Status: The story is purely based on my personal thoughts and experiences up until the end of the Hospital Scenes.

Brain

Brain (Part Six)

[Scene 56]

(PM and Agriculture Minister Press Meet broadcasted on Television)

MINISTER 1 - My heart goes out to affected farmers in the drought. To let you all know, we are doing are best, on behalf of the government, to supply water to not only Maharashtra and Telangana, but other parts of India as well. We seem to be experiencing difficulty in doing so.

REPORTER 1 - Prime Minister sir, what is this difficulty that holds you back?

PM - Ehem....like our minister mentioned. We are facing hard times with our suppliers. Due to their tough times, we're finding it hard to deliver at the right times. We are doing all we can to bring the water to the farmers. Our hearts go out to the farmers, who have sacrificed their lives, for not being able to meet with their demands. It truly is a sad event, I want to take this time acknowledge families....

(People watching this on TV)

PERSON 2 - Waste, what a waste. What's the point in supplying?!

PERSON 3 - They'll keep saying the same nonsense. The media you know, they'll make a big fake news out of their visits to farmlands. Now look, people are dying.

PERSON 4 - Hey! What if he's right? He has other shit to look after. Suppliers na? Always sleeping on the job these days.

PERSON 3 - They're always sleeping, yaar. When have they delivered on time and done work properly? Tell me? So much for installing Aqua-Guard for them.

[Scene 57]

(The opposing political party leader is conducting a rally in farmlands in Maharashtra)

O. LEADER - (On the mic) Listen to me! We are doing our best to help give you the water supply. They said what not, about supplying water and setting up Aqua-Guard fro you all. Tell me....did you really think they would pull something like that off? Look at who's helping the government, an NGO! They're not supposed to work for anyone. They're doing illegal business with you, therefore they just came to divide the lands for you all even further to make it hard for you all!

(Famers go mad about in support of his speech - Rally is being telecasted by the media)

JAI - (Arrives on site with Manish and Suraj) You check in with Telangana, Suraj. Manish and me will take care of this.

O. LEADER - I'm telling you! You should be extra careful during elections! They'll tell you about their plans! In the end they just want your votes!

(Jai walks on stage)

O. LEADER - Look here! They've come here!

(Bodyguards try to pull them off)

O. LEADER - Wait yaar, let them come here and speak.

JAI - (On the mic) Listen, d-don't listen to what he's saying. W-We're doing whatever we can to help you get the water you need.

(Farmers have gone mad over him talking and throwing slippers)

MANISH - Jai....d-don't-

JAI - We're coming here to help you! I'm leaving you now, with one message. Before you vote, think if they're coming to help you out, or point fingers on others (looks at the leader: Rathod)

(After Rally gets over)

O. LEADER - (Approaches Jai) Listen, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. What's your qualification? You're an NGO, how can you simply work for the government like this?

JAI - Can I tell you something? I didn't study in Princeton like you did, yet I've actually done something in a short amount of time. Someone like you, who's been in power for over 10 years. Why does it hurt you so much?

O. LEADER - Ay! AY!-

JAI - Stop. Listen, I don't have time for dirty politics. I know very well you don't fare well in politics anyway.

O. LEADER - How dare you!

JAI - It's because of people like you, we're growing naive and stupid. No offense, but if your strong point is Cinema, then why move over to politics? Just because you're all powerful in Cinema? You bring your fanbase over to politics and wave your power like a magician's wand?

O. LEADER - You-

JAI - Don't get me wrong. I can't run a country, but I can sure help out. You studied in Princeton, you're well educated, and eventually entered Cinema. It's not showing though...you understand?

O. LEADER - I don't have time for your nonsense. Complain all you want about who I am. Farmers are dying (to his ears) What are you going to do?

JAI - I'll do what I'll have to. The real question is, how many more finger-pointing do you have left to do?

O. LEADER - Excuse me?

JAI - You only have 10 fingers. 20 if you count your toes too. Listen, you point fingers however you want. If that's what you entered politics for, then believe me, you have done PhD on this.

