Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter One

My name is Sophie Tanner. No this is not some stupid love story about both mates hating each other then fall in love so quick or anything sparkling in the sun. I meet my mate under some unfriendly circumstances. This is a real story. I am a werewolf and this is my story.

I have been having this dream ever since my eighteenth birthday. I am in the woods, it is midnight and I am always sitting on a giant boulder by the lake in the moonlight under a full moon. Then I hear some branches snap and I quickly get up and snap my head in that direction.

There is a man but I cannot make out what his face looks like. The image of his face is always blurry to me. I wonder who he is and why he is always here.

"Sophie",he says. His voice sounds so familiar and so safe.

"Sophie get out of here they're coming",he says sounding really worried. I always want to ask him who is coming but my mouth opens but no words come out my mouth. The cold breeze of the night makes my body shiver.

I see a creature with red eyes in the distance and I turn around running through the forest. I scratch my legs from running against the small rough plants that are all over the forest. Then I tripped and fell flat on my face. I bring my head up and look around my heart rate speeding up then I heard the same man calling my name.

I hear growling behind me and I turn around to see a black wolf a few feet away from me. The wolf was snarling and baring it's teeth at me. The wolf continues to stay there for a moment longer then out of nowhere the black wolf jumps on me and sinks its teeth into my neck.

Then I wake up breathing heavily and sweating,sitting up in my bed. I bring my hand up to my neck and feel no bite. The dream felt so real. The feeling of the cold night and the bite all felt real. I buried my face in my hands in frustration and a few seconds later my alarm clock suddenly rang. I groaned and picked up my alarm clock from my night stand and checked the time to see that it was only seven thirty-five in the morning. I sigh in frustration while putting my alarm clock back on my night stand and put my head back down to get more sleep until a knock at my door ruins it all.

"Sophie get your lazy ass up. Remember we have to go to the mall today for dress shopping for the ceremony tonight",my best friend Cara said.

Cara and I have been best friends forever. It is true the alpha and beta children are always best friends. She also is the type of girl who would push you to wear a dress when you only want to wear pants. Also the type of girl who would push you to go to a party and then you would have to end up taking her home. Well pretty girls do pretty girl things. She has a five ten height, dirty blonde hair,light skin,and sea blue eyes. Her Alpha genes really did give her tall height.

"Okay I'm up",I lazily reply to her while my head is buried in my pillows.

"Hurry we are leaving in an hour",she says as she is leaving from behind the door to go down the stairs. I groan and pick myself out of my bed again.

I drag myself to my bathroom closet to grab a towel and head into the bathroom. I look in the mirror and see a short girl who has a five six height, bright green eyes,long chocolate brown hair,and slightly tanned skin. I got my green eyes from my mother and brown hair from my father. I moved away from the mirror,started the shower, stripped down to nothing and felt the water to make sure it was at the perfect warm temperature. Then I got in and let the warm water fall on my skin.

After I was done in the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and got dressed. I dress in a black t-shirt,white jeans,and black vans. I wear very simple things. I still wear makeup but very little of it. Then I headed downstairs into the pack house's kitchen. Yes my family lives in the pack house with every other werewolf family.

Cara and her family lives in a separate house because they are the alpha family,our leaders. My family,the betas,chose to stay with the rest of the pack.

When I entered the kitchen I see my mom making breakfast with Cara's mom. They were best friends since my mother came to this pack. Cara's dad,the Alpha,and my dad,the beta,are just talking about everyday pack life. It's pretty boring if you ask me.

My mom must have heard me coming down stairs because she looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey sweetie,how did you sleep",she ask me in her happy,chirpy voice.

"Alright I guess",I say sounding extremely tired.

"You look nice. Is there any boy that you are trying to look nice for",she ask looking at me with a sparkle in her eyes. She has been wanting me to date ever since my last boyfriend. After things with him I now want to save myself for my mate.

My mother does not fully understand. She thinks that I should get into a relationship,socialize,and go to parties. Don't get me wrong I am social. I am just not the social butterfly that she wants me to be. Another thing I didn't get from my mother. Her constant happiness and being really social.

"She better not be dressing up for no boys",my father says giving me a stern look.

My father believes that every girl should wait for there mate. At least he understands.

I look back up at me mother with an slightly annoyed look in my eye.

"No mom I am just going shopping with Cara",I tell her as I grab an apple from the fruit bowl and take a bit. I want her to get off my back about this but I know she will not back down easily.

Good thing Cara shows up just in time to take me away from this uncomfortable conversation.

"Sorry Beta Female but I have to come to take Sophie away for my special mission",she says with a smile and the look in her eye that says 'I am up to something evil' out loud. She also always calls my mother beta female. My mom tells her to call her by her name or call her 'mom' also but her parents taught her to be respectful and call people by their rightful titles.

"Oh and what is that",her mother ask her while turns around and looks at her with a smile and an raised eyebrow.

"To finally make her wear a dress",she says and my mother laughs along with my best friend. 'Good luck with that' I say through the mind link to her and take another bite out of my apple.

"Oh really because that would be a miracle",my mother says and laughs again while cooking breakfast. I just roll my eyes at them and throw my apple away in the trash can.

"Oh yes a true miracle indeed",Cara says.

'Yeah something I bet wouldn't happen' I thought in my head.

"Well have a good day girls and Cara good luck with that mission",my mom says to Cara. With that everyone starts laughing. I then look around at everyone.

