - Wait what?

GIRL 1 - I was just texting till 10.

DAD - Then why? why do your eyes need to swell?

GIRL 1 - I don't know....maybe the brightness?

DAD - But the InPhones are built in retina display. It's not harmful.

GIRL 1 - I don't know. It's quite brighter than my old InPhone.

DAD - Well obviously. That was the previous version. Maybe science has made bright light less harmful.

GIRL 1 - Dad...

DAD - Who knows.

(back to back people in the country complaining about the phone problems)

[Scene 33]

I. SERVICE MAN - (On the phone) Infinity Repair! how can I help you?

GIRL 5 - (On the phone) Yes, it's my new phone. It keeps crashing.

I. SERVICE MAN - (On the phone) Like how? please explain.

GIRL 5 - (On the phone) Right, so when I'm on snapchat - my phone keeps shutting down.

I. SERVICE MAN - (On the phone) I see, well. Bring it over.

GIRL 5 - (On the phone) Right.

(drops the call)

I. SERVICE MAN - That's our 100th complaint this night.

I. SERVICE OWNER - You serious?

I. SERVICE MAN - I think it's not manufactured properly.

I. SERVICE OWNER - Don't be ridiculous. It's Infinity! where do they go wrong?! never. Just...kids these days, you see? always taking selfies and stuff in weird places. Speaking about it, my nephew was taking a selfie with his head sticking out of the car. We were driving down the busy roads of Manhattan and Whoosh! another car crashed into the phone.

I. SERVICE MAN - Kids....

I. SERVICE OWNER - You see?

[Scene 34]

(Next day - Riot in every Infinity store, North America)

CUSTOMERS - (Rampaging) We want a refund!! this is unacceptable!! we've been cheated!!

I. ASSISTANT - Sir! ma'am! just calm down! w-we're on to it.

I. STORE OWNER - Security! get the security!!

NEWS REPORTER - It's just in, there are huge riots going on in every Infinity store. Customers claim that the company had sold fraud products.

TOBY - (Notices the news).

PA - S-Sir? w-what is this?

TOBY - (Shocked) Shush. I-I'll take care of it, y-you can go now.

PA - Yes sir.

(Door closed)

TOBY - (Goes over the production planning and supply's list - looks up and leaves)

[Scene 35]

(Finance Officials go over the case)

CHAIRMAN - Get on with it! head over!

(the Finance Officer drives over to the Headquarters)

(knocks on the door)

TOBY - Come in.

FINANCE OFFICER - Toby. Finance Officer, Daniel Whiteford.

TOBY - Hmm...

FINANCE OFFICER - Warrant (hands it over).

TOBY - (Checks it out) Wait what? w-why me?!

FINANCE OFFICER - This is a national financial offense. Making profits out of fraud products. You're given two choices: react as per the warrant's instructions and refund the sales commission, including tax. Or face heavy fines - this can mean with jail term also.

TOBY - B-But sir. I-I'm just following the company's policy. Orders by Siddharth.

FINANCE OFFICER - CEO Siddharth?

TOBY - Y-Yes.

FINANCE OFFICER - Show me the company policy papers.

TOBY - F-For what?

FINANCE OFFICER - Proof that you're following the production line procedures.

(checks over the procedures and comes to notice that it's all correct - and that Siddharth has formed the production line procedure)

FINANCE OFFICER - Right then. Sorry for the trouble, Toby. If you'll excuse me, I have some unfinished business to look after.

TOBY - O-Okay.

(Finance Officer leaves the room)

TOBY - (Shocked and turns to look outside the window in fear).

(Phone rings - coming from Siddharth)

TOBY - (Reacts to it and doesn't know what to do).

(Mumbai, India)

SIDDHARTH - Why isn't he picking up?

[Scene 36]

(Singapore)

INCOME TAX OFFICER - I want to meet Richard.

ASSISTANT - Right this way.

(Richard's office room)

INCOME TAX OFFICER - Richard sir, this is Kenneth - Income Tax Officer.

RICHARD - Yes, what's seems to be the case?

INCOME TAX OFFICER - Warrant (hands over a warrant).

RICHARD - What? w-what's this for?

INCOME TAX OFFICER - Your company headquarters is not paying the taxes properly. Each month from the past 6 months, you've only covered 15% of the actual tax price each month. This is an economic offense.

RICHARD - Wait what?! how? we're paying the taxes correctly. How can you simply say something like that?

INCOME TAX OFFICER - Here's the tax record for your headquarters, for the past 6 months.

RICHARD - (Checks over the documents and is shocked) A-Any way out of this nightmare?

INCOME TAX OFFICER - This is a huge economic offense. Your company has a massive debt to cover.

RICHARD - Oh god. Here, g-give me the documents. I-I'll take care of it.

INCOME TAX OFFICER - You'll have to cover the debt charges in less than a week.

(Income tax officer leaves)

RICHARD - (Sits down) Shit.

(Workers and employees show up in meeting room)

RICHARD - W-What happened guys? why are you all up here?

WORKER 1 - I-It's just that, t-the Income Tax Department....t-they put up a warrant on all the front doors.