O. LEADER - Listen-

JAI - I may have been in and out of the country, but I've kept track of all the people you've acused. You acused our own Prime Minister for his qualification didn't you? Since when did you become Prime Minister? I know for a fact he's doing something. What're your plans? What do you want in life?

O. LEADER - Shut...Up!!! Now!! No one! No one has ever spoke to me like that!! You're speaking to a very key figure in this country! You can count my white hairs! Just one flick of my wrist, and I'll end your career! Mind it!

JAI - I'm glad you mentioned that, I have other stuff to take care of. You're just being a time pass for me.

O. LEADER - T-Time pass?!-

JAI - Point as many fingers as you want on others. I just need one to shut you up (slides a middle finger across his face).

O. LEADER - You!!

JAI - Mama! Mama! Get out....find another job, or keep quiet. Places like Bihar are depending on you. Go help them out, and we'll do our stuff meanwhile. Mind it, if I find you meddling with our projects hereafter, I'm not afraid to have an Income Tax raid in your house.

O. LEADER - You wouldn't!-

JAI - Black money is a problem in this country my man! Bureaucrats, businessman! They all have them. I know for a fact you top the list. (Smiles) Swiss Bank account, right? Tell me beta.....850 Crores? That's all due to the government, bachcha! Now leave us alone, or I'll end your career with one phone call to the Prime Minister.

O. LEADER - How?! H-How do you know about my financial state?!

JAI - You pointed fingers right? (Slides the middle finger across his face again) I did this to you when you were on TV, in my teens. Clear the area, do whatever you can to help this country, try your luck to get back in power, and if not....please retire. You're of no use to us.

(Walks off - Leader takes a car back to his estate)

MANISH - Long conversation with him....what did you do?

JAI - I simply spat venom.

[Scene 58]

(In the next two days - Water supply has reached Maharashtra and Telangana on time)

NDTV REPORTER - This is just in, suppliers have finally met with the deadlines for supplying water. Mass insurance claims have been given out by LIC to the farmers in Maharashtra and Telangana. Supervisors have reported that they'll temporarily be supplying water everyday until the end of this month, to cover for the crops and lives of farmers.

PERSON 6 - Glad they reacted immediately.

PERSON 7 - I remember years back. Similar situation, they had to call for a debate on Times Now. Ridiculous event that was, the problem took weeks to solve. This one luckily took five days.

[Scene 59]

(Parliament Meeting Room)

PM - Well, Jai. You've proved yourself and your team very well. Telangana and Maharashtra farmers have received insurance claims and water supplies. What did this all take?

JAI - When you meet face to face with the culprit, you don't emphasize on his doings on the spot. You reflect on who he is and what he's been doing. To top it off, the power of blackmailing.

PM - Blackmailing? Who?

JAI - No worries, just some small problem, it's all taken care of.

PM - Now then, about contraceptives. All done?

JAI - (Smiles) Everything is back on track.

[Scene 60]

(Opposing Political Party Leader meets with the Chairman of the Party)

CHAIRMAN - Wow, somebody finally came to shut you up.

O. LEADER - Please, stop! H-He pointed the middle finger at me....twice!!

CHAIRMAN - No footage?

O. LEADER - You think I'm the media or something? He's questioning my position with work and all.

CHAIRMAN - Hmm....

O. LEADER - What should we do now? My Income Tax Record is in his hands!

CHAIRMAN - Hmm....

O. LEADER - What hmm?? Always giving me the same response. Now I can't conduct rallies in other states.

CHAIRMAN - Do it here, no?

O. LEADER - What's the point? If we want to be back in power, then we need other people.

CHAIRMAN - Let me give you an idea. My Grandfather formed this party under certain conditions, and he wanted this to carry on. Let me be clear, for the final time....listen to what that Jai said.