"So nice and funny how you guys can talk like I'm not here", I say giving them a fake glare.

"Well if you guys don't mind I will like to steal my best friend back",I say and grab Cara then push her towards the door.

After she says goodbye to her parents I say goodbye to mine. Then we leave to go off to the mall.

While we were in the car I was off lost in daydreaming. Trying to remember what my dream was about and the man in it. I didn't even notice we were already at the mall and Cara had parked the car until I was pulled out of my day dreaming.

"Hello earth to Sophie",she says moving her hand in front of my face.

"I'm sorry what were you saying",I say back to her blinking my eyes a few times.

"Wow you seriously we're not listening to any of the words I was saying", she says faking to be hurt.

"I am so sorry Cara. It's just I had that dream again",I say. I know I have been ignoring her and I feel bad about it but I cannot get that dream or that man from my dream out of my head.

"Dang Soph. That dream is really making you miss out on things in life. You don't even know if anyone or anything in that dream is real and that it will actually happen. You letting it turn you into a no good anti-social person",she says and then quickly turns to look at me with sad eyes realizing what she said. She basically called me a crazy person. When she was about to say something I put my hand up not wanting hear another word.

"No I know. I have not been the perfect person that everyone wants me to be but I can't believe you just said that",I say.

"Let's go shopping and talk about his later",I say and open the car door on my side.

"Okay",she sadly says opening her car door. I know she really wants to help me. I just don't want to be who they all want me to be. I like being me.

We walk out of her highly expensive car that she got for her sixteenth birthday. When we are walking inside she quickly takes another look at me too make sure I am not too mad at her. We hardly ever fight with each other and when we do it's not pretty. I just give her a quick glance when she is not looking at me and walk forward towards the mall.

Once we got inside we started to hit every store. Looking for the 'perfect' dress for me. Now we have been in almost every dress store already. We bought makeup and jewelry but still no dress. I already given up but Cara has not. We exit the store and take a break and walk around. When we are walking around we stop to take a break to get a smoothie at Smart Smoothie.

We walk up to the counter to order our smoothies when a guy bumps into me. When our shoulders touched I got a bad feeling off of him. He looks up at me and then smiles. His smile made my bad feeling about him grow stronger.

"Oh. I'm sorry",he says looking up at me with his sharp blue eyes.

"It's okay",I say giving him the best fake smile I can,pulling off the shock look off my face. I don't want him feeling weirded out because I have some random look on my face. Then he turns and leaves.

'Are you okay',Cara ask me through the mind link and I nod my head. I turn to her and said 'yes' through the mind link. We order our smoothies. A strawberry kiwi one for me and a triple berry one for her. Then we sit down.

Cara looks around for a bit then takes a sip out of her drink and then looks up at me while I am taking a small sip out of my strawberry kiwi smoothie.

"Soph I am sorry about earlier",she says with a sad voice and an apologetic look in her eyes.

"Care it's okay. Don't worry about it",I say and give her a reassuring smile.

'Can't she see that I am fine',I thought.

"No Soph let me finish",she says,"You are my best friend. You are like the other sibling I never had. I worry about you. Sometimes I just cannot find the right words to say. Just please don't be mad at me because I would hate to lose my sister".

After she said that her eyes were already watering like she was going to cry.

"Cara I'm not mad at you. Okay. It's just there is so much things on my mind and I would love it if you can understand me a little more okay".

She then nods happily and then I take a sip out of my strawberry kiwi smoothie. Then when I bring my head up to look at her I see that she has her eyes super glued to somewhere else. I turn around to check and see what her eyes are glued on and the I see a beautiful fancy dress store. Now I know that I'm in for it. I look back at her to see her looking at me with pleading eyes telling me that this is the perfect store to find my dress.

"Do we really have to",I ask her with a pleading look for us not to go near that store.

"Yes",she says. And with that she drags me out Smart Smoothie and into the store across from there.

We have been searching for a dress forever. We have been having zero luck. Well maybe some luck for me because if I didn't find a dress then I wouldn't have to wear one.

"Why can't I wear pants to the ceremony",I said. I hate wearing dresses because they show that women have to be pretty for men. I don't want to be pretty in front of anyone until I find my mate.

"You know you can't. This is the ceremony that shows us as adults and we become the next Alpha and Beta of our pack. We have to show that we are responsible to our parents in order to do what we are meant to do",she says and I nod my head agreeing with her. Female leaders and a female second in command is rare but our pack is more accepting I guess.

I guess she is right. She was a wild party girl until her father threatened to give her position to any other alpha child from another pack that seemed worthy. Then she became a whole new person. Well not entirely. We sneak out the pack,saying we are going to go on a run but go to a party instead.

I am continuing searching for my dress until I hear Cara gasp and I shot my head up in her direction. Then she looks at me and smiles.

"I have found your dress",she says with excitement. 'I doubt it' I thought to myself.

I go over to look at the dress and when I see it,it is my dress. It is beautiful blue sleeveless short dress. Not too short but not too long.

"That is my dress",I tell her and grab the dress checking the size. Once I know it is my size we get Cara a dress then go to the cash register to pay for both dresses. I know you are probably wondering,how do two teenagers have so much money for a shopping trip. Well our pack has a lot of money and being an Alpha or Beta child gives us a lot of access to it.

Then we head out the mall,back to the car,and head back to the pack territory.
♠ ♠ ♠
© Copyrights to QueenMikeyBobbi