Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Ten

I picked up my phone and dialed Cara's number. When the phone was ringing I got so excited that I was going to talk to my best friend that I have not seen for awhile. She picked up.

"Hello",she said sounding tired.

"Cara",I say smiling.

"Who is this".

"It's me Sophie".

"Oh my gosh Sophie. How are you? Are you okay",she says really loud through the phone.

"Yeah Yeah I'm fine".

"I missed you so much. It's so boring here..."

"I missed you too. Ryder has been a pain".

"Like how?"

"He had recent relations with another woman before finding me. Also he is way too possessive".

"Sweetie every werewolf does before they find their mate. The year we live in now...sex is a thing now. Also he is an Alpha. Alphas get more possessive than any other type of wolf",she says. But I don't want Ryder knowing everything I do. But when he is not there I miss him.

"Why did I have to get mated to an Alpha. Also out of all the women it had to be the pack whore",I say feeling myself want to rip that whores head off.

"Wow really"

"Yes really"

"Okay"

"So how is your mom doing",I ask her. Losing a mate and not being able to have their touch on you anymore changes things.

"She's hanging in there. She is just more quiet now. Your parents miss you you know"

"Yeah where are they"

"Your father and mother are out right now. Your father got a job as one of the leaders of the warrior groups and your mother is now the second pack healer"

"Wow all this already. How about you"

"My uncle might give me his pack due to his mate not being able to have kids",she says. Well his mate is a human's so things are different with them.

"That sad but still good for you right? It's either that of the pack goes to the king",I ask her. Yes we have an Alpha King.

"Soph ever since everything. I kind of stopped wanting to be a Luna",she says sounding like she is about to cry.

"Everything will be okay Car",I say trying to comfort her over the phone. I can't be with her because now I have a new pack.

"Yeah Soph I got to go. Call me again soon okay"

"Okay bye love you"

"Bye love you too",then she hangs up. I just want to cry because I am so far away from my family and my best friend.

I suddenly hear the front door to the house open and I hear fast footsteps coming up the stairs. I get off my bed and open the door to be face to face with Ryder.

"What do you want",I ask him.

"I wanted to talk to you about this pack. Also go over some rules with you",he says and then just walks into the room.

"Sure just walk right in",I say.

"Yeah I can. Don't forget this is also my room. You are lucky that every night I sleep somewhere else to give you your space",he says slightly raising his voice with some authority.

'Ha. He is trying to make us submit",I say to my wolf.

'Just do it. I can feel the anger from his wolf',she says trying to warn me.

"Okay then say what you came here to say",I say.

"Next time you leave the territory Warren or me has to go with you",he says.

"What? You are hardly here and Warren hates me",I say glaring at him.

"Well it's either that or you don't go anywhere at all",he says.

"Yeah and so you can spend more time with your whore",I hiss at him.

"No. Yes Jessica and I had a past. But me and her have been done for a while now. Why do you care",he ask looking at me with a new emotion in his eye. Amusement. I get angry to see how he finds what I think is amusing.

'You are showing that you are jealous',my wolf points out to me.

'I am not jealous',I say to her.

'Yes you are',she says back. So I just cut her off not wanting to hear any more.

"You can do whatever you want Alpha. I don't care because I do not follow your orders and never will",I say.

"Okay if that is how you want to do things then I can play along to",he says and walks out the room. I heard the front door slam to the house and just sat back down on the bed and sighed.

I decided to go to the pack house because the only friends I have live there. When I got to the pack house I sat on the couch in the living room and text Zoey.

'Hey I'm here',I text to her.

'Okay I will be there in a few minutes',she says and after a few minute she is in front of me with Lisa.

"Hey. Where is April and May",I ask.

"They are with their mates somewhere",Lisa says.

"Yeah mine just does not get me",I say.

"Oh what now",Zoey says sitting next to me on the couch.

"He wants me to go somewhere with only him or Warren only",I say.

"It could be because he really cares about you",Lisa says.

"Yeah but also...I don't know. Lisa you are so lucky that you don't have your mate yet",I say.

"Isn't that him right there",Lisa says pointing in another direction and I turn my head to see Ryder talking to someone that I already hate. Jessica.

