Status: This story is copyrighted.

The Alpha and the Luna

Chapter Sixteen

"Well I guess you were going to hear about all this eventually",she says looking completely sad.

"You don't have to tell me about it. But I would like to hear about it sometime",I say back to her.

"Well it all started when I was a young girl. I was sixteen when I met Ryder's father. Luciano King",she says smiling. Probably from a memory of her mate which I realize I never have met or seen Ryder's father.

"Like Lucinda's name",I ask her.

"Yeah somehow they are cousins",she says.

"So what I was saying when I met him it was under some unfriendly circumstances. When my pack was at its weakest moment Lucian attacked our pack. He took us all back to his pack and threw the Alpha in prison. My friend Emily,the Alpha's daughter stood up for her father. Then he was going to throw her in prison with her father and have the rest of the pack join his but I stood up for her. Me an Omega. That was what I was before. An Omega. When he saw me we both knew we were each others mates. He tried to deny the bond so much because of my rank and so did I. He was a jerk. But later we feel for each other and then we were happy. Until the vampires attack and killed him. I already had Ryder's brother. He was two years old when this all happened. I figured out I was pregnant with Ryder a few days after Lucian's death. I almost lost Ryder because I went into deep depression from losing my mate but I found a reason to get out of it and continue on with my life. It was hard because there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about my mate. The bond for some reason feels like it still exist like my husband,my mate was never taken from me",she finished her story as a small tear fell from her eye.

"What about Ryder's brother",I ask her changing the topic.

"Well since he was older and grew up more with the father figure he was a more bad kid then Ryder. He became an Alpha of another pack by killing the Alpha who was treating the pack poorly. He was a good kid and still is but just has not been back here in seven years. I visit him from time to time but Ryder has not",she says sadly. I also feel bad for Ryder not having a good bond with his brother.

"What was his name",I ask her.

"Dylan. We named him after an old friend of ours but now that friend is long gone",she says and stands up.

"We should be heading back. We don't want Ryder getting angry that we are out so late",she says and starts walking to the dressing room. So many things I don't know about Ryder and I just assume things. Maybe him not having much people in his life made him the way he is now but it is still no excuse.

I just get up and head to my dressing room and get back into my clothes. Then after we leave the spa to see the driver back outside.

"Hello",he says.

"Hello",we both say back to him. He opens the door for us and we both go inside. Once Ada tells him to go back to the house he starts the car up and starts driving.

"You know Sophie",she starts but pauses so I look at her.

"Yes",I say.

"You should give him a chance. Something might happen one day and you could lose him. You don't want to do or say something you regret before anything bad happens because when you do you will regret it. Also you won't be able to take it back",she says with some tears forming in her eyes.

"I will",I tell her and bring her in for a hug. We pull apart when the driver tells us we are back in pack territory.

I should just give him a chance. Something bad can happen at any moment. I just don't want to do something that I will regret later on.

Once I get out the car I tell Ada goodbye and she leaves. The driver drives her to her home. Then I head to the pack house. I enter the room and see a worried Ryder.

"Where were you",he ask me.

"I was with your mother don't worry",I say to him with a small smile.

"You do not know how worried I was when you left",he says to me. I just smile and he looks at me with confusion.

"Don't worry. I am here and safe. I can't get hurt. Not when you owe me that date in two days",I say and smile at him.

"Yeah. You still want to go on that date",he ask me.

"Yes. Why wouldn't I? Maybe the date can be tomorrow instead",I say to him.

'Yeah we can go anywhere you want",he says to me.

"How about the park",I ask him.

"Sure. We can go to the park",he says. I smile again at him.

We talk for a little while longer until he is told that he has to leave so I let him go. I go into the restroom and get ready for bed. Once I am done I go back into the room and see that the window is open. I look at the bed and see a paper. I start to feel frightened remembering the other time and then I slowly walk over to the bed for the note and pick it up. Then I read it.

YOU THINK YOU ARE SAFE. WAIT UNTIL WE GET

OUR HANDS ON YOU THEN YOU WON'T BE. WE

WILL MAKE YOUR PACK COME CRUMBLING

DOWN.

I just look up and out my window to see a pair of glowing eyes fading away in the distance. I hurry over to the window and close it. Then lock it. I then close the curtains and get myself into bed. My body shook in fear. I just think over and over again of the words on the note and try to close my eyes to get some sleep. It was hard at first but sleep takes me minutes later.