Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Twelve

I wake up the next morning no longer feeling like I did yesterday. Maybe the mate bond was starting to take effect on me but I was still not going to give him the satisfaction of me actually starting to like him.

I head to the pack house to see Lisa,Zoey,April and May talking. When I sit down they turn theirs heads to me. I start to get confused because they look at me with worry. Also they look upset with me.

"What",I say looking at them confused.

"We know what you did yesterday",Zoey says speaking first sounding a little upset with me.

"What were you thinking",Lisa says looking upset.

"I was showing Ryder that he cannot control me. You guys saw what he did yesterday. I was not just going to let him win",I say.

"Yeah but you had to have my sister involved with you getting in trouble",Lisa says looking at me with a small glare. I notice that April and May are just sitting there in silence.

"Your sister",I question Lisa.

"Yeah she was told to have extra omega task for a few weeks",Lisa says glaring at me standing up.

"Well I didn't know okay",I say standing up as well.

"Yeah sure you didn't. You are too focused in making Ryder jealous instead of getting to know your pack",Lisa says sounding more upset with me.

"Well sorry. I just wanted to not look like a bitch that cannot defend herself",I say to her starting to feel a little hurt and angry.

'Maybe I should have been more caring in what I was doing',I say to myself.

"Lisa you know what you are right. I am sorry but when you find your mate you will understand. Right now you are completely a clueless person and don't knows how that mate bond works. Until then I will go back to my house",I say and walk away. I feel bad because I told her that she will never understand. Which she won't be able to since she has not found her mate.

I go into my house and watch TV when I hear someone enter the house.

"Hey",the person says. Judging by the person's scent I know that it is Ryder.

"What do you want",I say trying to sound mad at him. I don't know why but the bond is making it harder for me to sound mad at him. The bond is pulling us more together no matter how much I try to pull us apart from each other.

I can tell that he wanted to tell me something about my tone of voice that I was using to speak to him but he just closed his eyes and took a quick breath. Then he opened his eyes.

"I was wondering if you would like to start over",he says.

'Start over',I said to myself.

"What do you mean? Start over",I question looking at him.

"Like we can start over and have a fresh start with everything",he says nervously.

'Wow a nervous Alpha. Something very rare to see',I say laughing in my head to my wolf. Wow first he wanted to be something and now friends.

'Give him a chance. He will treat us right',she says to me.

'You would love that wouldn't you',I say to her. She is too easy.

"What about Jessica",I ask trying to get him to just go away.

"I thought I told you she meant nothing to me",he says sounding a little hurt. Then yesterday's conversation between us played in my mind. He yelled at me and I still somehow care about him because of a stupid bond.

"Are you still scared of me",he ask me.

"I was never scared of you",I say simply with a flat tone in my voice.

"So yesterday you weren't...."he says but then his voice starts to trail off when he sees me glaring at him.

"Never mind",he says.

"So will you",he ask continuing with a look of hope in his eyes.

"I will think about",I say. I think that he is getting mad but then he does the opposite and surprises me by his next words.

"Okay",he says then smiles.

"Okay",I say back giving him a small smile.

"Well I have to get back to the office to take care of somethings",he says about to leave.

"Wait Ryder",I say.

'I have to make things right with Lisa',I told myself.

"Yes",he says looking at me telling me to hurry with the look in his eyes.

"Can you take the punishment off of those kids. They made a mistake. A stupid one yes but if we are starting over then let them go from their punishment. Please",I ask him hoping that he will say

"Okay",he says again cutting me out of my thoughts again.

"Thank you",I give a real smile this time and then he leaves.

The whole time I was just spending more time around the house. I was texting Cara but she somehow got busy. Ever since this whole thing happened are friendship changed. We were inseparable but now I am not so sure any more.

I have made friends here but my stupidity might have taken my friendship from them away already.

The whole day at the house I made my own food. I was still a little upset with my conversation with Lisa. Ryder wants another chance too.

'What should I do',I ask my wolf partly knowing the answer she was going to give me.

'Give him a chance. Him and his wolf were made for us like we are made for him. Nothing should ruin that',she says. I really start to think about if me and him stayed together for the rest of our lives.

'Would I be happy',I asked myself deep in thought.

There is a sudden knock on the door and I am pulled out of my thoughts. I get up and lazily make my way towards the door. I pull the door open and see a woman. Now that I notice Ryder he is like 6'2,has short black hair,and green eyes. This women looked somewhat like him but I didn't know who she was.

"Hello may I help you",I ask her.

"Yes I am here looking for my son",she says smiling at me. Her smile looked kind of forced.

"Your son",I question.

"Yes my name is Ada King and I am the mother of your Alpha Ryder King",she says starting to look a little irritated with me.

"Oh sorry come in",I say quickly moving away from the door so she can walk in. She looks around the room and then looks back at me.

"Look I know you must be a nice girl but please go away and wait for your mate. You should not be wasting your time with my son because once he finds his mate he will leave and forget about you",she says glaring at me a little. This causes me to be a little upset.

"I am not his whore",I say trying to keep calm but my wolf wanted to make her appearance from me being called a whore and saying that my mate would leave me.

"That is what they all say but when he breaks their hearts that is exactly what they seem like. All ruined for their actual mate",she says. She sounds like she had this conversation with some other girls that Ryder has been with.

'Figures',I say in mind.

"I am his mate",I say.

"That is what some of them said also. Then again they were in denial and crazy",she says crossing her arms. She is one short woman but looks like she can beat someone into a coma easily.

'Probably how she got all the girls to run away from Ryder',I say laughing a little in my head.

"I will be right back",I tell her backing away then I run up the stairs to the room and find the phone to dial Ryder's number. I wait until her picks up his phone.

"Hello",he says sounding annoyed.

"It's me",I say to him.

"Oh sorry I thought you were the school calling me back",he says sounding tired but his attitude changed now that he knew I was talking to him. Alpha's have lots of responsibility. Whether its with training,leading the pack,and taking care of our private werewolf schools.

"Well your mom is here and does not believe that I am your mate",I say to him. He sighs.

"Oh my mother. I thought she was coming next week. I must have lost track of time. I was going to tell you. I will be home right now",he says then hangs up the phone.

'Well okay then',I say then head back to the living room. Right when I get back there I see Ryder's mother sitting down on the sofa.

"Ryder will be home right now",I say and she just nods her head at me.

A few minutes later Ryder just walks into the house and goes up to his mother to give her a hug.

"Mother. It's been a long time",he says smiling at her when they break away from their hug. I smile seeing how happy they looked.

"Yes it has. Son is this young girl right here your mate",she says looking at me in what seems like annoyance and then back at him smiling.

"Yes mother I actually found my mate. Her name is Sophie Tanner",he says smiling proud to tell his mother that he had finally found his mate.

"Oh good I thought she was another one of your whores",she says. Not saying anything good about me or her son finding a mate. And with that the small smile on my face drops and I know that this visit is going to be a living hell.