I looked at Zoey and Lisa. They looked at me carefully to make sure I don't run over there and kill Jessica. My wolf was even dying to get out right now. I just use my werewolf hearing to listen to what they are talking about.

"I thought you said that you had a mate to care for now",Jessica says pretending to be hurt.

'She just wants him to feel bad for her',I say to my wolf.

'Yeah and who's fault is that',she says to me. I just listen to them again.

"Yeah but she does not want me so I was wondering if you would like to get together sometime",he says smirking at her. That smirk was enough to make any girl week on their knees. Even me. But I was not going to let him win me over this easily.

I was just glaring at them and then he took a quick glance at me and smirked a little bit.

''He is trying to make me jealous'',I say to Zoey and Lisa.

'Us jealous. Its working on me. I don't know about you',my wolf says back sounding really pissed.

"Why",Zoey says.

"Because he is mad that I said that I was not going to follow his rules",I say.

"So what are you going to do",Lisa says.

"Not going to let him win that is for sure. I am going to go take care of somethings",I say and walk out the pack house not wanting to pay any more attention to Ryder and Jessica.

If he thinks that he can mess with my emotions then I am going to mess with his.

'Don't do that to our mate',my wolf shouts at me.

'Watch me',I say then shut her off. Time to play a game with the Alpha.

It was already night time and I was looking out the window. I saw pack members walking with their mates. Showing love to each other. I wish I had a mate that showed that but instead I got a mate that shows jealousy and possessiveness.

I turn to see a group of teens that are sneaking out of the territory. I know they are because Cara and I and some other pack members would sneak out and go clubbing too. Maybe I should get out and have some fun.

I hurry and get up and go outside to follow the group of teenagers. I catch up to them and then see them go into the woods. I follow them until they got to the end of the territory. There is no guards here so it's easy to just leave.

"Hey what are you guys doing out here",I shout out to them but not too loud. Last thing I need is the whole guard here.

"Nothing Luna. We were just going out for a walk",one guy says to me.

"Sure because you don't need to leave the territory for that",I say looking at them.

"We are just going to the new club that just opened up Luna",one girls says to me and the rest of her group just glares at her. She just looks at them and shrugs her shoulders.

"What she was going to find out anyway",she says.

"So are you going to tell on us or what",another boy from the group says.

"No but then you would have to take me with you",I say smiling. Then the whole group just starts exchanging looks and mumbles then looks at me.

"Does the Alpha know that you are leaving",he ask me.

"Does the Alpha know you are here? Come on I mind linked him and told him I was leaving the house and he does not care. I won't get in trouble but you guys will because my hearing is more advanced than yours and if we don't leave now then the guards will get here any minute",I say hoping they would buy my fake story.

"Okay come on",what seems like the group's leader says because the rest of them looked at him for an answer.

We all left and I was happy. Hope when Ryder sees that I am gone that he will have the reaction I want him to.

We got to the club and the leader of the group got us in. The club seems like a werewolf club because I can smell werewolves from different packs here. Surprisingly even some rogues. Must not be that dangerous to be in a place like this.

Once we got to the bar I ordered a drink. Werewolves have fast metabolism so we had a special drink made for us. It is way too strong for humans though. I was working on my drink but then some werewolf caught my eye across the dance floor. He had blond hair,blue eyes,and since he was shirtless I saw all of his muscles. He looked like every girl's dream guy. I went up to him and started dancing on him.

We were dancing and I started grinding up against him. The teenagers were nowhere in sight but I did not care. It felt weird dancing with someone who is not my mate. I was too busy trying to get this werewolf's scent on me to get Ryder mad. I was moving my hips to the beat.

"Want to get out of here",the guys asked smirking at me. His face made me want to now vomit since he was not my mate.

"No thanks",I say smiling politely and was about to leave but he grabbed my arm.

"Why not",he ask me.

"Because I am her mate",a voice says full of Alpha authority making the wolf bow in submission. The wolf then hurries and leaves and I am left alone but when I turn around I am once face to face with a very pissed Ryder and Warren smirking evilly next to him.