RICHARD - Oh g-god.

EMPLOYEE 1 - What happened?

RICHARD - I-I'm afraid we uh....didn't cover the taxes properly. W-Where's Nick?

EMPLOYEE 2 - He said he went back home to visit his family.

RICHARD - I-I see....

WORKER 2 - W-We can cover the charges, can't we?

RICHARD - (Works it out on his calculator and is sad) I-I'm afraid uh....w-we'll be losing all our profits. Leaving us.....5 million under par.

WORKER 3 - (Steps forward) I-It's been a good run, for all these years. 6 Months of hard work - a-and for what? a-a warrant, that takes up all our pay. Good day, sir (leaves the building).

RICHARD - (Sad).

(everyone else leaves the building)

RICHARD - (Goes outside his building, watching everyone leave).

(At Starbucks Coffee)

RICHARD - (Sitting all alone, drinking coffee).

(Starbucks Coffee's TV)

NEWS REPORTER - Infinity North America is at trouble at the moment for selling fraud products....

RICHARD - (Notices the news and is shocked).

NEWS REPORTER - Here's what we have from the Finance Officials.

CHAIRMAN - Yes, so apparently it turns out that the company has sold fraud products to billions of customers till date. We've given them a word about this, sent out a warrant. They're yet to come to conclusion with what they will do next.

RICHARD - (Gets up and leaves).

[Scene 37]

(Infinity HQ - front door)

RICHARD - (Sitting down).

(A car arrives - Siddharth comes out)

RICHARD - S-Siddharth?

SIDDHARTH - W-What happened? a-are you okay? (looks around) so quiet, where is everyone? you gave them the day off?

RICHARD - (Stands up - very weak) C-Come here (takes him to the front door).

SIDDHARTH - What is it?

RICHARD - Look at the notice.

SIDDHARTH - (Looks at it) Wait what?! (grabs the warrant from the door) a-a warrant?! b-but how?! did you inform the police? this is fraud, pure fraud.

RICHARD - T-They have evidence. The income tax officer came in - said we didn't pay the taxes properly, for last 6 months. W-We have a huge debt to pay right now.

SIDDHARTH - H-How much?

RICHARD - (Shows the calculator).

SIDDHARTH - (Shocked and collapses).

RICHARD - Siddharth! a-are you okay? oh god.

SIDDHARTH - W-Where did we go wrong?

RICHARD - (Silent).

(Another car comes in - Finance Officer)

FINANCE OFFICER - Siddharth?

SIDDHARTH - (Stands up) Y-Yes, that's me.

FINANCE OFFICER - Finance Officer of the USA, Daniel Whiteford.

SIDDHARTH - I see....

FINANCE OFFICER - Warrant (hands over the warrant).

RICHARD - (Shocked) I-I thought so.

SIDDHARTH - (Looks back at him) Huh?! w-w-what did we do wrong? it's only the taxes isn't it? and that's taken care of by Singapore authorities. Why USA?

FINANCE OFFICER - Warrant for selling fraud products.

SIDDHARTH - Fraud- what?

FINANCE OFFICER - Your new InPhone products. Over a billion customers bought them and have complained about it. It appears you have sold fraud products.

SIDDHARTH - But I don't-

FINANCE OFFICER - Look here - this is the amount of sales commission your company has made out of the products. You have two choices now, either refund the sales commission, with USA Tax - or face heavy fines, including a jail term.

SIDDHARTH - Richard! h-how did all this happen?

RICHARD - I-It was all over the news. I saw it.

SIDDHARTH - Everything went well - all except for North America....a-and Singapore?

FINANCE OFFICER - That's an issue you have to sort out. We even have evidence of you being responsible - (takes out procedure paper copy) your company's production line procedures.

SIDDHARTH - (Takes a look at it).

FINANCE OFFICER - Your signature right?

SIDDHARTH - Y-Yes.

FINANCE OFFICER - That's all I need to know. You're given less than a month's time to refund the entire sales commission - or else, there will be penalties.

SIDDHARTH - (Stunned).

(Finance Officer leaves)

SIDDHARTH - (Collapses).

RICHARD - Siddharth! s-stay calm, w-we can work this out.

SIDDHARTH - But how? w-what did we do wrong?

RICHARD - (Thinks hard) Y-You remember our new recruits?

SIDDHARTH - Yes (stunned) y-you don't think that....

(thinks over it and finds out that it works perfectly)

SIDDHARTH - Nick, a-as the new accountant!

RICHARD - Yes!

SIDDHARTH - A-And.....Toby as...CEO of North America!! yes! t-this must be it! (tears).

RICHARD - Calm down.

SIDDHARTH - (Tears) I-I'm ruined! (crying) t-those two just....ran me out of business!

RICHARD - We can still figure out a way.

SIDDHARTH - How? t-they've taken everything from me! o-our company's dignity, trust, w-we're ruined! w-we're at a debt of 100 billion!

RICHARD - We'll take this to court.

SIDDHARTH - (Stunned and stops crying).

RICHARD - Yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
A twist of events! What happened to Siddharth's company? How did this happen all of a sudden?