O. LEADER - What? You too? Since when did you turn into my wife?

CHAIRMAN - (Slaps him) Idiot! You know how painful it is for me to watch what you're doing?!

O. LEADER - Oh! And you couldn't fire me!

CHAIRMAN - Pressure, yaar. The people wanted you, and you only. Now I'm telling you, stay as the leader, and listen to what he said. Mend your ways. You're simply ruining the state of our party and the ruling states.

O. LEADER - Hmm.....

CHAIRMAN - Just recently, there was a cheat scandal in a school in Bihar. You know that? This student cheated and topped the exams.

O. LEADER - I see...

CHAIRMAN - No, no. You don't see, because at that time you were busy accusing our Prime Minister about his qualifications. What's your problem yaar? He building latrines and what not in this country, you're pointing fingers on others? That other day, you gave a speech about his plans not working well, in a college. Half the auditorium screamed at you and said it was working. What are you thinking?

O. LEADER - It's the situation with the glass being half empty and half full.

CHAIRMAN - What do you want in life? Now I'm asking you the same question he did? What do you want? You used your power as a cinema star and entered politics. You think you can fly like you did in your action films? Do some proper work, yaar. Look, this scandal is hinting out the progress of education in our country. Focus on that. Places like America and all are looking at us, thinking we're smart and all. This student who cheated and topped 12th Grade can't tell the relation between NaCl and common salt! Go fix that, man!

So what, we have four states in our hands. Fix those places for god sake!

O. LEADER - (Feeling sad) Hmm....

CHAIRMAN - (Gets up and drink water) Listen, if my grandfather was still alive, he'd have kicked you out by now. He won't even think about people's desires for you. You're lucky you're still here. This is your last chance, Rathod. Do your part properly, here onwards, or you'll get the boot.

[Scene 61]

(Cherrapunji Construction Site)

LT WORKER 1 - Sir! Materials!

SUPERVISOR - Here!

MURALI - How's everything going here?

SUPERVISOR - Going at full swing. Monsoon is coming late, this year.

VENKAT - It's raining all time here.

ALL - Hahaha.

SUPERVISOR - I mean in other parts, like Maharashtra. Rajasthan hit 52ÂșC.

MURALI - Ooh....so sad.

VENKAT - Progress report?

SUPERVISOR - Foundation is almost ready for the first reservoir. We'll be receiving the concrete sooner or later.

VENKAT - That's fine.

(Income Tax Officers reach the site)

MURALI - Yes, can I help you?

OFFICER 2 - Papers from West Bengal Income Tax Department.

MURALI - Yes, what about it? We're covering them properly till date.

OFFICER 2 - Income Tax Refund. 8 Crores is being refunded.

MURALI - What? Why?

OFFICER 2 - The office mentioned it as a mishap. Here's the refund form.

MURALI - T-Thank you.

VENKAT - What happened?

MURALI - We got refund from Government of West Bengal.

VENKAT - Heh?

MURALI - They charged us too much for the taxes, remember?

VENKAT - Oh yes, yes. I remember now....I knew that was too much.

[Scene 62]

(Parliament - Jai's Office. Minister Rathod enters)

JAI - Ehem?

O. LEADER - No, no, please (sits down).

JAI - (To his PA) Two glasses of water!

O. LEADER - I-I uh....thought about, what you said that day.

JAI - I see.

O. LEADER - Y-You probably know already that....before if someone did this to me, I-I would've caused a protest by now, hahaha.

JAI - Oh, I see.

O. LEADER - See? I-I can be controlled.

JAI - You need a medal for that?

O. LEADER - I've flown down all the way from Bihar to see you. Stop making this uncomfortable. Y-You don't believe me?

JAI - As a 15 year old, personally. We've been exposed to current events. Not one day have I seen this happening. Surely, many have pointed fingers at you, and others. Whether they be religious fundamentalists, or nationalists, and what not. I'm not convinced, I sense a trap. Tell me you've already started a riot somewhere in this country?

