Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Thirteen

The rest of the day Ada just left with Ryder to his office. I don't understand why she is not happy with her son finding a mate. Also the fact that she completely does not like me. I guess I will have to show her that I am not that bad of a person.

'She probably is just one of those over protective mothers',I thought.

The door to the house opens and Warren walks in. He looks at me with a quick glare and then turns around to go into the kitchen. I just stand up and go towards the kitchen. When I walk in I see him drinking a shot of liquor. Us werewolves have to drink a lot of regular liquor to get a drunk effect. So I was wondering why he even bother to drink something that was going to have little to no effect.

"Why do you hate me so much",I ask him. He just looks up at me then drinks another shot then puts the glass back down on the kitchen counter. After he walks towards me.

"Because every time a new woman comes into my best friend's life he ignores me",he says sounding and looking very sad.

'Okay he must be drunk',I say to myself. Also I can't help but to feel sorry for him.

"Well don't be so mean to me about it",I say looking up at him. He is one tall man. He is 6'1,has brown eyes,short brown curly hair,and caramel colored skin.

"We can be friends you know",I say to him. He must not have much friends due what seems like a loner status. Usually male Betas are playboys.

He just starts laughing but does not say anything.

"What is so funny",I say.

"Why would I be friends with you? Besides you actually believed that I was that much of a loner here",he says every few words between laughs.

'Is he trying to be insulting',I say in my mind.

"If I were you...I would not complain because it seems like nobody wants to be your friend because you seem like a freaking jackass. Maybe you force them to be friends with you with your all good for nothing Beta authority. Asshole",I snap at him leaving him stunned by my outburst.

Later in the day close to evening Ryder and Ada came home. Ryder just walks up to me.

"There is going to be a council dinner tonight",he says to me.

"You never told me about this",I say to him.

"Well I am telling you now so get ready",he says a little impatiently. His mother just standing there in the background looking irritated. Then I remember back to the trip at the mall that I didn't buy much dresses.

"I don't have a dress",I say preparing myself for him to yell something. Instead I saw his facial expression change letting me know that he was mind linking someone. Then he snapped out of the mind link and looked back at me.

"Zoey and Lisa are coming over with some things for you to get ready",he says and then walks out the room with his mother behind him.

I impatiently wait for Zoey and Lisa going through my phone. Looking at the old pictures I really start to miss my old pack. Suddenly and Zoey and Lisa enter the room. Zoey starts to carefully put the dress down and Lisa starts to get the makeup out.

They start helping me with my shower and getting dress. Zoey leaves the room saying she forgot something. After Lisa and I share a quick look at each other and then look away. We spend the next few minutes in silence.

"I'm sorry",I say to her and then she looks up at me.

"There is nothing to be sorry for. I was being disrespectful to you",she says looking upset with herself.

"No I should be sorry. You were right. I should have been more careful and thought more about the pack before myself. Also I got the punishment on your sister and the rest of those teenagers removed",I say to her all too quick but somehow she still hears me.

"Thank you",she says then hugs me.

"You must really take care of your sister",I say.

"Yes. My mother died when giving birth to my sister and my dad started to abuse us because my sister looked like our mom and he would abuse her for it. He never abused me because I looked more like him and was not a reminder of our mother's death",she says very sadly. I can tell the flashback flashed through her mind because your her facial expressions had changed when she was in deep thought. Then her face expression changes back and she is trying to hold back some tears.

"Okay let's get you all ready for the dinner tonight",she says trying to mask her sadness with a smile. Then Zoey comes in.

"Everything okay with you guys",she asks us and we turn our heads to each other then smile while nodding at the same time.

After getting ready with my makeup and everything they let me look in the mirror. This girl I saw looked nothing like me. She was beautiful. I had a dark blue short sleeve dress that went down to my knees,diamond earrings and necklace,and some black high heels. The makeup I had on was some mascara,eyeliner,eyeshadow,and some lip gloss.

I continue looking in the mirror at my curled hair. I got my fingers and placed them in my hair playing with my curls. I continue to look in the mirror until Zoey and Lisa are behind me. I turn around to face them and smile.

"Thank you guys so much. I look so beautiful",I say bringing them both into a big hug. I am not the hugging type of person but right now I made an exception. We continue being here for a little while longer until there is a knock on the door. We tell the person to come in and Ryder walks in. When he sees me he stops where he is and just looks at me. When he is looking at me I start to feel worried that I don't look good enough or maybe I don't meet his expectations.

"You look...beautiful",he says the word beautiful as if he as not seen much beautiful people in his life.

'Well you are not just any person....you are his mate',my wolf says. This time I must agree with her.

"Thank you. You look nice too",I say seeing him in his black suit and tie.

"Let's go",he says and holds out his hand which I take so we can make our way to the dinner.

We go outside to the car and get in. We drive away to the council house. The drive is not that far but I guess he did not want to walk. The council house is only minutes away. So once we get there he hurries and gets out the car to go around and hold open my door for me.

The council house is so beautiful. It is like a castle with its royal palace look. It's a pretty blue looking mansion. We step inside and see even more of this place's beauty inside. Ryder leads me to the council room and leads me to where we will be sitting. I sit down with Ryder sitting right next to me.

