Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Fourteen

It would just lay there. A dead gray wolf. I screamed and then turned to run out my house. I could not stay in there so I ran as fast as I could outside. When I was out there I was caught into someone's arms to be stopped from running in the forest. When I looked up to meet the person's eyes I saw that Ryder caught me.

"What's wrong",he says with his voice full of worry.

"There was something upstairs....in the room",I say spacing out a few words from my lose of breath. He just looks up at the house and runs towards it. I run after him not wanting to be alone.

Once we got back in the house he slowly went upstairs and I hesitantly followed. We got in front of the room and he opened it and there was blood everywhere. Blood but no wolf.

"What",I said in disbelief.

"What did you see in here",he ask me.

"I saw a dead wolf",I said in shock with my eyes wide.

"I have to call Warren don't move. If anything happens call me",he says then steps out the room. Once he is far enough I step closer to where the blood is and I see a clean paper. In all this blood there is one piece of paper that lays on the bed. Somehow no blood got on it. I open the paper and see four words that make me terrified: WE ARE WATCHING YOU. I hear Ryder walking back to the room and when he does come back in I hurry and hide the note.

"Are you okay",he ask me.

"Yeah. Just a little shaken up",I say. The last time I saw a dead wolf was when the attack on my pack. Then suddenly I start to feel like I am having a panic attack.

'What if the pack gets attacked next? Ryder? What would happen to him',I asked myself.

I start breathing really heavily and then Ryder turns to me looking scared.

"Soph look at me. Just calm down okay",he says when Warren walks in with three pack warriors.

"I can't",I say looking around the room.

"Just please...take a deep breath",he says and I do as he says. Then I close my eyes for a few seconds then open them again and I am calmed down.

"What happened",Warren says looking around the room.

"She just saw this when she came in. Get some Omegas in here to clean this up",Ryder says.

"And you two get more warriors on patrol tonight",he says turning to the three pack warriors. He then turns back to me and then picks me up bridal style.

"You are staying with me tonight. Okay",he says then takes me out the house.

Once we get to the car he opens the door and places me in car. After I am in the car he gets into the driver's seat and drives away. Throughout the car ride he looks in the mirror to the back seat to see if I am okay. To tell the truth I am not okay.

Seeing that dead wolf and then it just disappearing. Then the note. The car stop and I looked out the window to see the pack house. Ryder quickly got out the car and opened my door to help me out. Once he had me in his arms he carried me into the pack house.

When we got inside some pack members were watching TV,Omegas taking care of the younger ones,teens talking,and mates talking to each other. Once everyone saw us they bowed their heads in submission to their Ryder and I. Zoey and Lisa hurried over to us looking at me with worry on their faces.

"Is she okay",Zoey ask.

"Yes just a little shaken up",he says.

"Is there a room she can stay in",he asked Zoey.

"Yeah",she says nodding her head then she shows us to the room I will be staying in for the night.

Zoey showed us to a room. Once the door was opened I saw the room. It had light blue walls and the bed had white pillows and light blue blankets. Lets just say the room had a light blue theme. Zoey moved back the blankets and Ryder put me down on the bed.

"Thank you",he says to Zoey and she just nods her head then leaves.

Once Ryder got me into bed he turned to leave. Something in me could not be without him right now.

"Wait",I say to him. He stops walking then looks back at me.

"What is it",he ask me.

"Can you stay with me",I say in with a shy voice.

'Dang. Why am I too shy to ask a question',I ask myself in my head.

"Yeah",he says then comes back towards me and lays on the bed with me. Then I realized I will not be able to fall asleep in a dress. I turn to look at Ryder and see he has a shirt and jeans on. He changed fast after I saw him.

"I can't sleep in this dress",I tell him.

"Then take it off",he says and gives me a smile.

"Your joking. I am not sleeping practically naked in bed with you",I say to him letting out a small laugh.

"You will some day",he says still smiling.

"Well be prepared to wait forever",I say then he just gets up and takes off his shirt and hands it too me.

I get up and head into the restroom. Once I get inside I see body wash,toothbrush,face wash,and other things in there. They must keep new stuff in here for all the guest. I just get a small towel and face wash to clean off my makeup. Then after I take the dress off and put on the shirt. After I open the restroom door and hurry under the blankets of the bed. I try hiding my face because I don't want Ryder to see me completely without makeup.

"Why are you hiding your face under the blankets",he ask me moving to his side to face me.

"I look horrible",I say. Then he pulls the blankets off my face and then he looks at me. The world just stops when I look in his eyes. I can just stare into them forever. He started to move a little closer. Any closer and we would be kissing but he stopped. My wolf whined. She wanted Ryder to kiss us. To feel his lips on mine.

"You are beautiful",he says and then goes back to laying down while pulling me closer to him and closing his eyes falling asleep.

My mind processes over his words. 'You are beautiful'. His words make get a feeling I never got with any other guy in my life.