O. LEADER - That? O-Oh no, no. I-I'm taking my game seriously this time. M-Moreover, y-you have control of my Income Tax Record.

JAI - (Smiles) Oh, I see.

O. LEADER - Masters Degree in Economics. That's me, from Princeton University.

JAI - Okay.

O. LEADER - Yes, I thought I could just enter politics with what I had in Cinema. It's not the same.

JAI - It's not.

O. LEADER - It's just that, n-no one has spoken to me like that. Y-You're much younger, how could you possibly-

JAI - Born in the year 2000. The age where technology took a dramatic turn. I look back at those days and notice how a child such as me, at the age of 7 or 8, watching news, more frequent than you did in your childhood. Age 13? Got access to social media. Soon as you follow news pages, you are bombarded by harsh news.

One side will talk about a poor girl being raped in Delhi, while the other will talk about a brutal murder in Gurgaon. Then on the other side, I'll see news about you guys, either working towards something, or working towards proving someone wrong. Winning is not about proving others wrong, it's about getting together and making it right.

O. LEADER - Chivas.

JAI - Those are profound truths. But yes, as a child at that age, I could catch on more about current events. From the age of 10 or 11, we're beginning to understand current events and find patterns.

I have a cousin. Aged 9 when I was 12. So fond of aircrafts he was. He's a part of Singapore Airlines today. Back to the point, he was able to investigate through why flights would crash. If someone like him at that age could investigate patterns. Then, I'm more than ready today to face the world. I just waited for the liberty to be given to me.

O. LEADER - I see.

JAI - My curiosity about the downside of this country has drove me into investigating patterns of the functionality of this place. The reason, you're seeing more variety of crops being grown, seeing satisfied farmers with Aqua-Guard and water, and what not. It's all because of curiosity, acting as an engine for us. Sure, I know what to do, but I can't run a country. I'm not fond of politics. I'm fond of problem solving.

O. LEADER - Why not? Be like me, you can do much more.

JAI - I feel, we humans don't need a title to do something. This is stereotyping. People believe you can change the world or course of country with politicians, when you should really be looking into the backyards of suburban homes. You find geniuses from toddlers to adults problem solving independently. It's just like mathematics. While you all were doing the math on the spot, we solved them as a child and are doing it.

Look today. If it wasn't without your act of sabotage. Farmers are happy now.

O. LEADER - I see it. I-I'm sorry, and I'm totally over the whole, middle finger thing.

JAI - That's fine, and if I offended you, I apologize. I should've been more responsible that time. In that point of time, where farmers were dying because of you, that action became my reflex.

O. LEADER - I'll do my best to help the states I control. If you could also be partnered with us, it'll be fine.

JAI - We'll gladly help. First redeem yourself to the people, after which you seek my help.

O. LEADER - Definitely.

JAI - One more thing, no harm to your Income Tax Records. I know it's a serious crime. Once you redeem yourself, we'll look into dealing with your taxes.

O. LEADER - Okay.

JAI - (Smiles) Jai Hind.

[Scene 63]

NDTV REPORTER - Some 32 Ministers, who are MLAs and othr ministers, they have have been suspended for failing to show development of their ruling districts and states. These are ministers of 8th and 10th Grade qualifications, showing influences of ideas such as communism. Large percentage of the suspended MLAs were found to be religious fundamentalists, involved in the cause of riots and problems between communities such as the Muslims and Hindus and parts of this country.

PERSON 8 - Finally, man! We're actually doing something!

PERSON 6 - Hey! Those Hindus were cursing us.

PERSON 7 - Nonsense, it was infleunce over their MLA. Their MLA is a strong Hindu believer, and was prejudice against us. He used the power to form a riot between us.

PERSON 5 - Yes, it's true. If you read the editorials, it clearly states rumours of MLAs being behind this. Now that they're gone, things will settle down.

PERSON 6 - Wait for them to apologize.

[Scene 64]

(Parliament Meeting)

JAI - Next issue in hand is Cleanliness. I've heard about your project of building latrines, which is good for solving issues such as "open defecation".