The council walks in and I see Ryder's mother with them. Well the old Alpha,Beta,Delta,and Gamma take places in the Zeta council for every pack once their children take over. Once everyone sat down we were all served our food. There was all sorts of food to eat. Ryder and the old Beta and his wife which I figures out there names are Dwayne and Della Hunt. Also they are Warren's mother and father. Warren seems to look like his father in a way but got his color from his mother. His mother is a beautiful African American woman.

Then I also met April's and May's parents. The Deltas. William and Jasmine Lee. I can tell that the twins got all their looks from their mother. Their son Conner Lee took the position as Delta with his mate and wife Jane Anne Lee. They have one son and another child on the way. The Delta's take care of the Beta and Alpha families making sure their families are well guarded also they help with some businesses we own and schools making sure our existence remains a secret to the humans.

Lastly I met the Zeta Gamma's. Macon and Lucinda Owens. They have their son Mason Owens who is now the Gamma. He just took over not too long ago and is still trying to get used to being Gamma. The Gamma's are in charge of the warriors. Making sure they are prepared for any attack that can happen at any time of the day.

The Deltas and Gamma families have other children that took the Delta and Gamma position but they didn't come to tonight's dinner. Dwayne and Della also have a daughter but she found her mate and moved in with him and they have not heard from her since. They said that she and Warren used to be best friends and when she left it broke him. Jasmine looked at me and then Ryder then smiled.

"You guys are such a lovely couple. Are you guys having any little ones any time soon",she ask with her voice sounding full of hope. I just choke on my drink.

"No not yet",Ryder says with a smile.

"I am going to wait until she is fully ready to carry Alpha pups",Ryder continues saying. I dislike how werewolves use the term pups for children. People already think of us as animals.

'Don't feed to it',I said in my head.

"Well we don't need your brother taking position. If you don't produce a strong Alpha pup then your brother can fight for this position again",Dwayne says cutting into the conversation.

'Wait brother',I say in my head.

"Wait you have a brother",I ask Ryder. He just looks at me like her does not want to answer the question at all.

"Yeah but he left and has not been back for a while",he says and just takes a long sip of his drink.

"Well you should have children soon because I believe you can lead this pack but what about her",Ada says pointing her finger at me like I was trash at the table needing to be taken out.

"What do you mean? What about her",I ask her.

"Well we need to know if you are strong and capable enough to produce strong Alpha children because if not then the Moon Goddess made a mistake making you the future Luna to this pack and my son's soul mate",she says.

"I am more than good enough for this pack. All because I was born a girl and a Beta child I was trained and taught what it means to be a good leader in any situation. No one or you get to say that I am not good enough for nobody because I am here because I am right for this position",I say looking at her with anger and some sadness because she was making me look like a fool in front of everyone. I just left the room and went outside. When I left I heard a growl from Ryder and some people at the table trying to calm him down.

I didn't want him angry at his mother,I just couldn't stand to be in the room anymore. When I was outside I took in some fresh air and looked into the distance outside. It was a beautiful night with the moon out. Someone places a small hand on my shoulder.

"What",I ask a little irritated but then when I fully turn around I see Ada.

"Oh it's just you",I say and turn back around.

"You passed"she says. I turn around and looked at her with confusion.

"You passed the test. Every girl who tries to date my son I always put the test on them and you were the only one who passed it",she says smiling.

"I thought you hated me",I say relieved she does not hate me but still confused.

"No I never did but if I was nice to you then I could have never tested you too see how you would react if someone were to challenge your rights as future Luna",she says.

"I am sorry if I made you believe that I hated you",she says looking sorry.

"It's okay",I say as I hug her which surprised her at first but then she hugged me back.

"Let's get back to the dinner",she says then smiles and then we go back inside. Once we sit down and continue on with dinner we all talk about various topics. Some of them about my old pack.

After a while Ryder then offers to take me home because of how tired I looked so I accepted. I said goodbye to everyone and Ryder's mother offered to take me somewhere next week so I accepted her offer.

Once we were outside and got into the car we were driving back to the house. Ryder kept on stealing glances at me. I kept on looking at him too. Once we got back he opened the door for me. I was about to go inside the house before Ryder stopped me.

"Well tonight was good",he said trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah I thought your mother hated me but turns out she doesn't",I say to him.

"She was just looking out for me. Sophie I wanted to ask you....",he says trailing off a little bit.

"Ask me what",I ask him back.

"If you would like to go out with me on Saturday",he says. Saturday is like a few days away.

'Say yes',my wolf says wanting to spend a lot more time with her mate.

"Yes",I just suddenly say but then realized me wolf pushed me to say yes but then maybe I do want this date with him.

"Okay. I will see you later I guess",he says smiling. Then he brings his face closer to mine. I thought he was going to kiss me but then he kissed me on my cheek. I blushed and tried to hide it with my hands but Ryder pulled my hands away.

"Don't hide your blush because it's beautiful",he says smiling.

He then turns away back to his car. I want to call him back to stay in the house with me tonight but was too nervous to ask.

'Wondered where he stayed at',I thought in my head.

I went back into the house and into the room. I turned on the light and let out a small scream when I saw what was on my bed......