MINISTER 2 - It's still there?

JAI - It happens in inner cities and villages. There are no public bathrooms for these people. Moreover, the trash cans (shows a picture of existing trash bins) these are ridiculous. They don't look appealing, and second of all they're so small. We're 1.3 billion people, two small trash bins like these, every 500m isn't helping. We need bins every 10 to 20 metres, more like. We need them to be standing, and not on wooden stands like them. We need open bins, not lids on them. People will not take risk of opening dirty bins. Discard the lids of the tall bins and have them placed 10 to 20 metres in cities especially. Littering is a problem in cities, mainly.

MINISTER 5 - Villages and towns? Despite learning the "3 R's" in school and what not, they still toss trash wherever they wish to.

JAI - For that, we'll not only have proper bins in this country. We'll have to have effective promotions about "3 R's" and sustainability. It's a known fact that there are more plastic objects in the oceans and seas than there are of fish.

PM - Oh wow.

JAI - Yes. Ganga River, it is considered as a holy river for Hindus. Let alone that fact, it's also a source of drinking water, coming from melt glacier from Himalayas. I don't mind cremation, but let's limit it.

MINISTER 3 - You're attacking the Hindu community here, be careful.

JAI - I mean what I say. I myself am a Hindu. Listen, if God intends for us to not kill and consume animals, then what to say about cremation? You're making lives harder for aquatic creatures.

MINISTER 2 - What aquatic creatures in rivers? There can't be.

JAI - Eventually they'll end up in the seas and oceans, na? Then these fish will suffocate. Already we're trying to solve water problems, and this is making things work.

PM - Jai. I understand your intentions. Let me remind you that culture and diversity is the sole base of our country. Development is a different aspect, but culture and diversity is something we excel at. Your idea for the Ganga river will cause cultural and religious conflict. I'm fine with a clean-up of the river, because I too agree: there are rubbish in the river. Cremation is something we'll have to think about later. In fact, the same river runs through Bangladesh. Eventually we'll have more desalination plants all around the country's coastlines.

When that's taken care of, I say it won't be a problem.

JAI - But sir-

PM - Jai, it's a controversial topic. On one hand, you decide to do it for conservation of the natural environment, which is good. On the other hand, you can break the cultural harmony of the country. Right now, our sole purpose is improving standards for the country and its people. It's developed nations like Norway and Iceland, who are more focused into matters like you mentioned.

For that, don't think we won't take cleanliness seriously. It will be, because it's important, and satisfies the agenda for both our people and the environment.

JAI - Okay then.

PM - Larsen and Toubro will help?

JAI - Yes, yes.

PM - Okay. We'll have a mass clean up. It will take time, as there are those who compromise with our plans, while others don't.

JAI - Sure.

[Scene 65]

NDTV REPORTER - Latest headlines, Minister Rathod has stepped in to give his input on the cheating scandal in Bihar. We take you live, in Bihar now....

(Live Press Meet - Minister Rathod)

O. LEADER - The cheating scandal, it's definitely an act of crime. Recalling what Albert Einstein once famously said, "Education is not learning the facts, but training of the mind". What has happened recently, is training us into finding more loopholes in the constitution. Let us all bear in mind that the fault is not solely that of the student, but also the examiners and parents for not checking on them properly. Teachers too, if I had to add an extra point.

Not only India, but every country around the world will strongly condemn acts of cheating. In the end ultimately, it's the nation which will suffer....in years to come, i-if they don't learn from us, and o-our past mistakes.

(People watching this on TV)

PERSON 10 - Oh my god! He admit it!

PERSON 11 - Since when has this Rathod guy admit his mistakes? Always covering his tracks somehow.

PERSON 12 - That's why he's not ruling the majority, yaar!

PERSON 11 - He probably did meditation in the Himalayas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Striking moments include Jai's meet with opposing political party leader brings about much tension in the air. Find out what Jai does to put an end to such.